Freshmen Party

Living with That Guy

Chapter 2 Freshman Party

 

The police couldn’t promise me to find the man who stole my money and my cell phone in the near future. They need time to find that man, especially when the information I could give was very lacking because I didn’t really pay attention to that thief at that time. Moreover, the crime scene doesn’t have any cctv.

 

With unsteady steps, I walked alone in this big city. That money was gone, and I couldn’t contact anyone at this time. I have some cash in my bank account but it wasn’t that much. I didn’t expect any kind of bad luck experiences happened since my first day in Seoul.

Really .

 

I blow my breath up to make my bangs lifted. What should I do now? How do my mom and my brother react when they know I lost the money they had prepared for me? Tears had accumulated in my eyes bag. Alone in this town without someone whom I can rely on makes me feel very weak.

 

I tapped my cheeks with my both hands. I should not falling into despair like this, isn’t this the first step for me to live independently and become more mature? Money that I have right now is very limited. If I don't want to die because of starvation in this big city, I had to look for a job. Well, for  today, I'll found Chanyeol’s apartment first and tomorrow I will start looking for a part-time job. My self confidence start to rise. At least in this city I still have a shelter. I pulled my suitcase with spirit. This is just the beginning, nothing can stand in your way, Mina!

-----

 

The elevator door’s open. It’s 9th floor. I walked out from the elevator and searched the unit number that were written in a piece of paper in my hand. "This is it, 93." I muttered. I immediately opened the lid of password lock and press the buttons. The door's open.

 

It’s quite spacious and consists of two levels. I observe the interior and looked at the kitchen, the bathroom, and the living room. The appliences and furnitures are still there. Not far from living room, there’s a room. I entered that room and switched on the lamp. There are not many stuff in this room, just a bed, built-in cupboard, and a desk. My eyes were on a frame at the desk. A photo of three persons with a woman in the middle. One of the guy is Sanghyun oppa. I look around once again and smiled. So this was his room.

 

I went upstairs and entered the other room. I know it was Chanyeol’s from the wallpaper and the stuff. There’s a guitar at the corner of the room. I guess he’s still playing music all this time.

 

This is more than enough for me to stay alone here. Once satisfied seeing around, I took my suitcase and loaded my stuff. I've decided to use the room above because I want to let Sanghyun oppa’s room as it is. Chanyeol's room it’s enough for me.

 

After finished loading all stuff that's not too much, I went to the kitchen to put some meal boxes containing my mother’s kimchi on the refrigerator. Apparently, the refrigerator filled by bottles of juice and cans of beer. I took one of the beer can, observe it.

Chanyeol likes to drink? I didn’t know that.

 

After put that can back, I took one bottle of juice, walked to living room and sat on the couch. It's time to watch my favorite drama . I enjoy the drama while drinking the juice. Chanyeol was very considerate, leaving the refrigerator full of drinks.

 

Less than an hour, my eyes are already heavy and no longer could watch TV. Maybe I was too tired because of the trip. I decided to go back to the room and sleep. Before went upstairs, I turned off TV and the lights. Tomorrow I have to go to campus early so I can walk around and know my campus better before my first course.

-----

 

The sunlight entered through my room and wake me up. It’s 7 o'clock in the morning. I walked down to the kitchen and drank a glass of water. When heading to the bathroom, my eyes caught something strange. At that moment, I realized the lights at the living room were still on. I tilted my head. Strange, as I recall yesterday I had turned it off.

 

“Don’t tell me...” I had goose bumps. To be honest, I’m afraid of ghost. Is this place haunted?

I shook my head before my imagination gone wild and repeatedly whispered, "Ghost doesn't exist". 

 

-----

 

This morning I lied to my mother. I called home using a public phone at my campus and as I thought, my mother and my brother were very anxious because there wasn’t any news from me yesterday. Maybe if there’s also no news from me today, Minhyuk oppa would definitely go to Seoul. Telling the truth just make them more worried. Therefore, I told my mother that my cell phone was broken and couldn’t be reached for a while.

 

The last class for my first day at university just ended. As I cleared my stuff at table, Shim Chanmi, a girl sitting next to me, pat my shoulder.

 

"Hey, are you going to the freshmen party?" She asked me. This girl comes from Yeongju, just like me. At the lunchtime, we talked a lot and were being close instantly, maybe because of our homeland bond.

 

"Freshmen party? I wonder, there’s something I have to do... " To be honest I didn’t even know there was that event. Moreover, I had to find a part-time job.

 

"Could it be postponed? This party is a chance to be closer with another freshmen in our department. You shouldn’t miss it. "

 

"But ..."

 

"Moreover, Lee Taemin will treat all of us."

 

Hearing the word ‘treat’ made me interested. "Is It True?"

 

Chanmi nodded.

 

 "I actually don’t really know, but some people said his family is extremely rich, therefore he’s willing to pay all the expenses for the party."

 

Lee Taemin is one of freshmen in our major. He was friendly and easy to get along with everyone. Moreover, his handsome face has captured the hearts of many women in our department. Hence, he has been surrounded by a lot of people although this is our first day.

 

After thinking for a while, I decided to join the party. Tonight dinner will be free so I can’t miss it.

 

 

There were about twenty people from a total of 63 freshmen in business department present at the party tonight. We were divided into three groups and each group sat around one long table. The restaurant was quite crowded, because we’re not the only one had a party here, there were two other departments that doing the same event.

 

Our group consist of 7 people, one of them is Lee taemin, the main sponsor of tonight's event. There’s also Chanmi, and other four people besides me. While waiting for orders, we started introducing ourselves. The first person was Lee Taemin. He came from Seoul and his hobby is dancing. He even showed his dancing skill to us. His dance was incredible, I didn’t expect that great talent out of his body.

 

Several minutes passed and Chanmi finished her introduction. Now, all eyes were now on me, the next turn. I got up from my chair, my eyes observe all eyes that are currently looked at me. "Hello, my name is Kang Mina. I come from Yeongju. You could say my hobby is eating, because the most enjoyable  moment for me is when my stomach full." I said while introduce my self with Seoul accent that I had mastered.

 

Some of them laugh, some other holding back their laugh because they’re feeling bad toward me. Meanwhile, Taemin looked at me like he was finding a rare shells at the large sand beach. Was it that weird if I mention my hobby is eating?

 

I was the last person in the group and a few seconds after I sat down, the waiter brought our orders, Galbi and Samgyeopsal. The Fragrant of red meats and its seasoning was too tempting, I can’t endure to eat. My saliva already flowing in my mouth. I immediately took one of the plates and chopsticks, ready to take a piece of that y meat and grill it at the grill plate.

 

"Wait!" Taemin already sit there next to me and holding my arm. I looked at him in surprise as he’s staring me. What’s with him? Don’t tell me, you wouldn’t let me eat this, Lee Taemin.

 

"You said that your hobby is eating, right?" He asked to make sure.

 

I nodded. Well, I said that. He then smiled with pleasure.

What's going on?

 

Taemin got up from his chair and shouted. "Ya! Kim Jong-In! "

 

I, as well as other friends, turned to see who was summoned by Taemin. A guy who was sitting in one of the other majors groups that were also waiting for their meal to arrive, lifting his head. "What?" He asked.

 

Taemin went over to him and had little conversation. I wonder what they're talking about.

 

Shortly after it, Taemin and that guy named Kim Jongin went to our table. Seeing him approaching made some women seem excited. Chanmi was one of them, she clutched my arm, saying, "He's so cool!"

 

I looked at him from top to bottom. It’s a lie if I say he's not cool, a big lie. He’s very cool. That guy wearing a dark blue shirt with a black T-shirt in it and jeans. It’s indeed ordinary, but somehow you will feel that setting is awesome in his body. Moreover, he was standing next to Lee Taemin, making both of them looked perfect.

 

"To make tonight party more fun, I’ll hold a duel." Taemin said. He then puts his arm around me. " Kang Mina, you're willing to participate, right?"

 

 "Me?" I asked, pointing my index finger towards myself. Taemin nodded. It seems he was serious. My eyes glanced at Taemin and Jongin. "What kind of duel?"

 

Taemin put his another arm in Jongin shoulder. "This guy is also love eating like you. So far no one can beat him in an eating contest. If you want, you could be the first one who beat him down." While Taemin talk, Kim Jongin was looking at me intently. As he observe me, I stared back at him, made me had a chance to see his face longer. I've seen this guy somewhere...

 

After a few seconds our eyes met, Kim Jongin remove his gaze and throwing Taemin’s hand from his shoulders lazily. "You want me to fight this girl? Do not joke. It’s even not funny." he said.

 

Looks like he looked down on me. I blew my bangs and folded my hands on chest. You don’t know yet who Kang Mina is.

"I'm in." I replied. "Explain the rule."

 

Taemin pleased to heard my answer. He immediately explained the game to me. "You both will be given a large bowl Ramyeon and you have to eat that as fast as possible. The winner is the fastest among you two."

 

"Interesting." I got up from my chair. "What can I get if I win this match?"

 

"You can get this restaurant special A level 500gr fillet beef!"

 

I lifted my right eyebrow. Fillet beef? If I can get it, I’ll eat well.

 

“How’s the reward?” Taemin asked the two of us.

 

I looked at Kim Jongin, he seemed like quite close to Taemin. If that guy is his circle friend that mean he's quite rich. Wait a minute, maybe I can take advantage from this situation.

 

"I want to add the prize." I said. Taemin showed his interest in what I'm saying. I raised two fingers and said, "The loser must treat the winner lunch for two weeks!"

 

"Well, it seems more interesting. How Jongin? Do you agree? "Asked Lee Taemin.

 

Kim Jongin turned his head on me. His expression changed, showed interest. "Okay, I agree." He replied. My friends were immediately cheered.

 

Good! If I can win against him, I could have a two weeks of free lunch.

 

Seeing me filled with the joy, he smiled slyly. I looked at that guy in front of me. From his smile, I could see the confidence. He had never lost before, suddenly my fear of losing appeared. It's gonna be alright, isn't it?

 

 

Author's note

Kai turned up in this chapter! ^^

I use 'Kim Jongin' in this story instead of Kai

I hope I could describe the story enough for you all to understand the story

^^

Your feedbacks are welcome :D