You and I Together

You

6/8/2015

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You and I Together

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Christmas morning and Dara was sitting next to Jiyong. She was wearing a pair of long flannel pajamas, her hair brushed and held back with a headband.  He was dressed in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt, having gotten up early and driven over to the house to be here for when Dara got up. Her father sat across from them, next to the Christmas tree, opening the present Dara and Jiyong got for him. He held up the silver silk tie and admired it. In the box lay a suit that was a little darker in color.

 

Dara looked at Jiyong and chuckled before facing her father. “Appa, Jiyong and I thought maybe you could wear that when you walk me down the aisle.”

 

Sanjin’s eyes snapped up. He looked from one to another. “Aisle? Are you two..?”

 

Dara nodded, laughing as she held out her hand and the diamond ring she’d kept hidden in order to surprise him. “Jiyong’s asked me to marry him. I’ve said yes.”

 

Sanjin smiled, his happiness boundless. He always knew Jiyong would be good for Dara, and she for him, but after his initial failure at getting them together, he’d left it to the two of them to decide their course. But he continued to hope for the best. “Congratulations sweetheart. You two already know that this is what I’ve wanted more than anything. Now I know you’ll be taken care of.”

 

Dara and Jiyong thanked him. After they finished opening the remainder of presents, Dara and Jiyong went to the kitchen to make breakfast since they’d given all of the help a day off. Later the three of them were going to drive down to the Choi’s to deliver presents and spend the afternoon before coming back home.

 

As Jiyong stood at the stove cooking pancakes, Dara went up and hugged him from behind. There was a time when she hated Kwon Jiyong and thought he had come into her life only to make the rift between her father and her grow wider. But a little over a year later she was more mature to know that the problems between her father and her had been there before Jiyong came along. It was a result of her and her father’s making. She left home swearing to prove to everyone that she could make it on her own. But now she realized that the grown up thing to do was not to run away but to stay and face the problem and to talk things out so that there were no misunderstandings that could ruin a relationship. But most of all it was important to be honest with one’s self, with ‘you’ and not be quick to blame others for things that were partly your fault as well.

 

Jiyong placed one hand over her arms and caressed her skin lightly. “You okay?” he asked, and felt her nod her head against his back. After a moment she released him and came around. He moved his arm to drape over her shoulder and smiled down at her.  She was at times his bane, teasing him to no end, sometimes driving him insane with distraction, but always – always, she was his love.

 

She slid her hand down over his and gave it a squeeze.

 

“Dara…” he warned, noticing the playful look in her eyes.

 

“Yes Jiyong?” she asked innocently, and he scoffed at the deceiving look.

 

“Why don’t you go set the table, okay?”

 

“Sure baby, anything you say.” She winked at him and sashayed away as Jiyong shook his head and laughed. Ah, being married to her was going to be an enjoyable experience. One that he was looking forward to with all his heart.

 

 

 

Finis.

 

 

 

Thank you everyone for reading!! I think I'll take some time off now and focus on enjoying reading and writing offline for a while. Hengsho applers!