Love Me Like you Do

You

6/6/2015

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Love Me Like You Do

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sanjin sat in the back seat with his eyes closed when he heard Teddy talking on the phone. Afterwards Teddy reported to him that Sandara’s bodyguards called to say they were on their way to Seoul along with Sandara.

 

“Why?” Sanjin asked, instantly alert. Had something happened? He had just said goodbye to her 30 minutes ago as she had wanted to spend a few days with the Chois before coming back home.

 

Teddy's gaze, slightly amused, met his boss's through the rear view miror. “Apparently they’re headed to Mr. Kwon’s apartment.”

 

“Really?” Sanjin’s brow arched in surprise. And then a slow smile spread across his face as he leaned his head back. Ah, well, that was okay then he supposed... And he closed his eyes and relaxed, the smile still on his face.

 

*

 

Jiyong had just finished showering and changed into sweats and a t-shirt. He’d gotten home from delivering his gift for Dara a little over an hour ago.  He didn’t speak to her, but he did see her briefly. She had looked so happy to have her family around her. And it had hurt that he wasn’t among those that was sharing her special day with her. But she had asked him to give her space.

 

He was in the kitchen looking for something to eat when he heard the doorbell. Jiyong looked at the time – it was past 9pm. No one ever came to his place. It must be a mistake, he thought. But a few seconds later the doorbell rang again. Jiyong went to the door and pressed the viewer, and his eyes widened with surprise.

 

He opened the door and stared at the girl standing there. “Dara.”

 

“Can I come in?” she asked.

 

Jiyong stood to the side and allowed her to pass. He shut the door and continued to look at her.  She held in her hand the envelope with the document he’d given for her present. She held this now up to him.

 

“You brought this to the house.”

 

He glanced down, recognizing the document. “Yes.”

 

“Why?” she asked, her beautiful eyes searching his. “Why would you do this, Jiyong?”

 

Jiyong opened his mouth as if he were about to say something but no words came out. How should he explain to her that what she held was his love? If he said the actual words, would she draw further away? Ask for more space?

 

“How could you pledge your life to me in this way?” she asked, her voice quiet. The contract put everything in her favor. He would work Park Industries in whatever capacity and for whatever length of time as Sandara would have need of him. And whatever assets in company stock he would attain he would not be able to resell without her consent or that of her heir. And upon his death all said shares would revert back to Sandara Park or her heirs upon his demise.  It was essentially what her father had told her Jiyong had requested to be added to his contract with Park Industries. He had gone ahead and did it and provided her the legally binding document as his gift to her.

 

 

 

“Jiyong,” she said, and took a step closer to him. “You shouldn’t bind yourself this way. You never know what the future holds. Maybe two, three, ten years from now you meet someone, the love of your life, your future with that person will be hampered by this.”

 

“I’ve already met her,” he answered softly, looking at her.

 

Dara felt her heartbeat soar. “Is it… anyone I know?” she asked, needing to hear it from his own mouth.

 

He nodded, and stepped closer. “Yes.”

 

“Who?” she whispered, as the distance between them closed, and Dara found herself barely an inch apart from him. There was no doubt now on her part what she wanted, and with whom. She just needed to know from him that it was her he was choosing, not because of any contract, and not because of any promise between him and her father.

 

You.”

 

**

 

It was early morning a few weeks later and Mino was carrying a box of vegetables from the storage into the kitchen. Sanghyun was helping their mother rearrange the tables in the front. Jin and Hyun Woo had gone off to the market to pick up more supplies. HMino looked up as the back door of the restaurant opened and grinned and shouted happily when he saw his Noona step in.  But he frowned a second later though when he saw she was followed by a good looking stranger, and that she was holding his hand.

 

“Mino-ah!” Dara squealed, letting go of Jiyong’s hand as she ran up to her dongsaeng and hugged him tightly.

 

Mino returned her hug, his eyes narrowing on the stranger. And when she released him, Mino looked at her and said, “Noona, who is he?”

 

**