prompt #9

Dooseob prompts

Tired was an understatement doojoon was dead exhausted.  

Doojoon honestly felt like he was walking on thin ice, each step he takes the larger the cracks appear before he could finally fall through, this is what he felt like inside for almost four weeks now. However doojoon wasn’t so sure how much longer he could take it before he finally breaks down, the ever growing mountain on his back just gets larger day by day.

But he never complains, as much as doojoon wants to he cant. Instead doojoon endures it all and bottles up all his frustrations, worries, and weariness away from everyone. If there’s one thing that doojoon can’t stand its being a burden to the people around him, he doesn’t want to let anyone down so he tries his best to be everyone’s pillar in their life supporting them endlessly and putting them first. It’s the least he could do for them.

Doojoon was well aware of the consequences waiting for him when he stepped into the music industry, he was aware that his freedom will be limited under the scrutinizing eyes of the public watching everything he does. Especially when you’re seen as an idol having to live up to everyone’s expectations, of course everything had to look perfect.


But the main question is how much longer can he cope with this?


the whole group was settled in the van as they make their way back to the dorm to be reunited with their long awaited beds that would welcome their sore muscles, in the back kikwang and yoseob were murmuring to each other something that he couldn’t hear, junhyung occupied himself with his phone tapping away as hyunseung next to him had fallen asleep on their maknaes shoulder who didn’t mind at all since he was listening to his iPod. As the van came to a stop outside their dorm the members slowly spilled out feeling more awake since they were at home.

Yoseob stretched his arms he overheard kikwang asking doojoon when he’ll be back, turning around he found doojoon still seated at the passenger seat with his seatbelt on.

“Ah, I’ll be back around three in the morning so don’t wait up for me. I’ve also left some money on the kitchen counter so feel free to order whatever you want for dinner.” Doojoon smiled hearing the youngest two excitement especially dongwoon who gladly cheered free food.

Exchanging their goodbyes the rest watched the van till it disappeared from their view, kikwang and dongwoon had already bolted straight into the building leaving junhyung and hyunseung to tag along behind them, but yoseob stayed back a little longer still staring from where the van had disappeared.

after finally deciding on having pizza for dinner the five of them huddled together in the living room with open boxes of pizza centred on top of the table, as much as yoseob loved eating pizza (especially when it’s free) he couldn’t help but think that there was something off about doojoon.  He couldn’t focus properly on the cheesy pizza or the sounds of the TV vibrating around the room.

“Hey, don’t you think that there’s something going on with doojoon?”

 

“Huh, what do you mean by that?” the maknae answered stuffing another slice into his mouth.

“I mean, don’t you think that there’s something off about doojoon lately?” staring at his drink, yoseob couldn’t put a finger on what just it was that was going on with the leader.

Hyunseung reached over for a can of coke giving it to junhyung who gladly accepted it, “he seems fine to me lately, nothing out of the ordinary.”

“yeah doojoon is still the same old doojoon, perhaps you’re just overthinking about it too much.” Kikwang reassured yoseob with a firm grip on his shoulder along with his eye smile, yoseob mirrored the eye smile as he felt his worries gradually melt away.

“if something was bothering doojoon hyung we’d spot it right away, he’s an open book of course.”

Junhyung was right doojoon is an open book and he would definitely talk to them if there was something wrong, yoseob mentally shook his head for overthinking things, pushing his thoughts to the back of his head he laughed hearing dongwoon call junhyung out hyung I was just watching that and it was getting at the good part! To which junhyung replied well it’s boring and a waste of my time.
 

 


Yoseob desperately wished that time would go faster yet here he was lying in bed wide awake, it was two am and the only thing he could hear was the mocking ticks of the clock in his room and the muffled distant snores from the other members.

Groaning in frustration he shuffled in his duvet facing the blank wall once again, it didn’t help at all that he’d have to be up soon at seven. Through the past few hours of him trying to get himself to sleep he went from checking up his social medias to trying to drift off to sleep listening to music and it was all useless. Getting more restless by the minute yoseob finally dragged himself out of his bed quietly heading towards the living room hoping that watching tv would help him get to sleep quicker.

sitting down on the sofa yoseob grabbed one of the pillows setting it down on his lap before he began to flicker through the shows trying to find something decent that would keep him occupied for a while before he stopped at some random drama. He didn’t know how long he was watching TV till he heard the front door open and then softly close, he glanced at the clock seeing it was three forty five already almost four and I’m still wide awake great.

“How come you’re still awake?”
 

Yoseob jumped in his seat startled by doojoons sudden appearance, yoseob glanced at the taller leaning against the doorway, the soft glow of the TV highlighting his silhouette.

“Ah, I couldn’t sleep so I thought I’ll just distract myself by watching TV until then.”

Doojoon nodded before he sat down next to yoseob on the sofa, “hyung, you should go to bed since –“
he cut yoseob off, “nah, I’m fine besides I won’t be able to sleep properly knowing that you’ll be the only one awake.” The eldest slouched into the sofa getting himself comfortable, yoseob smiled following doojoons example sinking into the sofa.

For a while no words were spoken to each other as the sounds of the TV filled in the gaps in the air, yoseob wasn’t paying too much attention towards their flat tv he was pretty much preoccupied stealing side glances at doojoons side profile. The light emitting from the glowing tv washed over the others face showing off doojoons structured features it made his heart skip.


“You should take a picture it’ll last longer.”

Yoseobs face was flushed pink he didn’t realise that doojoon had caught him staring; he huffed as he saw doojoon teasingly smirked at him right before yoseob punched his arm.

“I don’t blame you; if I could I would marry myself.” Doojoon proudly stated the ends of his lips reaching up to his eyes, the shortest watched doojoon chuckle to himself. He honestly missed having doojoon around everything wasn’t as fun without him, doojoon hadn’t been spending as much time with them as usual, yoseob wasn’t even sure if he even had time for himself considering the fact that doojoon had an avalanche full of schedules awaiting for him almost every day.

Yoseob wasn’t even sure if doojoon had been even sleeping properly.

“Hey, what’s with the concerned look? Are you okay seobie?”

Yoseob ignored the fact that his heart skipped for the second time, “I think I should be the one asking you that.”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you okay hyung?”

Doojoon was a little taken back, he didn’t know if there was more meaning to the question than he thought. But it seemed like it.

“Yeah, of course I’m okay.”

“Are you sure.”  Yoseob tilted his head watching doojoon closely.

“Seobie, I’m okay, really. What’s going on? Did junhyung say something stupid about me again?”

This time it was yoseob laughing, “No he didn’t say anything about you; it’s just that I’ve been a bit worried about you lately.”

Doojoon shifted in his seat so he was facing yoseob slightly, “I’m okay really, seriously. It’s just – nothing.”

The look in yoseobs eye hardened the walls around doojoon were finally beginning to crack, “it’s just?” doojoon looked down to his hands on his lap his back slowly hunching over.

“I’m just – tired no. I’m exhausted mentally and physically, I barely have any time for myself I’m constantly needed everywhere to do this and do that. As if I can be at like seven places at once, I’m just – one person I’m not a robot, I can’t absolutely do everything that you expect me to do. Sometimes I just want to scream and run five hundred miles away but I can’t, I’m just so – tired it’s wearing me out.  I have no idea how I’m running on three to four hours asleep a day it’s amazing how I haven’t passed out so Far.”

yoseob felt a bump against his shoulder, it was doojoon’s forehead. Yoseob sadly smiled as he listened to doojoon breathe against him he really bottled everything up, for this long. Yoseob wrapped his left arm around doojoon gently caressing his back hoping that it would help ease doojoon in some sort of way. The eldest caved himself into yoseob as the shortest continued doojoons back coaxing him to continue on.

“I miss playing football and eating as much chicken as I want, I miss playing my video games and oversleeping. I miss spending time with the group and – I miss you, seobie.”

yoseob felt the his face heat up, taking the pillow out of his lap he placed it behind him as he slowly brought doojoon to lie down with him so they were facing each other on their sides.

“I missed you too joonie.”  Lifting himself up yoseob kissed the tip of doojoons nose right before doojoon buried his smile into the crook of yoseobs neck, snaking his arms around the other. Yoseob did the same as they both drifted off to sleep with the TV left on in the background.
 


the next morning yoseob found himself secured in doojoons arms as well as a blanket covering the two of them, just as he was about to get up to find out the time he spotted a blue post it note on top of doojoons head. Slowly untangling one of his arms around doojoon he brought the note closer so he could it read it properly, apparently the others have called their manager to say that they were both ill giving the two at least a week or two to rest at home. Yoseob smiled in appreciation mentally thanking the others even though he could clearly picture dongwoon and kikwang giggling at them while they were sleeping as well with a smirking junhyung, he would never hear the end of this.

Doojoon stirred in his sleep burrowing himself closer into yoseob, yoseob smiled putting the note away returning back to snuggle with doojoon under the fluffy blanket.


 


the first prompt is done after how long!! sorry for the delay I had to write half of this up on my brothers computer since I needed to buy a new laptop battery for my laptop,I hope this was okay (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ


please comment to let me know how you found this & which prompt you want next~!! ( *¯ ³¯*)♡