Chapter 4

The Un-sasaeng-ing of Jeon Minju
A/N: Okay, I am so excited by myself because I've been thinking of various scenarios on how to make Kai and Minju clash. It's so funny in my head. Oh I wish there's some super machine that can type what's in my head quickly. *sigh*
 

 
 
It was two in the morning when the EXO memebers arrived back to the dorm. Kai laid on the grey couch with Chanyeol sneaking in, both sighing out of tiredness.
 
"Yah, Jongin-ah, you've been there more than an hour! Aren't you gonna shower?" Suho slapped his wet towel on Kai. "Hurry up and rest. We have a schedule at 8 in the morning."
 
Kai buried his face on the throw pillow, "But hyung, somehow I can't fall asleep even when I'm so tired right now." He ruffled his hair, "Why am I like this? I feel anxious for some reason."
 
"You know what they say," a half asleep  Jongdae was sitting on the other couch. "Your soulmate must be in trouble or something."
 
Chanyeol rolled and fell on the floor, "Oh, who could it be?" He grabbed a pillow and positioned himself on the grey carpet, completely giving up on dragging himself to bed.
 
Suho kicked Chanyeol's leg lightly, "Yah! Go to your room. Hurry!"
 
Kai rested his chin on his palm and gazed at the window, a crinkle forming on his forehead. "I don't need a soulmate," he muttered under his breath. "My Janggu and Monggu are enough"
 
"Huh? You were saying something, Kai-yah?" Suho said while dragging a dead asleep Chen on his shoulders.
 
Kai stood up and zipped on his jacket, "Nothing hyung. As I thought, I really can't sleep. I'm going to take a walk."
 
"Oh, I see. Be careful!" Suho called at Kai's leaving figure. "Try not to get into photos so much."
 
Kai nodded, putting on the black hood on and closing the door.
 
--
 
Two? Nah... Five? Kai's eyes narrowed. He could feel their eyes boring at the back of his head. Do they even sleep? Ah, I forgot. Monsters aren't humans. They don't need no sleep.
 
He regretted going out immediately. Adding to the crazy sasaengs tailing him, the weather was already chilly. He knew, but it was so much colder at three in the morning.
 
He wanted to turn around and run back the dorm. However, his anxiousness hasn't left him so he decided to go for a nonstop run to a secluded area of the park. Sweating it out would probably warm him. "Should I check up on my mom and dad?" he mused but dismissed the idea. "They're probably lovey-dovey right now."
 
He heard the whispers nearby which reminded him; his hyungs wouldn't be really pleased to find his jogging picture on the forums... again. His speed surely won't be matched by lousy girls. He zipped his jacket up to the end and pulled the strings of the hood to cover his freezing ears. And in a split second, he was running like he was being chased by bulls; not like sasaengs are any different.
 
After a few dodging and hiding in shadows he managed to put a good distance from them. He shook his hands while waiting for the stoplight to turn green. After crossing, he jogged towards the underpass and paced up when he entered the deserted path. He was already past the bulks of newspaper when he did a double take and turned around, noticing something moving under the crumpled papers. Must be a homeless person struggling with sleep.
 
He puffed. This person must be really cold. He took his jacket off, wiped his sweat on the forehead first before casually draping his clothing on the sleeping figure.
 
Satisfied with his good deed, he continued jogging with his thin royal blue t-shirt soaked with his sweat, all his anxiousness gone away.
 
 

 
With the cold wind hitting Minju's cheeks, she tried hard to stop her whimpering. She thought she had cried enough about her fight with her parents but apparently, she has more tears to let out.
 
She was crazy to run to Seoul at such time when buses are unavailable. Now she's forced to wander around the cold empty streets for a few more hours. She shivered, hugging herself. She fished her wallet from her pockets and groaned in frustration. She wouldn't even be able to buy any cup ramen with a few coins; her uniform wasn't really keeping her warm either.
 
"I'm hungry..." she reluctantly walked past the snack shop.
 
She stared at her watch as it ticked so very slow that her eyes almost fell close. The park was so quiet until two drunk salary men came tripping and cussing each other. One of them fell on her feet, making her shriek and jump from her seat. She ran as fast as she could, crossing the street and ending up in an underpass. 
 
Minju slumped herself on the white-tiled underpass, the area scattered with trampled newspapers and carton. "Eomma... appa..." she cried, hugging her knees and burying her head. "Eomma... appa..." she cried and cried until her eyes gave in and shut.
 
--
 
"Yah! Where did he go?"
 
Minju blinked as she heard a few groans echoing from a distance. It was dark and warm confusing her. The last moment she remembered was crying out at an underpass. She slowly propped herself up, cartons and a piece of clothing falling off her. She had to shield her eyes by the sudden burst of brightness. After a few more blinks, she noticed a black jacket on her lap, trying to recall where it came from. How long was she asleep exactly?
 
"Are you sure it's this way?"
 
"Why did you lose him!" whined another voice
 
The voices were coming closer. She saw a group of girls sprinting towards her direction. She watched them and concluded what they are. Two were carrying cameras, the others on the phone calling their intel. A bunch of sasaengs. It takes one to know one.
 
However, the most loud-mouthed one met Minju's eye and then scanned her from top to toe. This sent her chills, making her stand up and raise her guard.
 
"Isn't that his?" they narrowed their eyes on her.
 
What? Minju tilted her head, slowly backing away.
 
"Hey, it's his right?"
 
"Yah! Student! How did you get that?" They came closer and closer. "It definitely is his! I'm sure!" one even went back to the camera.
 
This is bad news. She had no idea what they were talking about but butting heads alone is no good. Who are they? Or could it be EXO sasaengs trying to get back at her for throwing eggs at that EXO member. She spun her heels and dashed away, looking back a few times to check on the angry faces of the girls.
 
She wore her bag and covered her back with the black jacket, jumping on the first bushes she saw upon turning into a corner. Did I shake them off? She laid down the ground and let the time pass without noise. The clock said three. She shook her head in frustration. She thought she had slept for a really long time back there but guess what, she has to stay around for a few more hours before her bus comes. Maybe because it was so warm back there. She wondered where the jacket came from.
 
Crawling out the darkness, she jogged again, vigorously looking from left to right and staying vigilant over then sasaengs she came across. This led her to bumping on the jogging figure towards her.
 
She yelped and held her forehead, bowing immediately saying "I'm sorry." and walking away hurriedly.
 
A strong force held her back, pulling her ponytail and making her step backwards. "You..." a deep voice came from behind.
 
She wriggled out from the male's grip and bowed again, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you."
 
A scoff came from the tall figure infront of her. "Didn't mean? You purposely did that didn't you?"
 
Minju perked up to meet a murderous pair of eyes. The guy was familiar but not quite. "I said sorry. I didn't mean it."
 
"Oho. Didn't. Really now, sasaeng fan." he poked his finger on her forehead, quite harshly too.
 
She gaped, "Ah seriously, who are you to be followed by me?" she couldn't help but look at his almond eyes. His orbs were scolding and demeaning.
 
"This." he pulled the black jacket draped on her back, "is mine. Seriously sasaeng, how could you deprive the unfortunate and steal from them?" he towered over her and fixated his glare at her.
 
Confused, Minju looked at all directions except him. "AH! You're the scrawny EXO member!" she immediately cupped at the same time as he covered .
 
"Aish!" he almost cursed. "Shut up you annoying sasaeng!"
 
This time, it was her turn to scoff. "This is yours?" she pulled one sleeve of the jacket from his hand. "And I was wondering how and why some noisy bunch of girls were chasing me." she murmured.
 
"I'm warning you sasaeng, stay away from me."
 
"Ha! As if I want to!" she straightened up and tried to look tough. "You can take this away. I don't even want it!" she tossed the jacket back.
 
"Nevermind!" he snapped, "It's too dirty to be used." He threw it down the ground and jogged away irritated.
 
"Grrrrr! I wanna poke those eyes so bad!" Minju kicked the jacket away and started walking to the opposite direction. She sneezed and hugged herself again as the wind chilled her puffy cheeks.
 
A few seconds later, she turned and picked up the jacket albeit with a little hesitation.
 
"I'm not taking it because I want it but because I need it!" she yelled through the empty park. She draped the dusty jacket on her back and started walking again, "Ah, cold!"
 

 
 
'Are you awake?'
 
'Seolhyun-ah... '
 
'I'm really sorry. Please pick up the phone.'
 
'My love, please pick up!'
 
'I, Kim Hanbin has wronged you my beautiful princess... I am deeply sorry.'
 
Hanbin sat at the narrow veranda of their dorm. All the members were long gone to dreamland while here he was, ringing his girlfriend's phone for the 80-something-th time.
 
Minju's leaving figure was still fresh in his head; her shaking shoulders, her downcast eyes, and her muffled cries. But what could he do? He can never go against his manager. He ruffled his head in frustration. It wasn't really the time to be thinking of some other girl, instead of Seolhyun. "Minju is strong. She will definitely understand. She'll come up with her big grin tomorrow. Definitely." he convinced himself. "Ahhh, Seolhyun-ah's not picking u--!"
 
"Wae?" Seolhyun's hoarse voice was faint.
 
Hanbin has gripped on the rails in frustration. He doesn't even know what to do or how to woo her anymore. "Jagiya... please don't be angry anymore." Fighting with Seolhyun has been the norm ever since the comeback preparations. The last proper date they had was two months ago. He couldn't even call it proper because they merely stayed inside his manager's personal car the whole time eating take-out food.
 
"Kim Hanbin, I really want to trust you." she confessed. "Please don't let me down."
 
He pouted, "I promise! I Kim Hanbin, only loves Kim Seolhyun and will never do something that will lose her trust!"
 
A small chuckle rang from the other line. His shoulders relaxed.
 
"I love you Seolhyun-ah." he said. "Let's meet properly tomorrow night."
 
"Mmm." she muttered sweetly.
 

A/N: It's an emergency! It's been years since I've seriously read books for leisure that I feel like I lost all my vocabulary. I never thought that could happen to me. All the maths I've solved probably threw my English out of my brain. I hate this. My English really atm. ughhhhhh. 
 
Anyway, comment maybe?
 
Please just don't plagiarize people's hardwork.
jj Copyright 2015