Chapter 3

The Un-sasaeng-ing of Jeon Minju

A/N: *90 degree bow* I am so sorry!


"Yes, eomma. A few more days and we're done with promotions. Yes, we're doing the good-bye stages this week. Are you sure they're doing fine there?" Kai mumbled to the phone. "I'll drop by as soon as we're free. Yes, enjoy!" He chuckled and ended the call.
 
Baekhyun and Chen sneaked behind Kai and wrapped their arms on his shoulders. 
 
"Who?" Baekhyun said.
 
"Ey, it's just my mom." he dismissed.
 
"Really, really?" Chen added.
 
Kai laughed, "You know, hyung... that."
 
"Yah, don't do that!" somebody slapped Baekhyun's arm. D.O glared at Chen. "It's Kai's new house!"
 
"Woahhh! Really?" The two exclaimed.
 
"As expected of our Kai! He gets richer and richer everyday!" Chen patted Kai's back.
 
"At this rate, he's gonna be CF king soon." Baekhyun gave a thumbs-up at their main dancer.
 
"Ey hyung! It's just down payment!" Kai brushed them off and walked to the elevator. "Hurry up, hyungs!"
 
The other members followed, busy with their own small talks.
 
Kai put his arm on D.O as the other duo chattered. 
 
"Kai-yah, aren't your parents out for that Jeju Island trip, so... when's our house warming party then?" Chanyeol beamed.
 
"No!" he crossed his arms. "Those girls will find out if you all go. I'll send you pictures. And mum and dad will be going on a lovey-trip. They want me to go to take care of Jjanggu & Monggu. KyungSoo hyung could come though. He needs to cook me good meals!" his cheeks were pink as he thought of the warm meal.
 
"Pssh. I bet he'd invite Taemin as well." Chen chimed.
 
Baekhyun nodded, "and Ravi too. I feel so betrayed right now." 
 
The M members went ahead and went out the SM building as the K members followed.
 
Kai walked beside D.O and sent a small bow after coming out the doors and then looked at the ground, trying to stop himself from sending glares at the sasaengs.
 
"YAH!" among the sea of cheers and 'oppas', a scream stood out. And then a thud.
 
Next thing he knew, he was staring at the blue sky, something heavy on top of him.
 
"YAH! YAHHHH! JEON MINJU, YOU WENCH!" a student from a school he didn't recognize rushed to his feet, looking at something beside him. He heard the snapping and clicking of phones and cameras as he tried to get up. On his legs was a girl he didn't notice at first. She was sprawled, her blond hair a mess, and was wearing the same uniform as the other one. And her hands... on... his crotch?
 
He jolted and crept away before D.O and Suho pulled him up.
 
The manager yelled and ordered them to board the van quickly. He took a small glance back to the two girls fighting as the other fans screamed "ert! ert!"
 
Sasaeng fans are so weird. They do all sorts of things indeed.
 

Minju slipped in the house in gloom and tire that night, only to be greeted by the fuming face of her mother whose foot tapped their vinyl floor trying to hold her anger.
 
"JEON MINJU, YOU! WHERE DID YOU GO THIS TIME, HUH? I CALLED YOUR NIGHTSCHOOL AND KNOW WHAT THEY SAID?" Her mom, with pink curlers on her hair, darted towards her and god knows what hell she could do. Minju ducked past her and ran to her room only to be greeted by her father who was a little bit more lenient but was as scared as her every time his wife is mad. He had a disappointed face as he stood near her door.
 
"JEON MINJU!" she heard her mom coming and just gave up beside her dad.
 
"WHERE DID YOU GO? I FOUND OUT YOU'RE SKIPPING NIGHT SCHOOL FOR A MONTH NOW. YAHHHH!" Her mom picked her ear and dragged her to the small yet warm living room.
 
Minju remained silent but glared when her mom hit her head.
 
"WHAT? ARE YOU GOING TO FIGHT BACK? THIS GIRL! DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT THE MONEY WE SPEND ON YOU? DO YOU EVEN HAVE A TINY BIT OF GRATEFULNESS FOR YOUR DAD WHO WORKS DAY AND NIGHT?"
 
Minju shrugged and leaned on the teal sofa, a scowl forming on her face as she expected a two-hour long sermon coming.
 
"YOU WENT TO THAT POSTER BOY DIDN'T YOU? DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE? I TOLD YOU TO STOP HANGING AROUND THOSE BAD INFLUENCES!"
 
"OPPA IS NOT A BAD INFLUENCE!" She screamed, balling her fists and staring straight at her mother's eyes.
 
"Jeon Minju!" Her dad stood near her mom, a stern voice warning her.
 
"YOU TOO DAD! YOU ALL THINK THEY'RE BAD! THEY'RE HARDWORKING PEOPLE!" She bit her lip.
 
"AND SO? WHAT? YOU'RE GONNA LIVE YOUR LIFE STARING AT THOSE POSTERS? ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL BURN THOSE GARABAGE YOU DISRESPECTFUL CHILD!"
 
Minju's tears fell as she stood. "No. I don't want to go to school. I'm going to marry that oppa. I'm going to be Mrs. Kim!" She stomped her foot.
 
Before her mom could even raise her hand, a loud smack was heard. Her dad has slapped her cheek for the very first time.
 
Holding her stinging cheek, she kept her gaze down the floor. Amid her parents' heavy breathing, she tried to contain her whimpers but fails anyway. Minju stomped past them and ran to the door.
 
"YAH! JEON MINJU WHERE ARE YOU GOING? YOU HAVE TO WALK THE NEIGHBOR'S DOGS TONIGHT! YAHHHH!"
 
Her mother's voice faded as she shut the door swiftly. To her right, two dogs tied on the neighbor's door wagged their tails at her.
 
"Look at you guys, having no care in the world." She sighed. "I have no time for you," Minju removed their leash and shooed them away, "go, go..." The two dogs paused to look at her before playing tag across the empty walkway. What kind of owners would leave their pets to total strangers, she thought.
 

It was one in the morning but fans were still camping out infront of iKON's dorm.
 
Minju shook her head and went next to the YG building. The street was cold and bare except for the half awake girls staying at the convenience store across the building.
 
"Hanbin-oppa and Bobby-oppa haven't left yet." She heard them whisper. Their cameras were on stand by, ready to snap at any kind of movement from the well known entertainment company.
 
The light on iKON's own practice room in the building was lit. She thought for a second, shrugged and left.
 
One of the things only Minju knew about Kim Hanbin is that despite having achieved the dream of working in the YG artists' building, he in fact felt more at ease in the trainee building. With all the fame, praises, and pressure on his shoulders, Hanbin was able to keep himself on check by hanging around their old training room. The best songs he has ever made after debut were actually written in that trainee practice room as he reminisced the sleepless nights and the smell of sweat and hard work.
 
"I found you." Her cheery voice echoed through out the dimly lit room, startling the young leader from his seat.
 
Minju poked her head at the door as Hanbin perked up, his dropping eyes widening at the sight of her. "Yah, Jeon Minju. What are you doing here?" He rose from his seat, putting his notebook aside. "Did you crawl around again?" He exclaimed as he opened the door wide for her.
 
A playful grin graced her face as she vigorously nod, the tear tracks from awhile ago invisible in the dark. She tiptoed to the leather bench near the wall, watching Hanbin sit and shuffle the papers infront of the computer.
 
He spun his chair and looked at her, "But this is not right. Why are you here this late?"
 
She pursed her lips and flashed back her fight with her parents. "Just because..." She patted her puffy cheeks and sent a smile back.
 
"You must've fallen for me so hard." He chuckled and faced back to the monitor. "Ah, what do we do? You punk. You purposely missed the last bus didn't you?"
 
Minju just giggled, crossing her legs up the bench and leaning her head on the wall. "Don't mind me oppa. I'll just stay here and watch you do awesome music."
 
"Sure? Fine, almighty BI gives you permission for tonight!" He grinned as he wrote a few more lyrics.
 
Their few minutes of silence was broken by a call for Hanbin.
 
Minju mightn't have noticed but there was a change in mood when he saw his phone ringing. He mumbled his greetings and gave short replies, "I might spend the night here. Hmm. You don't need to come, just rest." He nodded and spun his chair, facing his back at Minju. "Hmm. Bye, I'll call you later."
 
Minju hesitated but still asked, "W-who? Bobby? Scary Manager?" She crooned her head on the wall, her hidden aegyo naturally flowing out.
 
"Eyy, don't mind. Don't mind." He waved his hand and picked his notebook back.
 
Spending time like this was rare for Minju. Hanbin would usually send her back to the station and plead her to go home early instead.
 
This time, she never left her gaze on him. She knew she was branded as a crazy creep but she just didn't care anymore. Kim Hanbin is fine with her hanging around and she's just grabbing the rare opportunity that maybe, just maybe, she has a chance; she maybe a glutton, a slacker, and not so bright but she has always hoped that her effort and support for him would touch him in some way.
 
"But Minju-yah, do you really like me so much?" He shook his head, spinning his chair again to face her completely. 
 
She hastily nodded.
 
"How so?" He leans on his knees and waits for her reply. "When?"
 
Minju, embarrassed, looked to the floor and squeezed her fingers. "I-I was m-moved." She chuckled nervously. "You know... with all the things you've done. I just can't believe there's a person who exists that can sacrifice so much and dedicate his whole life for.. this..." She relaxed her shoulders. "I was moved."
 
Hanbin was listening intently but he avoided Minju's eyes. He fell silent for a few seconds before grabbing his pen and notebook and scooting beside Minju. He laughed warmly, "Ah, I'm lucky I did that TV show. You'll be surprised to know that there are many people who work harder than I do."
 
"I'm grateful too, I think I've told you many times before." He continued. "But I always wondered. You have me for yourself from time to time but why don't you take any pictures. Yah, I saw your selca with JinHwan-hyung!" he pouted.
 
Minju turned and giggled at him. "It's just not my style. You know, I like to remember things from here." She pointed her head. "Let's say it's your concert. I'd be that fan never leaving my eyes on stage instead of filming the whole performance."
 
"Ah. As expected of my no.1 fan!" Hanbin clapped and patted her head which warmed the aching heart of Minju that night. What would she not give to stay at that moment?
 
But like a Cinderella with the clock striking twelve, a loud click from the door shattered her fantasies and brought her back to the present. Hanbin jolted and looked panicked for some reason. "Minju-yah, stay here okay? Don't go out."
 

"SeolHyun-ah!" Hanbin grabbed the fleeting petite woman, earning a loud slap once she spun around.
 
She was standing with her fists curled, still looking beautiful with her skinny jeans and big caramel cardigan. "What? You said you were spending the night working, instead I see you flirting with some unknown girl you picked from the street!"
 
He moved closer, holding her shoulders. "Minju is a friend, SeolHyun-ah! A fan that is also a friend!" He insisted.
 
Her eyes widened in disbelief, throwing his arms away from her, "Did you just defend her in front of me?" She scoffed, her hair falling in disarray. "Kim Hanbin I'm your girlfriend!" She closed her eyes and pursed her lips, trying to control her tears. "Oh god, what is this? I can't believe I'd be put into a position where I need to question where I am in your life!"
 
"SeolHyun-ah! Don't be like this!" Hanbin cried.
 
"Kim Hanbin, I gave you a chance! You told me loads of sincere words but why are you being like this?" She placed a hand on her hip. "Is she the reason you're being cold lately? Who? Is she some special goddess? Does she like rap so much unlike me? You guys must be enjoying each other huh."
 
"It's not like that SeolHyun-ah. I only have you!" Hanbin scowled and tried to come close but SeolHyun stepped back. "Please, SeolHyu--
 
A black Chevrolet van pulled infront of the YG training building, cutting the fight. "Hanbin-ah, I was going to check on you..." iKON's manager looked at him to SeolHyun and shrugged, "I'll wait for you inside."
 
Hanbin jerked his head back to his manager's direction. Minju's in the studio! "H-hyung!" he called out but too late to be heard. He instinctively turned and was about to go inside when SeolHyun grabbed his sweater from behind.
 
"Yah! Kim Hanbin," her face wrinkled in frustration. "Where are you going?!"
 
"Uh, I'm sorry but..." he looked back and forth, "Hyung wouldn't like seeing Minju there. I have to..."
 
"IF YOU LEAVE WE'RE OVER!" she growled. "CHOOSE! ME OR THAT !"
 
Hanbin froze, "SeolHyun-ah, I'm sorry. Don't be like this... I have to go. I'll call you." He softly pushed her hand away and ran back inside.
 
He pressed the elevator button again and again until the doors opened. The door to the practice room seemed to have been left open. "Hyung!" Hanbin yelled.
 
There stood his manager, huge, furious and mean. Infront of him, Minju was motionless, her hand caressing her cheek and her golden brown hair in a state of disarray.
 
"HEY! GET OUT! GET OUT OR I'M REALLY CALLING THE POLICE!" His manager pushed Minju around as she stumbled towards the door.
 
"HYUNG!" Hanbin grabbed Minju and stood infront of her. "It's my fault! Hyung don't hurt her. I'll send her out."
 
His hyung was mad. Really mad this time. "Hanbin you stay here. You stay! Tell that kid to leave or I'm throwing her out myself!"
 

A/N: I am just so, so, so sorry! Really! My laptop broke around the time I updated chapter 2. And I can't afford a replacement atm so I was typing on my smartphone (which is so ing hard for long text) and borrowing my bruh's PC at times. *sigh* I just hope I can type some more for the next chapter.

ALSO, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING AND THE COMMENTS! YOU KEEP ME GOING I SWEAR! *hearteu* 

So, tell me what you think!

Please just don't plagiarize people's hardwork.
jj Copyright 2015