Love Like Yesterday

Love Like Yesterday

Wendy, whose arms were wrapped around Irene, isn't aware of anything. She caressed her hair to let her feel the comfort, but the girl suddenly unlocked her arms.

 

"Let's go back to class", she said as she wiped her tears from her fluffy cheeks and then walked first to school.

 

 

Wendy and Joy didn’t bother to ask anything rather they just followed her.

 

 

"I don’t understand that girl", Joy mumbled.

 

"Yeah-- as much as I don’t understand you", Wendy respond as she ran to her class.

 

 

Wendy saw Irene went straight to her seat at the back. Without hesitation, she went to her...

 

 

"Are you not going to sit infront of me?"

 

"About that, I heard you don’t like someone sitting infront of you. I'll just stay here", Irene said with her soft voice.

 

"Wendy, she's not in a good mood. Don’t nag at her.", Wendy thought as she went back to her seat as soon as their teacher arrived.

 

Irene cannot focus in class because she kept on thinking about her. It's been years since the last time she saw the young lady. She grew up prettily that it took her time to realize that it was Yeri.

 

 

-flashback-

 

 

"Bunny, you should come to our house today. Someone wants to meet you soooo bad", Seulgi beeped Irene.

 

"I wonder what she's talking about.", Irene said to herself as she rushed to the bathroom to take a bath.

 

Irene wore a white knitted top, black pants, a pair of black furry boots and a long brown coat since it was cold that day.

 

She pressed the door bell as soon as she arrived at Seulgi's. The maid opened the gate for her then went in. Seulgi opened the door even before she knocked.

 

"Come quick. It's too cold outside", Seulgi said.

 

Irene ran to Seulgi and gave her a warm hug.

 

"This will make you warm", Irene said as she tightened the lock of her arms around her bear.

 

"How I wish I could get a hug all day", Seulgi teased as Irene unwrapped her arms.

 

"What were you saying again?” bunny asked.

 

"Oh about that, she's in the multimedia room."

 

"Who's who?"

 

"You'll know later", Seulgi said as she dragged Irene to the kitchen.

 

"We'll cook something first. What do you want?", Seulgi asked as if she knows how to cook.

 

"Hmm... It's cold today. How about some porridge?” Irene suggested.

 

"About that... Let me call..."

 

"I thought you're going to cook?"

 

"You know I cannot bunny boo", Seulgi chuckled as she called for their food delivery.

 

As soon as their order arrived, the immediately went up to where the person Seulgi was talking about.

 

"You gotta love her!", Seulgi assured as she opened the door.

 

"Yeri? Yeri-ya? Let's eat!"

 

Yeri, Seulgi's lil sister, peaked from the sofa where she was sitting. She hid herself as soon as she saw Irene.

 

Irene smiled at Seulgi... "She's so cute!"

 

They placed the food on the table and went sit beside Yeri who was cuddling her favorite Hello Kitty pillow.

 

"Yeri ya, you said you want to meet her right? She's here now. Why are you acting so shy?", Seulgi teased.

 

"Im not shy", she answered.

 

"Then why are you covering your face?"

 

Irene patted Seulgi's shoulder signalling her to move aside. Seulgi stood to prepare for the food while Irene sat beside Yeri.

 

"Hi Yeri! I dont know Seulgi has a beautiful sister. Nice to meet you", she said as she reached her hand for a shake.

 

"Hi. My sister said lying is bad. Im not beautiful", Yeri bluntly said.

 

"Im not lying. Youre beautiful, seriously.... Ah! I know you’re hungry. What do want to eat?"

 

"Pizza."

 

"I'll get some for you."

 

Irene tried her best to get Yeri's feelings but at the end of the day she wasn’t able to.

 

 

It took her time to do so, until one time, Yeri got sick and their parents were out of the country. Seulgi called Irene to help her take care of her. Though they have their maid, Irene was the one cooking and feeding Yeri She was incharged of her med intake and all.

 

 

"Thank you for taking care of me...", Yeri whispered as Irene was preparing to go home. Seulgi heard and and gave Irene a thumbs up.

 

 

 

From that day on, they became closer. The three of them would go out, watch movie and go shopping during their free time. The very last time Irene talked to Yeri was when they planned to go up the mountain.

 

 

"Irene eonnie, take care when you climb. And take a photo of the mountain for me", Yeri requested as she hand a camera to Irene.

 

"I will Yeri. You should come next time."

 

"Uhh- Take care of Seulgi too."

 

"Huhh- Look at this kid. Why arent you calling me eonnie?"

 

"She's just a kid Seulgi. Well, we have to go Yeri. I'll see you when we get back.

 

Irene gave Yeri a warm hug before they left.

 

Then the accident happened. Irene didn’t see a glimpse of her and Seulgi anymore.

 

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

*bell rings*

 

 

Wendy went out first to wait for Irene at the doorsteps. She grabbed her hand as soon as she got out from the room. She dragged her along the hallway without even knowing where to go.

 

 

"Let go of me!", Irene said as she pulled her hand.

 

 

Wendy stopped. With a grumpy face, she looked at Irene.

 

 

"Okay. That's it! I’m trying to help here but if you’re going to act like that... I’m done!"

 

"You're not helping. Just leave me alone."

 

Irene ran and left Wendy without any further words.

 

"I thought we're okay. Now what?! I’m not at fault this time. She should be thankful Im being nice", Wendy mumbled.

 

 

She took her phone from her pocket and called Joy.

 

 

"Hey where are you?"

 

"I’m with someone. Just go home, don’t even try waiting for me."

 

"Who's that someone? Don’t tell me...."

 

"Yes I’m with her. You know she can’t go for a check up by herself. She called me so Im just trying to help."

 

"Okay. I didn’t know you'll be this consistent", Wendy chuckled.

 

"Cut it out Wendy!"

 

"Tell her the doctor won’t bite and that she'll be fine."

 

"Okay okay. I gotta go."

 

As soon as the call ended, Joy went to accompany her friend...

 

 

"Hey scared bear, Wendy called. And she wants me to tell you something."

 

"What?"

 

"She said, you'll be fine."

 

"That's it?"

 

"What? Are you expecting something else from her?"

 

"Is she not coming?"

 

"Why do you look for Wendy when I’m already here? I'm getting jealous, Kang Seulgi", Joy said as she turned her back to Seulgi.

 

 

Joy met Seulgi when they moved back to Korea after the accident. They became close until Joy realized that she likes her. She's been very vocal about her feelings but Seulgi doesn’t give in to her. It's not that she doesn’t like her, but she sees Joy as her special friend, somewhat special. Seulgi is currently studying at Seoul Arts University because it's the nearest school to their house. She wanted to study in Dongguk too because Joy kept on begging her but she just can’t. Her parents do not want her to stay away because of her condition.

 

 

After the accident she went through, Seulgi suffered from amnesia, retrograde amnesia to be exact. She lost all her memories but eventually recalled some with the help of her family.

 

 

Yes.

 

 

She forgot Irene.

 

 

No.

 

 

She can't remember Irene.

 

 

Her parents decided not to tell her anything about Irene. They even asked Yeri to keep everything as a secret.

 

 

"Ms. Kang Seulgi, it's your turn", the nurse said.

 

Seulgi grabbed Joy's hand and dragged her into the room.

 

 

"Oh hello there Seulgi", the doctor said. "When will you stop dragging your friend over here? Are you still scared?"

 

"I'll get used to it, doctor."

 

"You've said that hundred times already Seulgi. Just admit it. You like me and you want me too..."

 

 

Joy stopped when Seulgi hit her with her right elbow.

 

 

"Awww!", the younger one blurted.

 

"Okay. You go and change now so you can take the test and get out of here", the doctor teased.

 

 

Seulgi rushed to change into the hospital's wardrobe, laid down on a bed like platform, until the machine slowly moved her inside a cubicle. The test didn’t last for 5 minutes. It was only a matter of bluish white light slowly scanning Seulgi's upper body back and forth especially her head.

 

 

"You went through this a lot of times and until now I still can’t figure out why you're scared."

 

"I am not scared of the test Joy... I am scared of what will come our", Seulgi whispered.

 

 

Joy didn't say anything. Her heart is weak for weak Seulgi. She looks tough but she's fragile.

 

 

"I only see great progress. There's nothing wrong with you Seulgi. With regards to the headaches that you constantly feel, it's normal since you started remembering some of your memories", the doctor explained.

 

"I'd choose not to recall anything. The headaches will kill me even before I do remember something", Seulgi said to Joy with a soft voice as tried not to be heard by her doctor.

 

"You might regret what you said Seulgi."

 

 

The girls were surprised.

 

 

"Did I say it too loud?", Seulgi whispered.

 

"Yes it's loud that I can still hear you. Don’t even try whispering when you’re in my clinic."

 

Joy giggled.

 

"Your mom told me that everytime you remember something, you lock yourself in your room. Can you refrain from doing that?" the doctor further said.

 

"Uh? Y-yes"

 

"That's the very moment you need people around you. I know there are things from your past that made you happy atleast. Try remembering them. But you must first endure the pain."

 

 

Seulgi nodded as she realized what her doctor said.

 

 

"Okay then. I'll see you next month for your check up."

 

"Thank you for today doc. We'll get going."

 

The girls walked out from the hospital....

 

"Waaah~ Your doctor isn't a joke. I got chills", Joy joked.

 

 

"I know~~"

 

 

* phone rings *

 

 

"It's Wendy", Joy said.

 

"Hey! I told you not to wai----- You're following who? .... Did you become a stalker now? ..... Okay. We're coming."

 

"What's wrong?", Seulgi asked.

 

"Wendy needs some help."

 

"Help? Why? Is there something wrong?"

 

"Hm-- okay we have this friend...... Wait. Is she even my friend?"

 

"Who? What?"

 

"There's this transferee in Wendy's class and she's getting into my nerves. I don't understand her."

 

"Where's she from?"

 

"Busan?... Ah! No. I think she's from Daegu. Yeah she's from Daegu. I don't know why she came here and ....."

 

 

Seulgi seemed not to hear what Joy was saying because of what she heard.

 

Daegu...

 

Daegu.....

 

Daegu..........

 

 

She suddenly felt uneasy. She felt her head being struck by severe pain, again.

 

 

"Aaah!", she groaned in pain as she caressed her head.

 

"Yaah! Are.. Are you okay?", Joy asked in worry.

 

 

Blurry images flashed in her mind as she continuously groaned in pain. She saw someone but unsure who it was. She heard someone calling her...

 

 

"Seulgi ya~~~ Bear. Kang Seulbear~~"

 

 

Seulgi squealed in pain.

 

 

-end of chapter 4-

 

 

Sorry, it took me a long time to update. But yes here it is... I do hope you guys will continue reading LLY. Thank you! This is purpledeity~ Annyeong 😉