Love Like Yesterday

Love Like Yesterday

"I just need to say sorry for what I did and that's it", Wendy thought as she was on her way to school with Joy.

 

 

"Fine Wendy! I won’t force you to tell anything because I know you won’t! Hmm.. Y'know, I have my own ways...", Joy complained.

 

 

Both were approaching the school, Joy tried to look for someone whom she can ask about what happened but she can’t find any. They were already in the campus but Joy is still following Wendy.

 

 

"Why are you still here? It's almost time. Go to your class Joy!"

 

 

"No. I’m going to find a way to---",

 

 

She stopped talking to Wendy when she saw someone..

 

 

"Hey! You're Wendy's classmate right? Do you know what---"

 

 

Wendy interrupted as she pushed Joy away from her classmate.

 

 

"Don’t even bother Joy. It's no use. Go to your class."

 

 

 

-bell rings-

 

 

 

"Damn it Wendy! You’re always saved by the bell!"

 

 

Joy ran as fast as she can, catching up her class.

 

 

Wendy entered her classroom and saw no one in front of her seat. It's the usual though but she felt different at that moment. She was used to it but today she asked herself...

 

 

"Why isn’t she there?"

 

 

She looked around to find Irene but she failed. Wendy sat down, looked at the door side and there, she saw what she was looking for. Irene was standing there like she was having second thoughts of entering the room. She took timid steps with her head down. Wendy was looking at her the whole time, waiting for Irene to sit in front of her but she walked straight, passed Wendy and sat at the back. Wendy turned to look at Irene, but the girl at the back was obviously avoiding her gaze. Wendy felt more guilty of what she did to her and she became more puzzled of how she will explain herself.

 

 

Their teacher came in and the first thing she noticed was Irene... "Oh! Why did you change your seat, Irene?"

 

 

Irene, who seemed like she's out of herself, was flustered by the question...

 

 

"I-- I think... I feel better here.. Ma'am", she stuttered.

 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

 

"Y- yes Ma'am."

 

 

The class went on as it should be. The only difference is that Wendy was taking a glimpse at the back every now and then but Irene was persistent of avoiding her look. Wendy is not aware that Irene is also looking at her when she turns her back again and focus in class. It is like a "catch my gaze" game between the two. It went that way for the whole time until the class ended. Wendy went out and waited for Irene but as Irene came out she walked towards the opposite direction where Wendy was.

 

 

Wendy saw her walk away and she immediately said, "Im not going to do this!"

 

 

She was short-tempered in a moment and was about to abort her plan but then her guilt is still bothering her. She can’t get rid of it that as if she killed someone.

 

 

Wendy took a deep breath and she decided to look for her. She went on to where Irene went and she saw her head to the library. She ran to catch her up.

 

 

Irene was about to open the library door when suddenly someone grabbed her hand and pulled her away. They were running fast. Irene tried to stop but she cant. The person was just too strong for her. Irene was already catching her breath when they stop in the middle of the campus park. Irene breathing heavily as she looked at the person...

 

 

The person turned around and said...

 

 

"I’m sorry I have to do drag you all the way here. I just want to talk to you."

 

 

"You- you should’ve told me", Irene said as she still tried to catch her breath.

 

 

"Well, I need to hide from Wendy. I might get caught talking to you."

 

 

It was Joy who dragged Irene.

 

 

"Why do you need to hide from her?"

 

 

"She might get mad.. Okay, I’m going to do this quick", Joy said in a hurry.

 

 

"What? What are you talking about?", asked puzzled Irene.

 

 

"Wendy seemed not to be fine since yesterday. Do you know what happened to her? Or... is there something with you two?", Joy frankly asked.

 

 

Irene became quiet, thought of what she have to say. With a blank face she looked at Joy.

 

 

"Irene what?"

 

 

"I- I don’t know.."

 

 

"How come you don’t know? Aah-- I know. You’re just a transferee. How would you know anyway.", Joy arrogantly said.

 

 

"Joy!", someone shouted from a far .

 

 

Joy sighed knowing who it was...

 

 

"Why does she keep on popping out?," Joy whispered.

 

 

"Joy, can you please stay away? I need to talk to her."

 

 

"What?! But we're not yet finished---"

 

 

"Please Joy. It'll just take a minute or two", Wendy pleaded.

 

 

Joy didn’t bother to nag at Wendy because she looked serious  This made Joy move away from them.

 

 

Slow Irene who was silent the whole time tried to walk away but fast Wendy grabbed her hand.

 

 

"I’m sorry... I’m sorry for how I acted yesterday."

 

 

Wendy let go of Irene's hand as soon as she said it. Irene turned and looked at her.

 

 

"I should be the one saying sorry. I wasn’t in the right place to step on your business. I understand why you acted like that."

 

 

"It was nothing. I overreacted."

 

 

Irene didn’t say anything. They were facing each other but both looking down. There was complete silence.

 

 

"Are you guys going to talk about something or what!?", Joy shouted.

 

 

Wendy and Irene looked at her and they were smiling.

 

 

"So are we okay now?", Wendy asked.

 

 

Irene nodded with a smile.

 

 

Wendy stretched her hand as she formally introduced herself... "Hi I'm Wendy. I hope it's not yet late for this."

 

 

Irene shook Wendy's hand and also introduced herself.

 

 

"What's with you two? Yesterday you were so awkward but look you now. Can someone tell me what happened?", Joy complained.

 

 

"It's all in the past now Joy and as I said you don't need to know about anything. Besides it wasn’t a big deal", Wendy explained as she tried to console Joy.

 

 

"How come it's not a big de---"

 

 

Joy stopped when Irene suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her.

 

 

"Ya! Where are we going!?"

 

 

Irene didn’t speak anything and kept on dragging Joy.

 

 

"Hey Irene! Joy! Where are you--", Wendy was supposed to ask but she ended up following them.

 

 

Irene continued to lead the way outside the school. Wendy was following along.

 

 

"Irene. Are you perhaps taking revenge for what I did awhile back?!", Joy asked.

 

 

"No. I’m not"

 

 

They stopped as they reached a cafe near the campus.

 

 

"I'm hungry", Irene said in her aegyo.

 

 

"What!? That's it?! You dragged me all the way out from school just to tell me you're hungry!?", angry Joy asked.

 

 

"You don’t have the right to complain Joy. You dragged her all the way to the park. And I think you're even now.", Wendy chuckled.

 

 

Irene went in the cafe to buy something to eat. Both followed along, sat near the glass window as soon as they got their orders. Irene ordered two slices of carrot cake while the two ordered a drink of their own. They were watching Irene as she ate her cake.

 

 

"You’re such a major turn off Irene. Did you even try looking at yourself while eating? No wonder you got all those fats.", Joy teased.

 

 

Irene finished the first slice when she answered back.

 

 

"Look at you who's telling me about fats.."

 

 

Wendy nearly spit her drink when she heard Irene. She laughed.

 

 

"What are you laughing at?", Joy asked as she stepped in Wendy's foot.

 

 

"Aaahh!! What's wrong with you?!", Wendy yelled as she caressed her foot. Joy didn’t bother.

 

 

"Hey Irene. You better finish that cake or we'll be late in class.", Joy nagged.

 

 

 

Irene finished the second slice the fastest way she can. They took their drinks and went out of the cafe. Irene stopped as she tried to calm her tummy. When everything was fine, she walked faster to catch Joy and Wendy. She took a sip from her drink and unintentionally looked at the other side of the street. She saw someone... someone who seemed to be familiar. She tried to remember but her identity isn’t registering in her mind. Irene stopped to recall who she was. It took her time to do so...

 

 

"Irene!!"

 

She heard Wendy calling her but she cant process anything because she badly wanted to remember who that person was. Irene looked to where she saw the person but she saw no one. She was about to cross the street and almost hit by a car. Thanks to Wendy who managed to pull her to the side walk.

 

 

"What the hell are you doing?!"

 

 

Irene was dumbfounded and didn’t say anything. She seemed like she's out of herself again. Wendy grabbed her shoulder, shook her gently, tried to calm her down and asked...

 

 

"Hey, is there something wrong?"

 

 

She got no response from her. Wendy's hand ran down from Irene's shoulders to her hands. She was holding them tight. Irene felt secured. Wendy pulled Irene and wrapped her around her arms.

 

 

"I don’t know what's wrong, but you'll be fine", Wendy whispered.

 

 

"Yeri~~~"

 

 

The only thing Wendy heard from Irene....

 

 

 

 

 

 

-END OF CHAPTER 3-

 

 

 

 

OMG. So who is Yeri in Irene's life? What's her role? I, myself, don’t know! Hehehe. I am certainly adding characters every chapter but I hope I wont add too much. Thank you for reading. So how's the story? So far so.. not good eh? But thank you guys for still giving time read Love Like Yesterday. Until the next chapters~ This is purpledeity. Annyeong!~~~ 😉