Love Like Yesterday

Love Like Yesterday

Irene is considered as the brightest student in Daegu, not just because she is an ulzzang but she won various awards in and out of her school. Irene became the happiest person when her mom finally approved her request to transfer to Dongguk University. It was her dream university ever since. If it wasn’t for and because of someone, she would’ve not aimed to study in that prestigious school. Someone special gave her every dream that she has right now. She was her inspiration. No. She was her first love.

 

Seulgi, who has a round and fluffy face, chinky lil eyes and straight black hair was Irene's first love. She wasn’t supposed to be in Daegu. She thought it would just be a family vacation but she didn’t expect to like Daegu that much. It is such a beautiful place plus she met Irene. So their family decided to live there when she said she wanted to stay. Since then, they started communicating to each other. She called her bunny and Irene called her bear. They were so sweet. They did things together and even dreamed dreams together. They both promised that they will study in the same school and also if possible work in the same company. It came to the point that they fell in love with each other and even wished to have their own family. They planned their future with a clean slate. They promised to do everything they could just to fulfill all of these. It was perfect. They were so young but already lost in love.

 

Everything was so fine when suddenly, in just a blink of an eye, all of these, all their dreams, plans together and promises for each other need to come to an end. It was because of an accident, an accident that both of them got involved into. It was an accident which Irene blamed herself for.

 

/flashback/

 

One day, bunny insisted to go mountain climbing but the bear is too lazy to go out.

 

"We are not going too far. I just want to go up and see the whole Daegu."

 

"Bunny, you were born here but you haven’t done that?" said the bear as she yawns.

 

"Of course I have. But... but I want to go up there with you." as she shyly looked away from bear.

 

The bear cannot contain her happiness when she heard that from Irene. She cannot do anything but to give in to her bunny's plea.

 

"We won’t stay there for too long right?" asked the bear.

 

"No. We'll go home before the sun sets.", Irene answered as she packed her things.

 

The bunny is so happy that she started leaping when they started going up the mountain. The bear is just following her from behind with a smile. The mountain is a bit steep but thanks to the pavements made by other mountaineers, they were able to make it on top.

 

The mountain top is filled with colorful flowers overlooking the beautiful blue ocean. The bear immediately laid down her tired body on the grass. To her surprise, bunny went on top of her jailing the tired and astonished bear between her arms.

 

"Kang Seulgi!"

 

The bear was shocked because it's her first time to hear Irene call her with her full name.

 

"W-what?"

 

Irene didnt answer instead, she slowly moved her face towards her.

 

"W-what are you doing??", asked the confused bear.

 

The bunny is getting nearer and nearer to the bear's blushing face. Irene kissed her forehead, then she kissed her nose... She was about to kiss Seulgi's lips but she felt her heart beating so fast that she lost the courage to do it. Instead she smiled, got off the frozen bear and set her body next to her. There was silence, both looking at the cloudy sky. All they can hear was the wind blowing all the beautiful flowers around them. Until Irene got her guts back...

 

"Seulgi..."

 

"Uhh?"

 

With a soft voice, Irene said what she really wanted to say, "Thank you..."

 

"For what?"

 

"For this moment? For all the days we've been together? For granting my wishes? For having you in my life? *sigh*"

 

"Bunny what are u saying?? Is something wrong?"

 

"Nothing... I just feel like thanking you for every little thing that you're doing for me. I realized I haven’t done it before."

 

Seulgi held Irene's hand, "I am more thankful for having you in my life Irene."

 

She looked at her and Irene looked back. They were both smiling but there were no words coming out. With just a glance from their eyes they knew that they have that mutual feeling, love. No more, no less. Their eyes met and so thus their hearts. They wanted to stay like that for a lil longer but it seems like the weather is suddenly changing. They felt like the wind is getting stronger and the clouds are slowly stealing the sunlight.

 

"Irene we have to go down. It seems like the rain will fall in a bit."

 

As soon as Irene agreed to what Seulgi said, she then grabbed her hand and they both walk down the mountain. They were halfway down the mountain when the rain started to fall.

 

"Irene! Hurry! We are almost there. We might get soaked if we don’t move fast.", Seulgi said as she looked at Irene who was at her back.

 

With a troubled face Irene answered, "We can’t make it. Let's find some place to stay and wait for the rain to stop."

 

"Irene it's getting dark. Here! Take my jacket and cover your head. I'll lead the way. Just don’t stay away from me okay!?"

 

"O- okay"

 

Of course Irene needs to follow her. Seulgi knows the way because she's the bear. Though she knows it too, Irene is just a coward bunny who's scared about everything that is happening at that moment. The rain is pouring so hard and it's starting to get cold.  Fog started to dominate the forest and Irene is getting more scared. Way down is getting more and more slippery. Seulgi saw the way out. She was in a hurry to get them out of that forest that she ran as she pulled Irene. She didn’t care about how soaked she was as long as they could go home before the dark creeps them out.  She was totally in a hurry that she didn’t realize she was not holding Irene's hand anymore and that was out of her sight. Seulgi panicked. She shouted Irene's name but she cant hear an answer. She decided to go back and find her but she accidentally tripped into a tree's roots. She strucked to the ground as she rolled down. She thought it was endless until she bumped her head into a rock. Seulgi was left unconscious and blood started running down her head. Irene didn’t know what happened. She was so worried and scared at the same time. It took her sometime to look for Seulgi when the rain stopped. It was very dark then, when she saw her bear on the ground with a stain of blood on her face. She rushed down and tried her best to wake her up but she's totally unconscious.

 

"Seulgi! Seulgi wake up!"

 

Irene didn’t know what to do. She kept on crying as she wiped Seulgi's face. She tried her best to call for help since they were almost down the mountain. On top of her voice, with tears in her eyes, with wet and tired body she cried for help. Not long enough someone who lives near the mountain saw them. They immediately went to the hospital.

 

Irene called her mom and also she called Seulgi's parents. She was trembling because she was cold. Her body is too weak now because of what happened. While waiting for the doctor outside the emergency room, she didn’t notice she's falling asleep as she was cuddling herself. Irene is sick because they got soaked in the rain.

 

When she opened her eyes, she was already in a white and warm room, laying on a cozy bed. She looked around but she saw no one. She was about to get up when she heard the door opened. It was her mom. She rushed to hug her daughter and ask her if she's alright.

 

"Mom, I am fine. Where's Seulgi? How is she?"

 

Irene's mom took her eyes off her daughter as she tried to divert the topic to something else.

 

"You'll see her when you get out from here. You're still sick. Better get some rest and then we'll go and see your friend."

 

"Mom tell me she's fine. I want to see her."

 

The mother once again hugged her daughter but now it's longer and tighter than the first one.

 

"She's fine my dear. She's fine"

 

No matter how much her mother tell her that Seulgi's fine, Irene just can’t be calm. But she has to do what her mom said. She needs to get well if she wants to see Seulgi. The night went through as the bunny endured not seeing her bear.

 

The beams of the sun went through the window and struck Irene's beautiful face as she woke up from her bed. She looked for her mom but she wasn’t there. She only saw a letter on the table the she left saying... "Irene, I need to get something at home. I'll be back to pick you up. The doctor said you'll be discharged today. — Mom"

 

Irene smiled when she knew that she'll be discharged today.

 

"Seulgi!"

 

The first thing that came out from . She went out from her room and rushed to look for her. She peeked in every room near her but she didn’t she Seulgi and even her family. Irene thought of asking for assistance so she went the counters. To her surprise...

 

"Miss Kang was brought out from the hospital last night. Her family decided to transfer her to another hospital after the examination", said the nurse.

 

"W-where did they transfer her?? Is she ill?"

 

"I am sorry but we can’t give anymore details. The family asked us not to tell anyone about what happened to her.", the nurse added as she moved away from Irene.

 

"B- but..."

 

Irene, who was dumbfounded, was walking back to her room with a puzzled and a forlorn face. Her mom, who was looking for her, ran and hugged her tight.

 

"I was looking for you. Where have you been!?"

 

"Seulgi's gone mom. She's not here."

 

Her mom didn’t speak and just embraced her daughter. Tears ran down from Irene's face, whining like a baby. Until they reached their house, Irene wasn’t talking. Her mom asked her a lot of questions about what happened but she got nothing from her daughter. Her mom knew the reason why so she didn’t bother her daughter anymore. Irene sneaked out of the house when she felt that her mom was busy doing her work. With the strength that she recovered from the long night's rest, she ran as fast as she could to take the bus. Panting, she reached the gate of a beautiful house. She immediately pressed the door bell button. It's Seulgi's house. She went straight to check on Seulgi's condition. Irene, who was in a hurry, pressed the button once again. What's taking them so long to open the gate?? Until she heard someone opening it for her. The maid peeped from the inside to check who it was...

 

"I- Irene.... what are you doing here?", the maid asked as she fully opened the gate.

 

"Ahjumma. Is Seulgi in there? How is she?"

 

"I- Irene.. Miss Kang is not here." The maid cant look at Irene straight from her eyes.

 

"Where is she then?? I heard they transferred her to another hospital. Where is she?"

 

Frustrated to know the truth, Irene attempted to run inside but the maid stopped her.

 

"Seulgi!!! Seulgi!"

 

"Irene. Stop. She's not in there. It's no use!"

 

Irene pushed the maid and was able to go in when she heard....

 

"THEY’RE ON THEIR WAY TO SEOUL NOW! IRENE THEYRE GOING BACK TO SEOUL!", the maid shouted on top of her voice.

 

Irene stopped. Not just her body, but it seemed like her whole world stopped. She cant believe what she just heard.

 

"S-- Seoul? Wh- why is she going back to Seoul?"

 

"I don’t know. We don’t know what's happening too. We were shocked this early morning when Madam said they’ll be flying back to Seoul...."

 

Irene was just listening. No. She can’t even process the things she heard...

 

".. We were not able to see Miss Kang when they dropped by before they left. But we heard what happened and..."

 

The maid wasn’t able to finish what she's saying because Irene ran away with her hand covering her face as she cries.

 

She tried calling her but she didn’t get any response. It took her days, months and years to accept the fact that her first love is no longer with her. She realized that it's time to let go of the past, focus on the present and make new plans for her future.

 

 

/end of flashback/

 

-END OF CHAPTER ONE-

 

 

 

 

 

————

Tragic? Yes it is. And yes! This is only the first chapter. Hi! I am PurpleDeity and this is my first ever story. I am a newbie and I am not sure if you have encountered a story which is kinda parallel to mine. I am not even sure if people are willing to read this lame one. If you reached this part, I am very very thankful. I sincerely do. I am working hard on this one. Look forward to it. Until the next chapter... Annyeong!~ 😉