3/5

Punk Outs

“I shouldn’t be here” Kai slumped himself on the sofa

“This is your basement though” Luhan said smugly

“I hate that my parents love you more than me” annoyed Kai just decided to lay down on the sofa, propping his legs on the armrest

“How to die?” Sehun and Tao arrived slumping their hopeless selves on the remaining space of the couch

“Failing isn’t that bad Sehun, besides this is just what? our midterms?” Tao tried to console Sehun
“Yup.... says the one who aces every single freaking quiz in that course... just shut the hell up Tao!” Sehun is not amused

The members of The PunkOuts are all slowly arriving, looking faced and tired. Most of them took the floor, trying to lay down and steal a quick sleep. Luhan tried to literally do a head count.... and what do you know?

He is missing his two hyperactive band members.

“HEY KIDS! Does anyone know where on Earth Channie and Baekkie are?!” Heads all popped out shaking No.

Then all of them just went back to sleep. Luhan can’t do anything but sigh at the sight of hopeless college kids.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The PunkOuts is an accidental thing. To be very honest, it is just a onetime thing in the beginning. A school fare, teachers listing all the clubs to perform then BOOM! The PunkOuts.

Their history can be traced to Sehun’s parent’s garage one late afternoon when they have ran out of ideas on what to do for the year’s school fare. The music club that Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae are managing are short on members. It actually made them wonder how such a big school fall lacking on musical talents that year but anyway, their club adviser is pressuring them on doing something about their performance that they didn’t even signed up for. They can collaborate with the school’s chorale but the es of the said club blatantly said “We want to shine on our own this year Baek. Sorry” Like what kind of ‘shine’ do they want to have really?! As if they can do high notes without sopranos this year!

“How about we just sabotage the chorale and just pull a prank on them while they sing during the festival?!” All eyes were directed at the proprietrator  of the idea.

“What?! It’s not a good idea?” He even had the audacity to ask

Seeing that no one is on his side...

“Fine. Sorry guys.... it’s not that we have much time left until that Mrs. Im literally skin us alive for our alleged ‘lack of creativity’ “ Jongdae defended

“If, AND ONLY IF~...” Booming entrance? It must be Luhan!

“...I have the greatest solution to your pressing problem at the moment. Are you all willing to treat me out or something?!”

“Naaahh.... We’re too broke for that hyung! But it would be great if you help us and just regard it as your greatest sacrifice offered in behalf of your love for Sehun over here” Jongin pointed out at the now smiling Sehun.

Luhan calculated the odds for a minute..

“Fine...” He sat himself at the floor, joining the brainstorming session

“You can be a band idiots!” He smashed his bag unto the floor for emphasis.

“Like are you all even using your own brains?! Tao & Yixing can play bass; Sehun, Jongin & Junmyeon plays the guitar & not to mention that Chanyeol and Kris can play the drums! Hell! You can even have three vocalists if you want! And I volunteer myself & Xiuminnie as managers! Now go gather the instruments and practice!”

When nobody dared to move, Luhan gets up clapped his hands like Tim Gun on Project Runway  “NOW GO! Chop Chop!” He said.

And that my friends is how, uneventful and passive,  the band  has started.

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Kyungsoo? He should sub Jongdae now, his voice is starting to sound tired...” Baekhyun is making rounds on the wedding’s reception venue. And yes this is how they roll on gigs, they all play and sing in turns. Luhan’s idea. No one even dared to question but they get equal shares so whatever~! It doesn’t really matter.

By the end of their version of that Ed Sheeran song that all of us can sing even in our deep slumber, he hurriedly pulled up Kyungsoo whom he found beside the chocolate fountain living his childhood dream of infinitely eating a ton of chocolate dipped fruits.

Although grumpily, of course Kyungsoo is still the responsible and sensible person that he is. He started trotting towards the stage and began singing the intro for the father-daughter dance. And as per usual father-daughter dance, everyone are either cooing on how heartwarming the sight is or are crying their hearts out. Baekhyun just sits and stares at the most emptiest table at the corner trying to evaluate the scene that is unfolding in front of him.

“Now, look at that. Isn’t it a sight?” Chanyeol sat beside him marveling at the view

Baekhyun just sighed.

“What?” Chanyeol looks at him.

Baekhyun just smiled.

“Oh, I - I’m sorry Baek. I -I... I wasn’t thinking” He said
“It’s okay dumb  dumb.... It’s not even your fault...” He tried to hide it with a laugh
“If - If... uh... uhm... if in your wedding you want something like a father and son dance I am willing to lend my father to you!” he said hurriedly
“What?”
“I’m lending my father to you!” He said again
“Don’t be ridiculous!  You won’t...”
“I will!” Chanyeol said a bit loudly
“I mean he loves you more anyway~...” Chanyeol pouted

“You’re stupid!” Baekhyun chided

“But yeah, I’ll still lend my father to you!” And they both turn their attention again on the dance floor.

 

 

 

 

No one really got serious about ‘that-band-they-built-to-shut-Ms. Im”, well, at least not until they got a sea of screaming high school girls during their set on that school festival.

“KYUNGSOO SUNBAE YOU’RE HOTTTTT!!!” Someone shouted during the chorus of their first song

That made Jongdae chuckle quite loudly and Baekhyun look over at Kyungsoo wiggling his eyebrows and smirking mischievously earning a  stink eye from Kyungsoo which kind of signals a You better get prepared for your funeral later in more ways than one. Baekhyun just gulped at the thought while trying to act calm and waving energetically to their ‘fangirls’, if you can call them that.

They have performed a total of five songs that day, thinking that hormones was the sole perpetuator of their somehow famousness during the entire set. They never actually knew that they have a legion of girls who knew their names and are bold enough to shout the likes of ‘JONGIN OPPA MARRY ME’ and ‘TAO-SSI YOU KUNG FU STRAIGHT TO MY KOKORO!!!” while they are trying to concentrate on their performance to begin with.

They  were sending questioning glances towards their so-called ‘managers’ (Luhan and Minseok) who are standing at the side of the stage both of whom do not contribute any kind help at all. They are just literally standing there all smiles while occasionally doing the hwaiting hand gesture  towards them

“I swear to kill them after we got this over with” Sehun murmured quietly at one point.

 

 

 

“Do you want to ahhh...” Chanyeol was  still sitting beside him breaking the silence between them after that semi-awkward situation over Chanyeol lending his father to him for his wedding’s father-daughter dance.

“What?”

“I was wondering...” Chanyeol tried to start over again.

Jongdae, who has again taken over the mic from Kyungsoo, is singing about shaking your tail feathers while the guest are grooving on the dance floor. And quite surprisingly; Yixing, Suho, Kris, Minseok and Luhan, looking quite groovy as the other guests, are making their way to the floor.

“Chanyeol can you get straight to the point?"

“Do you perhaps want to dance? Like.......Would you want to dance with me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note [16-11-13]
Hi guys! I have uodated after 1 year and 8 months?Yep. That long. I am so sorry to keep you hanging again but this is all that I manage to hoard this past year and 8 months.
Let's see if I can finish this story before I rip my brains out, literally! XD

But I am writing a separate thing for the ending. I am crazy, I know...

See you all soon I hope!

I am disappearing again~!

Pyyyoonng~! 

-SS

P.S.
Correct me but I think KPop this year has been a bit "silent" I don't know. Maybe I just became a bit  busy *shrugs*
See you all soon!