1/5

Punk Outs

At 3am Baekhyun was lying on the floor , staring at some flags and buntings on his ceiling, which they have managed to snatch at a gig a month ago. Fairy lights hang all around while night projector lit up the room like a disco ball on steroids. Some ethereal music fills the background. The atmosphere gets even more soothing when the wind blew making the wind chimes ring. Breathing in, he can leave like this, he hopes. He can live like this. 

It was just over a month ago when he found himself almost demolishing his friend’s front door, protesting on how of a party pooper he was.

“YAH! We should go! Don’t just mope around! C’mon man! You’re better than this!” He shouted at the closed door
“Just go Baek... leave me... I need time”
“You’ve been locking yourself in for two weeks! Even Kyungsoo, who thinks you’re some kind of a leech, is worried about you and I think this is enough Dumbo! Now open the door!!!” He banged the door with his fist.

He did it so many times, his knuckles started to bleed but his friend still did not even budge.

“Just go away Baek. I promise I’m okay...” He said

“You’re not okay! This is not okay! Nothing about this looks okay to me! Please open this door! NOW!” He demanded.

He knows that he can be really stubborn sometimes but he needs help and Baekhyun wants to help him for once.

“I don’t need you ple---“ he didn’t even get to finish what he was about to say, when sobs escaped.

That’s it.

He snapped

He kicked the god-damned-son-of-a--door that separates him from his friend, thank God he did some Aikido way back, and there he saw with all his depressing glory, THE PARK CHANYEOL, drummer of The PunkOuts, crying like a whale wrapped within the comforts of his favorite unicorn printed blanket. Don’t get him started on how the giant manage to get to own that horrifying blanket. It was an epic tale and don’t be confused because on a regular day, he should be laughing right now because it is surely quite a funny sight to see; a grown-up man wrapped in a sky blue unicorn blanket, sobbing, complete with snot and tears and he looks so terrible, and sure ‘ugly’ is an understatement but then he is not as heartless today, isn’t he? Because this Dumbo of a friend was hurt and all the Dumbo did was to love.

He knows that sounds disgusting and cheesy but honestly, that’s all there is.

Chanyeol LOVED.

And now he is all these; A GIANT DUMBO MESS.

If you look back, (Warning: Your vomit reflexes might work along the way) this tall- Dumbo was just a normal twenty-something that had just fell. He fell so hard, he did everything to make his girl happy. Every. Single. Freaking. Time.

They go on dates two times a week. He tows her during their gigs, he even dedicates songs for her all the time, and because of that, Kyungsoo literally threw up one time. He did! Oh my God! Don’t get him started when he thinks that the song was really really really REALLY super greasy, it but it worked any way because who wouldn’t want to hear that super bass tone voice singing nice ballads? He and Kyungsoo even thought of leaving as secondary and main vocals during the song’s bridge but after Chanyeol cracked on the chorus, naaaahhh... they should stay. The PunkOuts still needed them nonetheless. But that’s not a part of the Chanyeol’s sinking love story.

So going back...

There was even that time when they got dragged out of their peaceful Wednesday day-off for a very romantic monthsary surprise for that girl -  Chanyeol was stupid enough to celebrate those things. Who counts monthsaries?  Anniversaries are okay but weeks and months don’t matter. At least according to Baekhyun’s ‘Loosing World Theory’.

On their first year anniversary together, it was nothing but mandatory that The PunkOuts played every single love song that Chanyeol can think of during Chanyeol’s personally-organized dinner. It was quite sappy but who cares? The giant was in love and he has never seen him this enthusiastic and happy (not even when Chanyeol’s dad gave Chanyeol his first Drum Set.)

He was super happy for the guy, sure, he never get to talk to the giant for as long as he wants anymore but you know friends, right? As long as the man was happy, he’s happy. That’s all that matters.

It did not bother him anyway because with a girl like Chanyeol’s, she would sure to set sail to a thousand battle ships..... or was that plot already taken? It’s a Greek story isn’t it? Anyway, She was beautiful, smart, and witty. Damn! Even her eyes sparkles during her sappy but happy times with Chanyeol. It was puke inducing but there was no doubt that they are in love. And if that ‘you can see forever’ thing is a physical and tangible stuff well, their stares, laughs and even the way they talk to each other personifies that. It was an almost perfect love story.

Yep. ALMOST

And because of that almost  just imagine the amount of surprise, horror and anger that blew up when all hell broke loose sometime in a middle of a gig  that The PunkOuts (sans Chanyeol, because he called in sick) had almost a month ago.

They were playing and approaching the refrain of their sixth song when out of nowhere...

“GUYS! STOP!” Luhan screamed somewhere.

Panting, Luhan approached the stage pointing at his phone as he was climbing the stage, stealing the mic from Kyungsoo.

“Sorry... We have to cut this thing short... Sorry we have to go. The PunkOuts needs to go. Sorry” Luhan bowed and tugged Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and the other members out the nearest exit.

“MOVE PEOPLE!” Luhan opened the van and shoved them in

“Wa-wait hyung! OW!” Sehun got caught on the car’s door.
“C’mon guys we need to go...” He continue to push Sehun until the big guy fitted inside the vehicle then he proceeded to seat beside the driver’s seat.

“Can we get a new van?” Kai who was squeezed way back at the deepest side of the van spoke while all the others were trying to make their selves comfortable.
“Nope. I don’t think we can afford a new one after Chanyeol’s DEEP ” Luhan smacked the dashboard

Startled, all the members of The PunkOuts stopped.

“Deep ? Chanyeol? Has a DEEP ?” Junmyeon asked

“Ha! You think I am joking?” He eyed the poor Junmyeon emphasizing his power over the band like a weird mafia boss.
“I never joke around Junmyeonie. Especially if it involves my business...” Luhan made a gesture drawing a giant circle in the air with his hand encircling the entirety of the band, who are all still dumbstruck
“...and Deep s” He eyed them all one by one

“We-wa-wait..... Are you sure that the Chanyeol that Junmyeon is talking about is the same Chanyeol that you are referring to?” Minseok verified

“Here” Luhan handed him his phone, displaying a string of convo that the police and Luhan had.

“WHOA! He punched three people?! Really?!” Junmyeon blurted as he read the convo together with Minseok

“What?! What do you mean punched? He punched people? I’m not believing that! Chanyeol is waaaayyyyy to clumsy to be punching three guys, wellll... let alone punching ONE guy” Chen commented

“Yeah.... remember back in high school when he got in trouble with Minseok hyung? He just ran way and was beaten by Luhan and the entire football team. It was childish though...” Lay recalled nudging the eldest in the process
“Oh! That one time he accidentally threw Baek’s steam bun....! That’s funny!” both Sehun and Kai laughed.
“BU-Bu BUT I thought he was really mocking me! I was just hanging out at the corner of the school building then here comes a falling bun out of the window and here’s a creepy looking junior who stared down at me an just plainly said ‘oh my god! I am soooooo sorry! Oh look! On the brighter side, You look exactly like the bun sunbae!’ It was insulting you know?” Minseok explained
“But he’s way too honest to be mocking you Minnie... besides that got you three days of suspension. And just when you thought you are already doing a good deed, remember the horrific expression on the kid’s face when your entire team blind folded him in the middle of the field then surprising him with an apology? He ran and you chased him! Again!” Kris said while driving .

“But we are all just trying to say sorry!” Luhan defended
“Nonetheless, he was scarred for life man! He can’t even sleep with lights off after that!”

Tao and Kyungsoo sighed.

“God, he was so weird...” Baekhyun said
“Yeah...” The entire van agreed.

They were calm upon entering the station at first. They weren’t even sure if the Chanyeol they know was the Chanyeol that the police was talking about on the phone. But hey! The police called Luhan, aka “one of The PunkOuts’ road managers”, so probably this is THE Park Chanyeol.

The rest of the band welcomed themselves by sitting on the couple of chairs loitering around the station while Kris, Minseok, Luhan and Baekhyun tried to talk to the officials about “the Chanyeol incident”.

It turns out, Park Chanyeol, their Park Chanyeol did punched three guys and caused quite a havoc at a nearby club. Luhan, Kris and Minseok decided to pay the fine.

The whole gang then hanged out at one of the release areas.

“Park Chayeol, you are now released!” One of the wardens said out loud. They were all shaken up from their nap. Lo-and-behold! There, at the back of the station, ascends their once gentle giant, Park Chanyeol; bruised, patched up, black eyed. He even looks like he just sobered up.

“You’re a freaking mess!” Kyungsoo blurted out

Chanyeol just stared at Kyungsoo, he looked almost emotionless.

There was a very weird silence that enveloped the room. Then, as if hell just decided to melt its own, Chanyeol’s tears started to roll. Chanyeol was crying like that. Then all was just quiet. No one dared to ask. They were so used to the whinning Giant because when he is happy he laughs loudly, when he is angry he shouts, when he is sad, he hugs people and cry on their shoulders like a five year-old. But this. This has never happened before. Chanyeol was crying with no sound, not sobbing, no whines. He was hurt but he can’t simply let it all out.

Baekhyun just stood there while Chanyeol stared back at him with tears continuously running down his eyes.

It was over.

They were over.

He was broken.

 

 

 

 

“Ow! ! I think I broke my own head! !” He winced and jumped back in pain. Baekhyun just hit a concrete pole. It was partly his fault, really, but you cannot shove the whole blame on his hands. He was reading through his the campus map.
“Sorry...” Someone said as he felt a person holding down his shoulders
Disorriented, he just shook his head.

“No- no... It’s not your fault. I didn’t saw the post.” Baekhyun continued to cover his busted forehead
“Post?! But I’m not a post!”

He’s not a post?

Baekhyun carefully looked up, only to see a strangely super tall person in front of him.

The post is pouting! The post looked hurt too.

Oh, He’s definitely not a pole.

Who would have thought that they will stay together as friends for the longest time? Not to mention that they even managed to gather ten people in their own crazy world.

First it was Chen. That crazy, loud, overly observant but sensible bastard they managed to pick up at the cafeteria looking quite lost but hyper.

“EHHHH?! You’re older than me?!” Chen pointed at Baek on that one time he asked him about his birthday
“It doesn’t matter. Stop shouting! We’re born on the same year idiot!” Chen earned a smack on the head

“But Chanyeol’s younger than both of us! Where did all my growth hormones went?!” Chen continued on his mini protest

Then the bun incident happened. It was really a chaos after that. Because of Chanyeol’s clumsiness, they have managed to magnet Minseok and Luhan.

“You’re both older than me too?!” Chen asked them during lunch.

They just both nodded while devouring their food.

“But- but- bu..... Look Baek! They’re cuter than us! How can this happen?!” He turned to his friend.
“But you said you wanted to be as tall as Park Giant the other time!”
“But they’re cuter than me, it doesn’t make sense!” He pointed accusing fingers at the two soccer players

After that, Chanyeol managed to catch the attention of the hopeless Basketball captain, Kris. He was trying to recruit tall players because, apparently, the team was running out of ‘height’. At least according to him, that beanpole of a captain!

“We don’t want him to turn out all blue and bruised Kris. That dude? That dude is uncoordinated as hell!” Luhan protested
“...Plus he’s afraid of the dark! Can’t you understand?! He’s afraid of the dark dude! He’s that tall and he’s afraid of the dark!” Minseok added
“But he got the height man! What are you even talking about?” Kris sat after Luhan settled himself on their newly appointed table

“Eh? Why is the Basketball Captain sitting with us now?” Chen eyed Kris and then tilted his head
“I’m recruiting your friend”
“Friend? But I don’t think  my friends meet your height require- Wait! Don’t tell me you’re going after- ! “ Chen gasped and he immediately covered his mouth while clutching his own chest
“...Oh My God! No captain! You’re not! You don’t even know what you are talking about!” He dramatically said

“WOAH! It’s the creepy looking ball guy again! AHHHHH!!! BAEK! BAEK! Be my shield! Hide me!” Chenyeol tried to hide behind Baekhyun, crouching and all but of course, due to his height, Baek can’t actually hide him behind.

“Kris? C’mon man! I’ve talked you through about this right?” Baek sighed

“But!”

That afternoon, the gang plus Kris just found themselves inside the high school’s gym watching Chanyeol painstakingly trying to figure out how to do a proper Dribble and a Lay-up.

Kris lost.

Chanyeol was hopeless.

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t Kris’ intention to hurt people. In fact, he believes it was actually Chanyeol’s fault. Really! He can’t actually remember the entire thing but he’s quite sure he was sitting on the floor when someone tripped but it was Chanyeol who was standing then....

So....

“How come people are trying to hurt me still?...” This is his apparent reality
“How can you just trip me like that? I was just walking sir. I was just walking on the corridors!” The guy started to get all teary eyed.

“I- I ‘m sorry....” He bowed his head
“Me too.... I’m sorry sunbae... I’m sorr-“ Chanyeol was about to do a full 90-degree bow...
“YIXING?! YIXING?! OH NO! YIIIIIXXXXIIINNGGGG!!!!” Someone rushed on the bedside, hugged the Yixing guy and eyed the two who were standing beside him. He carefully inspected the two, he even looked at them from head to toe and back.

They both gulped.

“You two... what were you two doing with my bestfriend?!” He pointed at them
“You!” He pointed at Kris

“Aren’t you the Basketball Captain?!” He asked Kris

“Yes. President. But!’ He tried to defend himself.

Chanyeol just stared in awe during the whole ordeal. Watching how Kris folded in front of a guy nearly two feet smaller than they are.

So this is the Student Council’s President huh?
He’s as feisty as Baek and scarier than his Soccer hyungs. Well..... Crap! he’s also as naggy as Chen!

From that day on, Chanyeol firmly believed on one thing: Don’t ever mess with short people.

Don’t ask him for details.

He will not tell.

Just don’t.

Do you all understand?

Good.

Because although it was clearly an accident, they were sent to detention.

So no. Just no. Don’t try to mess with shorter people.

 

 

 

 

“Can you blink your eyes?” Chanyeol enthusiastically asked a short boy on the first day  after Spring Break.
“Well stupid, sure he can! He’s human like you and me. Just stop pestering him!” Baekhyun swatted him away from his seatmate
“But! Don’t get me wrong transferee-ssi, I was just amazed. I think your eyes are awesome!” He beamed
“It’s Kyungsoo! Stop calling him ‘transferee-ssi’ !” Chen scolded him
“Oookay... Kyungsoo-ssi, you’re eyes are awesome. I was just amazed... I’m sorry if I am creepy and all but you’re awesome. Okay? Have I told you that you are awesome? You’re awesome” Chanyeol continued on stating that Kyungsoo was awesome

“Is he really this annoying?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun and Chen.

“Yup! You’ll get used to it” And they all went to their respective seats as the bell rung. 

The day after, Kyungsoo brought  measuring tape, he measured Chanyeols eyes.

And as mind-blowing as it may sound...

Chanyeol’s eyes were wider!

Chanyeol cannot stop blabbering about it for the entire day.

 

 

 

 

“Hey! I have recruited new kittens!” All heads turned to his direction.

Sure, Chanyeol was dragging not one, no not even two... but THREE. Yep! Three confused-looking freshies to the school’s music club.

“They say they can play things!” He declared when he had managed to drag them all the way to the front of the club office.

“This one plays the guitar. That one plays the bass and this one said he can play percussions. Isn’t this great?!” He pointed at his ‘kittens’ one by one.
“But hyung... I don’t want to be in the music club! I want to dance!” Their prospect of a guitar player said.
“Yeah, I wanted to dance too!” The bass player said
“I want to do martial arts!” The other one said

Baekhyun and Chen just shrugged at Chanyeol.

But they need new members this year! Or else!

“But all of the student here needs at least two clubs besides I can assure you that you can still join those other clubs just like.....” He looked around and saw Junmyeon as he was about to enter the room for practice.

“....just like him! Junmyeon hyung! He’s the Student Council president but he is still here. He sings!” He excitedly pointed at the guy
“Uhh... Yeah? Duh? Requirements... At least two non-academic clubs” The president quoted annoyingly

“But we can do arts!” The guitar player suggested
“Trust me, you don’t want to be there. Kris hyung’s a mess!”
“We can join the meditation club!” The tallest one among his kittens supplied in
“Nope. You don’t want to learn how to get high at that age!”
“How about the book club?!” the martial arts person said
“I know Kyungsoo is awesome and all but that guy is borderline bipolar guys. And when he’s mad. HE’S MAD! LIKE SUPER MAD!” He explained animatedly

He stared as his three kittens as they contemplate on their own.

“So? Can you just please fill-up these forms?” He grabbed some application forms from Chen and Baek and shoved them all at his kittens’ arms.

“Welcome to the Music Club kittens! You’ll definitely love it here!” He hugged his new recruits

And that’s how the three maknaes got stucked with their nine hyungs for life.

Yes, if you think about it. Chanyeol was the sole perpetuator of this weird mess they call their circle of friends. Unintentionally or not, it was all Chanyeol’s doing. Consciously or  not, he had managed to gather all these faces into a group that will soon emerge as The PunkOuts. Chanyeol is some kind of an awesome person for that sole reason. Beakhyun was glad to have him and these ten other people nonetheless.

He was so thankful that the haphazard Park Chanyeol built all these by himself.

So the drama that the Park Giant is staging right now is surprising and in Baekhyun’s perspective, unnecessary.

It is crap .

If one girl can tear up an awesome person just like that, that stupid girl! Baekhyun hopes that the concrete pavement that that woman is standing right now will just split open and eats her up.

“Is three-timing even a word hyung?!” Their youngest, Sehun, asked him after they left Chanyeol’s dorm room at that night of his rampage.
“Well, at least, according to the urban dictionary it is. Off you go little one~!” He sends off the youngest to his dorm as he walk with Kai to the opposite street where his apartment was located.

“Yah hyung! Do you think Chanyeol hyung can still be Chanyeol hyung after all these?” Kai asked when they reached the stoop in front of the Kim residence.
“Don’t worry too much kitten number 1, your mother cat will pass this .” He offered a weak smile to the younger one.

He was left alone walking towards his home but upon reaching his house, he saw a familiar looking busted van in front of his apartment and there they were. Their road managers a.k.a his oldest-close-to-ancient hyungs.

“Oh hi there dusty people! I don’t really miss you that much but I am a good person. So, Do you want to come in?” He made his way unlocking his front door.
“ you Baek!” The three chorused while they follow him in.

“So uuuuhhhh.... Coffee? Tea? I don’t have beers or soju though” After too much contemplating about his fridge’s contents and receiving no replies from the elders he turned around only to find them sitting around his dining table, all looking ‘hyung-like’.

He doesn’t feel like hanging around with them anymore.

“We need to talk” Kris said
“A serious talk” Luhan & Minseok followed

He gulped.

 

 

 

 

It was that summer after he had met Chanyeol that he knew what he truly is. He was confused at first but when he had met a certain guy named Hyunsik, through one of his summer art classes, he knew. He just knew.

The guy was tall, a bit tan but more than his looks, his smiles are the best thing that Baekhyun has ever encountered in his entire existence.

“Okay!” was all that Chanyeol said, beaming brightly when he told him about his entire ordeal
“Okay?” He checked if the giant fully understands what this entire thing is all about

The guy nodded enthusiastically.

“Seriously?” He asked again

Chanyeol nodded again.

“You are not crept out? Scared? You don’t feel like I’m scum or a mutant? Or some kind of a creature that you need to get away from?!”

Chanyeol shook his head quite rigorously

“Why would you say that? You are still Baekhyun. You’re Byun Baekhyun and
I’m still dumb. I still don’t know how Lay-ups work. You’re gay, well if you want to know, I’m straight but those are just labels Baek. You’re still Baek and I am still Chanyeol. And we are friends. Nothing will change that. You’re awesome and awesome people sticks with one another!” Chanyeol beams his 100 megawatt smile and that makes things  a lot better.

“Well I’m gay. Minnie here is straight” Luhan pointed out when Baek ‘confessed’ one night during one of their videogame sessions
“That” He pointed a finger at Kris’ direction “...is straight”
“Those two are questioning” He gestured towards Yixing and Junmyeon’s direction. Both were dosing off on the sofa
“I’m bi, if you’re all wondering...” Chen put a bowl of popcorn in front of the guys

Minseok just shrugged “friends are friends Baek. Whatever you are, you’re a great person and that’s all that matters”

“I told you~!” Chanyeol nudged him

“Now who wants to go and have some ice cream? I’ll race you all to the fridge! Aaaaahhhhhh~~~~~!!!” Chanyeol was the only one who ran towards the kitchen.

Yixing poked his head out “Ice cream?” All nodded

“Oh! I want ice cream....” He stood up, stretched his arms and walked slowly towards the kitchen.

Yep. Anticlimactic... and they all just shook their heads.

 

 

 

 

“YAH! Dumb Giant!” He opened the curtains wide making sure that the sun’s rays hits directly on the said giant’s face

“Get up now! We’re going somewhere!” He announced while pulling Chanyeol’s blanket away from him

“I don’t want to Baek... I’m not feeling well... Can we just...”
“NO! We’re going out Chanyeol! C’mon now!” He lifted the guy up

“GOD! You smell! Have you ever took a bath since she left?”
Chanyeol simply shook his head

“I am going to tell your sister about this” Baekhyun tried to fish out his phone
“Baaeeeekkkkk... no, don’t do this to me... please?” Chanyeol pleaded with his unusual weak voice

He slumped beside the giant and let the giant lean against his shoulders. He then rubbed the giant’s back to comfort his hurt and weak friend.

“Why would she even want to leave me Baek?”
“I don’t know. My father didn’t live long enough to explain to me that part and when we have found him, he was already six-feet under. I knew he loved us. But I don’t know why he left. My family life was equally ed up as your situation right here dude” He tried to laugh it all off.

“I’m so sorry Baek... I didn’t mean to...” And when Baekhyun turned to check the giant. Chanyeol was already staring at him with apologetic eyes.

He knows this scene all too well.

He had already witnessed this a lot of times.

 

 

 

 

It was their ‘old people’s’ graduation when he saw it first. They were at Sehun’s place trying to dress the guy up nicely because he was still groggy from sleep deprivation and Chanyeol was waiting outside for them and it seems like Chanyeol was too silent to be Chanyeol-like at that very moment.

“Are you sure you’ve left him alive outside hyung?” Tao tried to look out the window to see if his other hyung is still outside the Oh’s gate.
“Yeah. I told him to wait for Jongin outside” He replied while trying to style Sehun’s hair earning an annoyed groan from the youngest.
“Stay still brat!” He swatted the youngest hand when he tried to ruin his masterpiece.

“Hey Guys! ‘zup hyung?!” Jongin entered Sehun’s room

Confusion dawned on him.

“Wait! Why are you here Jongin?” Baekhyun placed the comb on Sehun’s bed and Sehun’s automatically run his hands on his newly styled hair

“You said I should meet you all up here? Is there...”
“You haven’t seen Chanyeol hyung outside?” Tao asked

Jongin shooked his head.

“You don’t say----!” They all run outside to look for the clumsiest of all fair lads in the land.

They divided themselves to look for the presumably ‘kidnapped’, according to the youngest, Chanyeol.

Half an hour was gone and they were all running late when they all met up again in front of the Oh’s residence and Chanyeol is still missing. Junmyeon and Yixing had already arrived with their ride and still there is still no sign of their friend.

“I swear to God. I told him to stay and be good” Baekhyun crouched down in despair.
“He’s not a dog for God’s sake! Someone should have kept an eye on him!” Junmyeon was furious

Baekhyun facepalmed himself

“How are we going to explain this to his noona?” Yixing was fidgety and was pacing back and forth in front of the SUV that Junmyeon had managed to borrow from his parents.

“...let’s just say he was eaten whole by a T-Rex” Jongin suggested
“or abducted by pixies” said the weird panda
“or recruited by SM Entertainment!”  chipped in by the youngest of the group

“AISHHHHH! This is a serious matter!” Junmyeon snapped.

And they were all back to their old deflated state.

“Baek! Baek! BAEEEEKKKKIIIEEEEE!!!!!” They all turned around to the source of the voice they all know too well.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun snapped out from his despair

“Where on Earth have you been huh? Do you know how much worr-“ Junmyeon stopped scolding the tallest one when he handed him am open lidded box
“Wha- what on Earth are---“
Meow~!
“oooohhhhh! Cute thingies~!” Yixing then run to Junmyeon while peering into the box

“Baaakkkkkiiiieeeee” Chanyeol then sobbed and cried in front of the group

“What’s wrong?” Baek went up ahead and walked in front of the sobbing giant who engulfed him into a tight hug all of a sudden and rested his head on his shoulders where he cried really hard.

“Why is this hyung so childish?” Sehun asked Tao
“He’s so ugly” chided Jongin

“Baaaaaaaakkkiiieeeee!!! The kittens!” Chanyeol let out so loud with a sob
“Shut up you three! Or I’ll kill you!” Baek threaten the youngest ones
“There... there Yeollie~! Stop crying already... we’re all going to be late...” He said in a gentle voice.
“But the kittens....” Chanyeol reiterated
“They will not bully you now Chanyeol.... Their lives are at stake...” He said
“No... Not those three brats!” Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun and grabbed his box back from Junmyeon.

“THESE! These kittens!” He put down the box and revealed five kittens

“But your sister is allergic with cats Chanyeol. Your noona will kill you if you keep those” Yixing promptly remembered

“But hyyyuuuunnnngggg~~~!!!”
“No Channie. You can’t. Your older sister will kill us” Junmyeon made his way to the driver’s door of the car.
“Let’s go kids. We’re running late!” He said before honking the car’s horn

All of their friends hopped in the car except for two.

“Baekkkiiieeee......” He pouted
“Buttt Chanyeoooollllll....”
“Baaaaaeeeeekkkkkiiiieeee......”
“Yeeeoolllliiiiieeeeeeeee” Baekhyun rigorously shook his head
“Their heartless owner left them all alone Baek!”

Chanyeol looked really dejected and it looks like he was again about to cry...

“Fine! I’ll keep them!” Chanyeol grinned his happy smile.

And that’s why when you look at Luhan, Minseok and Kris’ highschool graduation pictures, all of them have five kittens sprawled somewhere in them.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is being a slave for the third straight day. He was now cleaning Chanyeol’s makeshift living room which was filled with half-eaten chips, chicken delivery boxes, and bottles upon bottles of beer and soju.

His friend needs to get a grip. At this rate, he could qualify as an alcoholic.  Not to mention that he is skipping classes quite a lot these days.

“Junmyeon wants you to know that you are going to fail your Lit class if you don’t show your this week” He said
“But I am not feeling well” Chanyeol answered from the toilet
“Well, Jongin’s dad wants you to know too that he is going to cut your head off if he learns that you are the one making Jongin drink on class nights”
“But~! They literally live across the campus”
“Exactly! He says he will chop you piece by piece if Jongin gets hit by a car while crossing the road at wee hours of night”
“AND Last but not the least, Luhan says and I quote YOU! GET OVER IT!” Then Baekhyun went back on cleaning

“I wish it was that easy...”

“It has been a month Chanyeol...”

Yixing then came barging in unexpectedly. Although Chanyeol literally shoved him out the door, their quietest hyung seems to be determined to go in as he looks like he is bothered about something and he says he needs Baek’s input on it.

He was still shuffling on Chanyeols sofa, clinging on the blanket he gave Chanyeol as a birthday present two years back.

“This is so comfy isn’t it?” He says as the younger ones stares at him awkwardly

“Do I look that weird curled in that blanket?” Chanyeol whispered to Baek, his eyes twitching
“Yep... but you look weirder though” with that Baek earned a smack on the head

“OW!” he hit Chanyeol back

“Is anything wrong?” Yixing opened his eyes

“Actually hyung, we should be the ones asking you that” Baek started
“...Yeah, you usually don’t rumaging in someone’s home looking desperate and hopeless” Chanyeol supplied in

Yixing straightened on his seat and pouted at them. Oh wow, this is weirder now. The unicorn never pouts and he looked kicked out.

“What is this about hyung??” Baek asks
“Is it about school?” Chanyeol looks bothered

He shook his hand, eyes looking back and forth between the two.

“Is Luhan and Tao being annoying again? You can move in with Baek!” Chanyeol said while Baek nodded and smiled in agreement

Lay just pouted again

“Is Kris bullying you again? You can always tell him to Junmyeon and let Junmyeon hyung beat him” Baek said as Yixing lets out an irritated groan at the sound of Junmyeon’s name.

“Junmyeon?” Chanyeol blinked at the guy
He nodded
“What’s with Junmyeon hyung? Did you guys fight?”
“No” he finally said.

“Oh! Oh! This is interesting! Let me get some soda~~~!!!” Chanyeol suddenly stood up from his seat and rushed to grab some.
“Junmyeon hyung?”
The guy just nodded again.
“Did he went extra annoying again?
“No”
“Did he manage to finally burn your house with his cooking?”
“No”
“He brought his dirty laundry and asked you to help him with it?
Yixing shook his head.
“He finally cleaned his dorm?”
“Huh! I wish...~!”

Yeah, that’s farfetched.
They have managed to down five cans of soda and had three rounds of yes and no’s until it hit Baekhyun...

“Let me get this straight first. You and Junmyeom hyung are still okay?”
“I guess~?”
“You guess?”
Yixing nodded.

Could it....
No.....

“You didn’t fight with each other?”
“No”

But then..

“You’re still close friends?”
“Yeah”

There’s no harm in trying though...

So....
Here  it goes....

“You like Junmyeon hyung?”

Yixing gapes at him, backing away, he curled himself again in Chanyeol’s unicorn blanket and groaned  loudly at the thought.

“We-wa-wait hyung...” Chanyeol blinked rapidly looking at Baek.
Baekhyung just shrugs.

“It makes sense doesn’t it?” Chanyeol fidgets with the soda’s tab
“Doesn’t it?” Chanyeol asked no one in particular.

“Yeah... I like Junmyeon” He almost whispers

“I like Junmyeon a lot”....

“What should I do?!”

WOW~!

Yep. The cat is out. Who wants to bet?

But then, Yixing asked them to be quiet about it. And considering how loud both of them are, well, Yixing is about to get doomed.

After three hours of convincing the unicorn that everything is going to be okay, well as the song once said  ~~~HERE COMES TROUBLE!!!

Tada~!

Standing in Chanyeol’s doorway, a very fidgety, pale and nervous looking Junmyeon. He was standing there like a thrown puppy, head lying low with a very evident pout on his face.

Chanyeol was not really sure on what to do at that point. Half of him wants to shut the door back in and let the poor Suho just walk away in anger and anguish just to save himself from slipping something he should not be saying at the elder puppy but the good half of him just wants to hug the poor guy and let him stay the night because trust him, he knows how frustrating this is.

“OH! Junmyeon hyung!” Baek shoved past him and led Junmyeon in.

Damn it Baek!

“What brings you here hyung? Do you want something? I’m sure Chanyeol has some decent water lying around here...” Baek is treating the apartment as his again, walking towards the kitchen leaving him and their Junmyeon hyung alone.

“I think I did something stupid...” Junmyeon mumbled ever so silently but in Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s case right now, you cannot help but to be hyper aware!

“What did you say hyung?” Baek came rushing back to the living room

Junmyeon sighed

“I think I did something stupid guys...” He confessed

The younger ones sat in front this hyung carefully.

“and why is that?” Baek was the first to ask back
“I think I did something wrong that Yixing started avoiding me~~!!!” He looked directly to the two younger ones in front of him, tears almost spilling from his eyes.

“I c-can’t lose that guy guys.... I-I th-think I’ll be doomed without him~~~!!!” He started sobbing like crazy pulling both Chanyeol and Baekhyun in his arms almost suffocating the two.

If only we can spill these things in front of these two stupid people They both thought.

Junmyeon left the two at nine that evening, both of which still not sure on what on Earth they should both do. They tried playing their way through it, pep talking each other and convincing themselves that they can keep this secret on their own.


A/N [15-5-21]
I know Punk Outs goes back and forth a lot & it's a lot confusing most times so I've decided to add ample amount of spacing in between time specific plot threads(?) Is 'plot thread' even a word? [what am I saying?! hehehe~ but I hope you get it.... sorry for confusing you even in my A/N~ I'm a failure, I know...] So yup! I hope you had fun reading this and as I have said about the next update, I will be working hard on it. Wish me lots of luck!
Thanks for reading!
-SS