10... (final)

Too Cool to be True

Last chapter. This story is just an experiment, really. I miss writing fluff for them. hahaha.

 

_____________

 

Prom night comes two days later, and Kyungsoo could feel the excitement crawling up his spine. He's giddy and giggly all over, skipping around Jongdae's room like a three year old when the older male purposely takes too long to put on a tie. Of course, Jongdae is excited too since this is the first year he'll be going with a date - Yixing - who's supposed to arrive in a few more minutes to pick him up so they could go together.

 

As for Kyungsoo, he's already watching the wall clock intensely, a large goofy smile on his face when there's only five minutes left before 8. Jongin promises to fetch him from the dorm at 8. It's almost time!

 

He could feel his stomach churning nervously, heart fluttering at the thought of dancing with Jongin tonight, and possibly share a kiss or two under the moonlight once everyone's too drunk to notice their school's heartthrob going missing. Kyungsoo wants to dance with Jongin under the starry night sky, too.

 

"You're such a Cinderella." Jongdae suddenly points out, looking at Kyungsoo from the reflection in the mirror. It's hard not to notice the smaller male when he's been grinning creepily on Jongdae's bed for the past five minutes. "You look like a cracked up version of Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. Instead of losing a glass slipper, you'd probably turn into a beast and lock Jongin up in a tower."

 

"That's actually a good fanfiction idea."

 

"You've been reading fanfictions?!"

 

"There's this new anime that got me riled up lately. I'm in love with the main character and his sidekick. I swear those two make a cute couple."

 

"Well, you and Jongin make a cute couple too, so cute it makes me sick. Like... I can't imagine how I'll survive being in the same dorm when both of you go like rabbits one day. I know for a fact that it sure as hell won't happen in Jongin's house first when the time comes, unless you want his parents to be your audience."

 

"Ew. No, I don't think we'll have too soon. I mean, we're still in the dating stage. I'm not really... comfortable with the idea of... uh, sticking a up my anytime soon. So yeah... you don't have to worry about it." Kyungsoo assures his roommate.

 

"You guys are too innocent." Jongdae laughs.

 

"Not really. He's seen me fully when we were in Daegu."

 

"He saw you ?! Kyungsoo, why don't you tell me stuff like this anymore?!"

 

"Because you're a troll and you'll tell Xing ge before I could even explain things clearly." Kyungsoo deadpans.

 

"But that's only because we love you, and you should always tell this kinda stuff to people you love. I mean, if it wasn't for me and Yixing, who would ever have the guts to call you little squish? Who would dare to baby you and make you feel special all the time? Who else do you have to tell this things to?"

 

"I don't need anyone else. I've got Jongin."

 

"Ungrateful lil --"

 

There's a knock on the door and both boys instantly turn their heads. Earlier, they placed a bet to see who would arrive first - Yixing or Jongin. Jongdae bets on his playstation and if he loses, Kyungsoo could use it anytime he wants for a month. Kyungsoo bets on chores, promising to clean the whole dorm by himself for a month if he loses, including Jongdae's toilet. Ew.

 

While Jongdae continues to fix his tie, Kyungsoo nervously goes over to greet whoever's date that's waiting outside. His heart is beating fast against his chest, biting his lips to still his nerves.

 

When he opens it, disappointment washes over him when he sees Yixing, wearing a crisp black suit with a red tie, and looking absolutely astonishing in it. He holds out a red rose, giving one to Kyungsoo before walking past him to Jongdae's room. Kyungsoo continues to stand by the door with a kicked-puppy look on his face. "I lost the bet.." He mutters.

 

"Actually, you didn't." Jongdae suddenly states, coming out from his room with Yixing. Both seniors look handsome that night; Yixing rocking the black suit and red tie, while Jongdae has settled for a black suit with white tie. A rose sits inside Jongdae's pocket - the same one that Yixing brought for him earlier. Kyungsoo looks down at his own rose and suddenly wonder why the senior would give one to him.

 

"Jongin came earlier than me, but he had a tummy ache. Too nervous to face you, I guess. I saw him pacing the door outside with the rose in his hands. He passed it to me before running off to the toilet in the lobby area. I think he's still there right now if you hurry up."

 

Kyungsoo places the rose inside his blazer's pocket before running down to find his date.

 

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo calls out lightly, stepping into the dimly lit restroom. He hears a groan coming from one of the stalls and a small smile forms on his lips.

 

"C-could you wait outside? I don't know what I ate earlier so my tummy isn't feeling so well."

 

"I could wait here if you want."

 

"No! It's too embarassing. Go outside and wait, please." Jongin tells him.

 

"Aw come on. You've seen me in the same situation before. What difference does it make?"

 

"The difference is that I was still trying to catch your attention back then. Now, we're dating, so it's totally different." Jongin tries to reason, but Kyungsoo isn't taking the excuse. He wants to make sure that his boyfriend is fine.

 

"Poop comes in the same shape and size in any bad situation, so stop pushing me away. I'm your boyfriend, aren't I? We like each other, so isn't it normal to stick close when one is not well? I'd be a bad boyfriend if I stay away from you when you're sick."

 

There's a moment of silence between them before Jongin mutters a soft, "Fine. Stay then." He's actually glad that Kyungsoo's around, because at least it's not someone else they might know from school. It's not everyday someone walks in on Jongin with a stomach cramp. Everyone probably thinks he's too perfect to even have stomach cramps.

 

He blames it mostly on nerves, because this is his first prom in high school - his first prom EVER - and he actually has a date this year. He wants it to be perfect , to make it a memory that lasts for the rest of his life. It's even better that he has Kyungsoo to go with him, because the smaller male completes him in a way, makes him look forward to something he would otherwise avoid.

 

After all, he hates crowds. Prom would be the last thing he attends.

 

A small part of the blame goes to his sister's cooking, however. She took it upon herself to prepare the family's lunch that day because she wants it to be special for her little brother's first high school prom. The food was not inedible, but it tasted funny. Jongin only ate a little, the rest of it having fed to both his sisters and his dad. His mum didn't even touch her plate. Now he understands why she's so hesitant about the meal.

 

Another wave of pain overcomes him and he groans out, clutching his stomach tightly. "I'm gonna kill my sister!" He tries to not feel embarass over the exploding sound that's coming out from his , fully aware that Kyungsoo is just outside his stall.

 

"That's quite a big one." Kyungsoo remarks. He doesn't mean it in a teasing manner though. His eyebrows are knitted closely to form a frown line, wondering what he could do to ease his boyfriend's pain. "I'll be right back, Jongin. I need to get something."

 

Jongin hears him leave, and he suddenly feels sad when he thinks that Kyungsoo's probably disgusted by him. In reality, Kyungsoo simply runs back to the dorm to fetch a bottle of water. A person suffering diarrhea should drink lots of water to replenish the loss of bodily fluid. He goes back down as soon as he finds a bottle of drinking water, with some diarrhea pills from the medicine box.

 

"Jongin, I got you some water and a pill."

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

"Duh, who else would it be? You'd think I leave you just like that?"

 

"I-I thought you did."

 

"Idiot. Now why don't you come out for a while to take the pill? It's for diarrhea."

 

Jongin doesn't want to leave the toilet seat but he wills himself to clean up and follow Kyungsoo's order anyway. His face is pale when he looks into the mirror, slouching a little because most of his energy is drained by then. Kyungsoo suddenly wonders if it's a good idea to attend prom when his boyfriend is in such a weak condition. He looks like he could break just with a simple touch. Kyungsoo quietly hands over the pill, which Jongin gratefully swallows it down with some water.

 

Then they wait around for the pill to kick in. Kyungsoo sits on the sink counter, letting his legs hang above the ground because he knows he won't fall when Jongin has a firm grip on his hips. He spreads his thighs a little to accommadate the tanned male in between, rubbing the back of Jongin's neck while he rests his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

 

They stay in silence for as long as they could remember, the only sound they made is their soft breathing and the occasional grunt from Jongin. When it feels as though hours have passed, Kyungsoo places a short peck on his boyfriend's forehead, leaning back a little to see if there's any signs of pain on Jongin's face. The tanned male seems to be alright, still a little pale though because of all the liquid he lost.

 

"Let's go back to my room." Kyungsoo tells him, giving a second for Jongin to reply. The tanned male simply returns a nod, but his expression is a sad one, mainly because he had just ruined their plan to attend prom and spend a perfect night together. He's been yearning to dance with Kyungsoo.  "Hey, look at me."

 

Jongin looks, surprised to see how worried Kyungsoo is.

 

"Why are you upset?" The smaller male asks.

 

"We were supposed to go for prom together. Now I'm too tired to go, and we haven't even done a thing yet." Jongin says out of frustration. He's angry with himself for ruining what was supposed to be a perfect night. Kyungsoo suddenly cups his face and pulls him closer to seal a long and deep kiss. It doesn't take very long for Jongin to reciprocate a second later, pulling his boyfriend closer by the wait until their bodies are pressed together. Kyungsoo's arms automatically lock around Jongin's neck, tilting his head a little more to avoid bumping their noses again like last time.

 

When Kyungsoo suddenly pushes in his tongue into Jongin's mouth, the latter's eyes immediately snap open. This would be the first time that Kyungsoo takes over for a change. Jongin's usually the one to flick his tongue through Kyungsoo's parted lips first. He doesn't dislike it, of course, but it's still surprising nonetheless.

 

"K-kyungsoo..." Jongin moans out, moving his hands up to Kyungsoo's sides and forgetting how ticklish the male is in that region. Kyungsoo immediately pulls back to laugh, shoving away Jongin's hands.

 

"Yah, are you trying to kill me?" He giggles.

 

"I forgot that you're ticklish there. Sorry, baby."

 

Baby.

 

"Call me that again." Kyungsoo tells him.

 

"Baby?"

 

"I like it. Makes me feel.... disgustingly cute." Jongin simply chuckles. "If it was Jongdae or Yixing who called me that, I would have punched them in the balls."

 

"They call you little squish though."

 

"Only because I allow them. They obviously have some weird for cute things. I swear they treat me like I'm their lovechild. Jongdae acts like a secondhand dad sometimes."

 

"Well, you are cute. Anyway, I think I need to lie down for a bit. I feel a little dizzy right now." Kyungsoo immediately gets down from the counter and pulls Jongin along with him. They head back to Kyungsoo's dorm, shirking out of their suits before sinking down on Kyungsoo's bed. It's a little tight to fit two people into a single bed, but they manage to maneuver themselves into a comfortable position, just like they did in Kyungsoo's bedroom back in Daegu. Only this time, the smaller male is facing his boyfriend instead of thr wall.

 

They're both lying in their boxers, yet it doesn't feel the slightest bit awkward, nor is there a in the air that demands them to rip out each other's skin. There's just Jongin, then there's Kyungsoo. Lying on a single-sized bed. Facing each other. In a semi-dark room illuminated by a lone desk lamp sitting on the smaller male's study desk.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't feel tired to sleep just yet, so he traces Jongin's chest with a finger, while the tanned male watches him silently. It's quiet between them, yet it's not uncomfortable. For some reason, the silence turns this moment into an intimate one, using their eyes to share a quiet conversation that no words could explain. Kyungsoo feels his heart beating harder with every passing second.

 

The fluttering has also intensified. And now... Now the words 'I like you' are stuck in his throat. A small lump that refuses to budge.

 

Jongin seems to be struggling the same way, wanting to express himself; to tell Kyungsoo how much the smaller male means to him. Yet, the words can't seem to get out as easily as it'd been a day ago. Suddenly, he thinks that 'I like you' isn't enough to define just how important Kyungsoo is to him.

 

Suddenly, he feels something more.

 

It's amazing how they chose the same moment to speak out their mind.

 

"Jongin, I love you."

 

"I love you, Kyungsoo."

 

It's also amazing how they had only agreed to be 'boyfriends' two days back, and it should have been the wrong time to say the word 'love' because it seems as though they're rushing into it. Yet, there could not have been a better time either. 

 

"Jinx! We said it at the same time." Kyungsoo giggles after that, while Jongin simply smiles. "But I think it's only fair that I said first since my birthday is two days earlier than you."

 

"How is that fair? If you use birthdays, then you'll always win. We should use a popularity vote; the one is more popular in school."

 

"Then I'll never win a thing." Kyungsoo pouts, a thing that never fails to melt Jongin's heart.

 

"It can't be helped since I'm the cooler one."

 

"Huh. If you insist on this, why don't we make it fair by deciding who is the cooler one in terms of personality?"

 

"Not a bad idea. I'd still win." Jongin doesn't know why they're arguing over a small thing like this, even though it's just a harmless squibble.

 

"No, you don't, Kim Jongin. I'm obviously the winner. I listen to rock songs, watch tons of movies, read lots of good books, plays the guitar, the smarter one in class, AND beat you in most of the playstation games we played."

 

Jongin simply laughs.

 

"Plus, I think you're someone who's just too cool to be true." Jongin quirks an eyebrow at this.

 

"Why would you say that?"

 

"Because the real Kim Jongin I know is not always like that. And that's the one I fell for."

 

Jongin knows that he's lost the battle. He pulls Kyungsoo closer after that, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend's waist. The night doesn't seem so awful anymore, despite not being able to attend prom that year. He would never trade this precious moment they shared for anything else in the world.

 

The day Do Kyungsoo finally becomes his.

 

____________________

 

I'M DONE!!!! *throws confetti* sorry for all the disgustingly cheesy stuff I wrote. Hahahahahaha.