Let's Cook!

Paws The Music!

Loila’s POV

I had to forgive Bae. We live in the same house and his parents would pick up on the tension in the room. I’m not one to hold a grudge, it’s so much trouble. It’s easier to say sorry and get over it. Dae, on the other hand is one person that never seems to forget fights unless you are the first to say sorry (presents also help). Dae would probably want me to stay angry at him and hit him a few times but I felt that it wouldn’t help.

 

I went back into my room. Dae was standing there tapping her foot. “You’re so weak! I wanted you to punch Bae!” She whined. “I suppose if you bruised him, my parents would notice.” She punched me in the arm and went to the bin. “There were two at the door. I read them.”

“Was it bad?”

“The usual death threats. You also got Christmas biscuits.”

“Biscuits?”

“I threw them out.”

“Dae! They could have been nice.”

“Lola, they were from your Stalker.”

“Right, good thinking. They might have been poisoned!” I said seriously.

“I wouldn’t go that far…”

“I don’t want to read the letters.” I grabbed the letters she was holding and threw them in the bin once again. “I do want to make biscuits though, do you want to help?”

 

~A few weeks later~

 

I was sitting on the couch when Dae walked in. “I’m going to go shopping. I need a new dress for tonight. Do you want to come?”

“I can’t. I have a lesson today.”

“A cooking lesson? You need nice clothes for tonight though. It’s New Years!”

“Aren’t we staying home?”

“I don’t know. We might go see MBLAQ but I still want to look nice.”

“Dae, can I have a lift?”

“You have work today as well. You have to come shopping!” Dae whined.

“I’m not going.”

“You never go to work.”

“I am only part time. You seem to sleep there!”

“I’ll go get the car keys.” She sighed. I grabbed the piece of paper which told me where the cooking classes would be held and followed Dae to the car.

 

 

Dae’s POV

I took Lola to the building where her cooking class was. “Please come with me. It’s scary!” She begged.

“I want to go shopping.”

“You have heaps of clothes already!”

“It’s just a cooking class. And besides, Mir got you two coupons so you could go twice.” I laughed and turned around to go back to the car. “Maybe he wanted to go with you…”

“No! Please come with me. I don’t want to do it alone, I might die of embarrassment!”

“How? You’re an awesome cook.” I laughed at how she acted when she was scared. “Fine, I’ll come. You’re too shy for your own good.”

“Let’s go!” She cheered as she walked in front of me.

“Complete change…” I whispered to myself.

 

When we finally found our way inside everyone had already started. “Hello!” a man said. “You can call me Shin, I’m the instructor. There’s a bench over there for you both and we are just following the recipe on the table. Everything you need is on the bench and if you need any help, just ask me.”

“I’m Sky and this is Dae.” Lola introduced bravely.

“Ah! Mir told me about you. I guess you won’t need help then.” He laughed. “Mir told me what recipe to use today so I hope you enjoy it.”

“Thank you.” She said as we walked to the bench.

“I better not break a nail from this Lola.” I threatened.

“Here’s your apron. We’re making cakes!” She smiled and started to read the recipe. It was the happiest I had seen her in a few months. I put on my apron and washed my hands.

“I only want to help prepare.” I told her. “I can’t believe Mir set this all up.”

“It’s only because he wants to eat my cake.” Lola laughed.

“I think it’s because he-” I began but Lola wasn’t listening. She was humming while mixing the cake mixture she had already made. “You’re so quick!”

 

 

Loila’s POV

While the cake cooked I washed the dishes. Everyone else was smiling and talking while Shin walked around looking at what people had made. The room smelt delicious and I couldn’t wait to decorate the cake. Dae stood next to me drying the dishes. She only helped mix the mixture because she didn’t want to ruin her new manicure; she looked like she was enjoying herself though. We stopped doing the dishes when the oven timer went off. “It’s ready!’ Dae called excitedly. I pulled it out and began to put on the icing. “What are you going to write on it?” Dae asked while leaning on the bench looking at her nails. “You should write a love message!” She said with sudden interest in the cake.

“I don’t know what to put on it. I’ll just put a picture of Soju on it!” I said as I started to write on the cake.

“Do you mean Mir’s dog or the drink?”

“Both!”

 “That’s a great idea but let me do the writing. I have neat writing and you’ve already made a mistake!” Dae giggled as she pointed as my spelling mistake. I handed her the bowl of icing and continued to clean up the bench.

 “Mir seemed really angry when Kimchi died…”

“I heard. Joon said he could hear Mir crying in his sleep.”

“I didn’t realise it was that bad.” I went quiet because I was thinking.

“It’s finished!” Dae called.

“Put it in the box then.” I grabbed the leftover dishes and finished the rest of the cleaning up.

“Let’s go deliver it now!” Dae picked up the box and walked out of the class. I waited behind to listen to Shin’s closing statement and thanked him for the lesson.

“You can come whenever you like. Mir said you are a great help so if you ever have any spare time and you want to do some cooking, you know where I’ll be!” Shin laughed. It was my first lesson but I enjoyed it and wondered if I would come back again. I said goodbye to everyone and went back to the car. Dae was already sitting in the driver’s seat waiting for me.

“Hurry up!”

 

We arrived at MBLAQ’s door half an hour after the cooking lesson. I grabbed the cake and knocked on the door. “Did you have fun?” Mir asked, letting Dae and I in. We walked into the kitchen and Mir sat at the table.

“It was so hot standing next to the oven!” Dae whined as she stood next to me. I thought she would have left to go find Joon but she didn’t.

“I made-” I began.

We made. I helped mix and decorate, remember?” Dae cut in. I sighed and started again.

“We made the cake for you.” I put the cake box on the table while Dae leaned over my shoulder and whispered in my ear.

“Are you really going to give it to him without checking what I wrote first?” I turned to face her.

“What did you write?” I whispered fiercely. Mir didn’t notice because he was examining the outside of the box.

“Just a little love message…” She skipped out of the room and I gasped.

“What’s wrong?” Mir asked looking at me. He turned back to the box and slowly lifted it up. I ran out of the room screaming. This is so comical!

 

 

Mir’s POV

I started to lift the box when Loila ran out of the room. I laughed and started to open the box again. I didn’t get to open it the whole way though because Soju jumped onto my lap. I patted him and he wagged his tail. I kept patting him until his tail whipped the box and knocked it out of my hands and onto the floor. “NO!” I yelled as I stood up while trying to grab it. I wasn’t quick enough and the cake fell onto the floor with a splat. Soju started to it and I had to shoo him away.

“What happened?” Loila asked coming back into the room. She looked both devastated and relived at the same time.

“Soju knocked it off the table.” I explained.

“You didn’t see it did you?”

“No.” I lied. I saw the cake. It looked professional with the decorations. The writing was in what looked like chocolate icing. It read, “Dear Stalker. Love Loila!” and it had pink hearts around the edges. It said love! That means something!

 

 

Loila’s POV

I was standing in the next room, peeking through the door. I wanted to see Mir’s reaction to “my” cake. He was patting Soju when the cake fell to the floor. I went back into the room and Mir was shooing Soju. “What happened?” I asked, trying to make it sound like I didn’t see the whole thing.

“Soju knocked it off the table.”

“You didn’t see it did you?”  I asked hopefully.

“No.” Mir said as he picked up the box. He his finger which had a bit of icing on it. “It tastes nice though.” I gave a relieved sigh and helped clean up the cake. Mir didn’t see the cake so he didn’t know my feelings. Wait, Dae wrote on the cake not me. Why do I keep thinking like this?