Lonely New Years

Paws The Music!

Loila’s POV

I bent down and patted Soju. “Good boy.” I whispered in his ear.

“Why did you knock it down Soju?” Mir whined. “Guess you’ll have to make me another one!”

“Haven’t you heard of the three second rule?” Dae laughed coming back into the room.

“You’re helping me make the next one.” I told Mir. We had just finished cleaning up the cake and were sitting around the table.

“What are you doing for New Years?” Dae asked Mir.

“Staying here. My parents went on a holiday so I can’t see them. I think Joon is staying as well.”

“Is Thunder?” I asked hopefully.

“Why do you care?” Mir said coldly.

“You’re a jealous boy, aren’t you?” Dae asked pinching his cheeks.

“Leave me alone!” He whined pushing Dae away.

“Well, we’re going clubbing tonight. You should come.” Dae was washing her hands to get Mir’s “germs” off.

“Rain doesn’t like when we go clubbing.” Mir said. Dae gave him her “puppy dog” look. “Fine. We’ll be there.”

“Goodie! Let’s go get ready Lola.” Dae grinned as she dragged me out of the room.

“How long does it take to get ready!?” I yelled.

 

 

Dae’s POV

I finished getting dressed when I turned around to see Lola on my bed reading. “You need to get ready soon. I can’t believe we didn’t get to go shopping.”

“I can’t come.” She said as she continued to read.

“The book can wait.” I mumbled because I was trying to put on makeup.

“I’m underage, remember?”

“You’re only a year younger than me.” I told her. “Wait! I forgot, sorry!”

“I’ll just stay in here and read.”

“Umma and Appa are going out which means Bae and Hy will be gone too. I can stay-”

“No, you have to go. What if you find your true love!?” She said sarcastically.

“That’s why I’m putting on makeup!” I fixed my hair once more and sighed. “I’m going then. I’ll ring you after the countdown, okay?”

“Sure.” She briefly looked up from her book to say goodbye.

 

I finally found the club where MBLAQ was supposed to meet me. It was dark and quiet outside so I decided to go inside without them. The club was filled with people and loud music. I went straight to the bar and just picked the first thing on the menu. My drink came a few minutes later. It was brightly coloured and tasted sweet. I looked around the club and watched everyone else dancing while I took another sip of my drink. “Boo!” Someone yelled from behind me. I turned around and started to yell.

“Mir!” I punched him in the arm. “Don’t do that. I’m wearing expensive clothes!”

“Do you want me to go get some-” Joon began.

“No. It’s okay. I don’t think any got on me. Where’s Cheondung?”

“He is staying with his family.” Mir muttered. “Where’s Loila?” He asked happily.

“She’s underage. Sorry, I forgot.” I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. “Do you want a drink?”

“How could you forget- Sure!” Mir said after I gave him a glare. I ordered him the same drink I ordered previously and he gulped it down. “Another!” He shouted at the bartender.

“Slow down Mir. I don’t want you to get sick.” Joon frowned.

“Shut up!” He gulped down the second drink and ordered another one.

“Let’s go dance!” I called, starting to walk to the dance floor.

“Mir, we’re idols. Don’t forget that.” Joon followed me.

“As if I’d forget that... I’m leaving!” Mir shouted as we went to go dance.

 

 

Loila’s POV

Dae’s family left half an hour after Dae so I was home alone. I couldn’t concentrate on my book because the house seemed eerie when quiet. I my iPod and started listening to some of the songs. When 2NE1’s “I am the best” came on I got up and started to dance. I had the music so loud that I couldn’t even hear my footsteps. I sang along for the chorus but I suddenly felt like I wasn’t alone. I turned my iPod off and opened my door. “Hello?” I called. “Hello!?” I whispered fiercely. I could feel myself starting to shake. “Calm down.” I told myself. “Calm- AHH!” I screamed when someone touched my arm. I ran back into my room, slammed the door shut and turned off the light, the lamp on the desk was still on but I didn’t bother turning it off. I hid under Dae’s bed and hugged my wrist (which had Kimchi’s collar on it) when someone entered the room. It couldn’t see very well but I could see that it was a man because of his shoes. I closed my eyes and looked away. “I-I’m w-warning y-YOU…” I stuttered. I could hear the man walk closer to the bed and bend down.

“Sky, it’s me.” A friendly voice said. I slowly got out from under the bed and opened my eyes when I saw who it was.

“Thank God!” I ran over and hugged him. “I thought it was someone else!”

“Who else would it be?” Bae laughed. He hugged me back.

“I don’t know. I thought you went with your family.”

“No. I was supposed to but I didn’t want to leave you alone. Dae said that you are having some problems these days. I thought I’d cheer you up!” He the main light and turned off the lamp. “That’s better.”

“I was so scared!”

“I realised. I thought you were going to grab weapon!” He laughed and grabbed my hand.

“You’re not drunk are you?”

“I’m not drunk.” He looked down guiltily.

“Bae, I didn’t-”

“Let’s go for a walk!” He cheered happily.

“Why does everyone drag me? I have legs!” I whined as Bae pulled me outside.  

 

“Here we are!” Bae said as he let go of me. We were on a main road with many clubs and restaurants.

“Why did you bring me here?”

“You can see the fireworks from here. Right over there…” He pointed above on of the biggest buildings. “Let’s walk around.”

“It’s so busy…” I pointed out. I walked closely to Bae so I didn’t loose him in the crowd. We turned a corner where there were less people.

“I love this place!” He sighed and looked up at the sky. “It’s a shame you can’t see many of the stars.” I nodded and looked around us. There were less people here than before but it still felt packed. I noticed that a person was sitting on the gutter. He got up and ran to one of the buildings. He leaned over and was sick on the side of the building. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve and went to sit back down. I stared at him and took a step towards him. “Leave him alone. He’s just homeless.” I ignored Bae and continued walking. The person wasn’t homeless, he looked familiar.

“Excuse me?” I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and smiled. “Mir!?” I gasped. He pulled me down so I was sitting next to him.

“Why are you underage?” He whined. He was holding a beer bottle and kept shaking it. His breath smelled strongly of alcohol that I had to turn around to breathe properly.

“Bae! Go get Dae!” I called.

“Which club?” I asked Mir, he pointed to the one closest to us. Bae nodded and asked the bouncer something. The bouncer frowned and went inside.

“I’m going to kill him!” Mir growled as he tried to stand up. I pulled him down and held onto his arm.

“You aren’t supposed to be drinking. Let me-” Mir leaned on my shoulder and closed his eyes.

“I’m not supposed to do many things. It’s never stopped me before.”

“Mir…” I took the beer bottle from him and put next to me. I stared at the bottle for a few moments. It was the same brand that the real Stalker drank. I shook my head and looked at Mir. He smelt so gross but I couldn’t leave him there alone. I moved his head so he was resting on my thighs.

“Why are you with him?” He said quietly. “You’re supposed to be with me…” My eyes widened. What was he talking about? I was underage so I couldn’t go in the club with him. I looked down at Mir who was lightly snoring. He looked so peaceful that I felt sorry for him. He would have a massive hangover tomorrow.

“This is so comical…don’t fall asleep!” I pleaded as I gently slapped him in the face. Joon came running out of the club, followed closely by Dae and Bae.

“Let’s take him to the hospital.” Dae was clinging onto Joon’s arm. Joon looked at the floor.

“We can’t. It will be all over the news.”

“Is the media more important that your friends!?” I yelled.

“He’s not dying. We’ll take him home and I’ll call the manager. I do not want to tell Rain about this, okay?” Everyone nodded and Dae and Bae helped lift Mir into the car. I was standing next to Joon, who sighed. “It just had to happen a few days before we go to Australia…”

“You’re going to Australia!?” I asked as I stared at him. Joon nodded.

“Didn’t Mir tell you? MBLAQ invited you to come with us.”