Two

My Home

The next day I woke up to a smell that I’ve never smelled before but it was intoxicating, in a good way. I squirmed and felt another movement beside me. I stretched and rubbed my eyes before opening them. Everything was blurry. I closed my eyes and squirmed once again but this time I felt a pair of arms that was around me tightening and pulled me closer to it. I opened my eyes once again and saw another blurry vision in front of me. I closed and opened my eyes again and the figure was getting clearer. I repeated my steps from before and finally noticed that it was TaekWoon’s face. I gasped and with my reflexes my hand shut up to my lips covering them. I’m sleeping with Jung TaekWoon and we’re actually touching. Of course I’ve slept with him before, our first day together, –exclude the part where he began sleeping on the ground the second day we got married– but we’ve never had this much skinship before. I looked around and noticed that I was next to the wall where TaekWoon was last night. I was by the edge of the bed last night, but how did I get to this side? Did we? I looked down and around and saw that we were still fully clothed. Then how did I? I looked up at TaekWoon who was still sleeping and for once he looked so peaceful, so handsome. His lips were slightly parted and I could see his bed hair. I’ve never noticed it before, I mean I have, but this time it was different. He looked so hot and y in his bed hair. I liked it… a lot. Actually I loved it. A smile crept on my face and I quickly swiped it away. I tried getting up but his grip on me was so tight that I fell back down. That was when I noticed that we were sleeping on the same pillow under the same blanket. We’ve never did this before. I felt my cheeks burning and tried to get up again but fell down once more. I sighed and bit my lips.

“What are you doing?”

I stopped all my actions and looked up to see a still sleepy TaekWoon looking down at me.

“Me,” I asked pointing to my face.

He doesn’t answer and waited for me to continue.

“I wanted to get out of bed, but your grip was too tight.”

He unwraps himself off of me and lied on his back.

“Thanks,” I said sitting up. I looked over to him and his eyes were closed again. Sleeping again? I shrugged off the feeling and went to the bathroom to wash up before I made breakfast.

As breakfast was about ready I went upstairs to wake up TaekWoon to come down for it, but he was already awake. He was putting on a shirt with his back facing me.

“Breakfast is almost ready,” I said after knocking on the door.

“I’m going out.” Was all he said before walking pass by me.

“Where?” I asked but like always he didn’t reply. “Are you going to come back?” I followed him down the stairs.

He nodded his head.

“In a little while?”

He shook his head.

“Are you going to be out all day?”

He nodded.

“Where are you going?”

“My friends called and wanted to hangout. I’ll be back by five tonight.”

“Five?”

“If anything happens call me.” And with that he left without another word.

That’s weird. He never went out like this ever. Today is the first time that he has done this.

I shrugged off the feeling and went to eat my breakfast. After that I cleaned the house with blasting music so I wouldn’t feel so lonely.

It was now 3:19 pm and he hasn’t come home yet. I finished the house chores and now I had nothing to do. I guess I can catch up on my dramas then. I sat on the couch and turned off the music before I the television and started to browse the channels before I came upon one.

~Knock Knock~

The door echoes as someone bangs on it.

I got up and went to answer it. To my surprise it was TaekWoon and his friend, HakYeon.

“Hi, Mrs. Jung,” he greeted me with a smile.

“Hi.”

I looked at them and HakYeon was holding TaekWoon up by his arm while TaekWoon looked like he was bent over.

“TaekWoon got indigestion after we went out to eat. I gave him some pills but he looked very pale so I brought him home instead.”

“Oh, thank you.” I stepped aside. “Please come in. You can set him on the couch.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

I watched as HakYeon carefully took TaekWoon to the couch and set him down.

“Thanks,” TaekWoon said raspy.

“I’m going to go now. If you need anything your wife is here.”

“You can go now.”

HakYeon smiled and walked over to me once again.

“Thanks for bringing him home. I really appreciate it.”

“No problem. If anything happens just give me a call okay,” he asked with another genuine smile as he put his hand up to his ears pretending they were a cellphone.

“I will.”

“I’ll get going now, bye.”

I waved to him and closed the door behind me before I joined TaekWoon on the couch.

“Are you okay?” I asked him who looked like he was in so much pain.

He nodded his head but he looked so fragile.

Slowly, I reached my hand up to his forehead and touched it. “I’ll be right back.” I got up and ran to the bathroom and got out a needle from behind the mirror and came back to sit next to Taekwoon. He was leaning on the back of the couch, like he was earlier. Without saying anything I took his arm into my grip and started to rub his arm all the way to his fingers before I pricked it. He flinched making me flinch. “I’m sorry. This won’t take long.” I did the same thing to his other arm and finger and wiped his blood with a Kleenex. “There I’m done.”

“Thanks.”

Two hours has past and we were both still on the couch. I was still watching TV while Taekwoon was beside me asleep. All of a sudden he raised his head and looked around. He got off the couch and started to walk away. I didn’t think much of it and continued watching TV.

Thump!

I jumped and my head turned to the direction where the noise came from. I looked around and saw nothing but when I looked down Taekwoon was lying on the floor. I gasped and ran to his side before holding him into my arms. Boy he was heavy even though I wasn’t holding his entire body.

“Leo!” I shook him. “Leo!” My right hand cupped his left cheek and softly rubbed it with my thumb. “Leo.” I slightly shook him again. “Leo.” I rubbed my thumb against his cheek once more; his warm and soft cheek. “Leo.”

His eyes slowly opened and looked around before he looked up to see me.

“Are you okay.” I asked.

He doesn’t say anything but lifted his left arm to cup my right hand that was still on his cheek.

I didn’t even know they were still there.

“What happened?”

“You fainted.” Now that I’ve said that I just realized that his cheeks were burning up.

He caught a fever.

He doesn’t say anything more but removed my hand from him and pushed himself up. As he got to his feet he stumbled like a baby goat. With my reflexes I shot up like a lightning bolt and caught him before he fell once more. Boy he was heavier than before.

“Be careful.” My grip on his forearm tightened a little as I looked up at him.

“I’m fine.”

He took a step but tumbled again making me catch him.

“If you’re trying to go somewhere then I’ll take you there. Just lead the way.”

And with that he led me to the stairs. I guess he wants to go to his room.

Slowly and painfully we made our way up the stairs and into his room. When we got to his bed he practically threw himself on it bringing me along with him. As he lied on the bed I got up and he followed, but he went under the covers and shivered.

“Are you cold?” I sat beside him and touched his forehead.

Wow, he was burning up badly.

“Wait here okay? I’ll be right back.”

I ran downstairs and quickly made some rice porridge before I went upstairs and set the bowl along with a glass of water on the desk that was to the left of his bed and set it there. I walked over to the bathroom and got out some pills for him and headed back. I set the pills on the desk and picked up the porridge before walking over to sit next to him.

“Leo, I made you some porridge.”

“I don’t want any,” he said in his groggy voice.

“But you must have some so you can take your pills to subside your fever.”

He shivered once and sat up. He reached over to grab the porridge but I moved it away from him.

“I’ll feed you. Just sit and eat okay?”

He leaned on the wall and I fixed the blanket on him hoping he’d warm up then fed him the porridge. He ate well and all of it then ate his pills; such a good boy. I helped him lie back down and fixed the blanket on him as he shivered.

“Get better soon.”

I took the bowl and cup and headed back downstairs. From there I decided to make dinner. Since TaekWoon is sick I’ll make chicken soup. And so I did. After dinner was prepared about an hour has past. I headed back upstairs and saw that TaekWoon was still asleep. I have no idea what I was thinking but I walked over to him and sat beside him and stared at him. He looked so peaceful, so calm, and so handsome. My eyes observed his smooth features, his skin looked very fair, his jaw looked as sharp as a knife, and his nose came to a perfect point. His lips looked a little pale, but they were perfect. His hair looked smooth and fluffy. If you were to comb it with your fingers I bet they would go threw with no problem. Without thinking again my hand slowly approached his hair and I touched the fringes of it, barely. Like I thought, it was smooth and fluffy. My hands automatically went up and started to gently his hair. Wow, this is amazing. I quickly removed my hand and touched it with my other. A smile crept to my lips but that quickly went away when I saw TaekWoon stretch and opened his eyes. Fate was by my side. What if he saw me touching his hair? He would think I was a total freak.

“Hi.”

He doesn’t say anything but sat up and kicked the blanket away from him. He started to strip his shirt making me gasp so I turned away. I looked around trying to avoid him. I bet my cheeks were red right now. I bit my lips and saw a shirt flying in front of me. I looked back and saw TaekWoon lying back down again. He must’ve went back to sleep. Though he was wearing a wife beater this was the first time I saw him with little clothing. My heart beat traveled up to my ears and thumped uncontrollably, my cheeks felt hot and I was sure I was smiling like an idiot.

Cho Haneul stop it! I shook my head and quickly walked out of the room.

Almost another hour has past and I went to check up on Taek Woon once more. As I opened the door he was in the midst of taking off his wife beater. I gasped and closed the door.

“I’m sorry,” was all I could say.

At least it was in a steady voice.

“Did you do the laundry today,” he asked me after he opened the door.

He was in his wife beater again and his hair looked messy.

I loved that hair.

“Yeah.”

“Where’s my black t-shirt?”

“It should be in the closet.”

“I can’t find it.”

This is the first time where he actually kept going with our conversation.

He stepped aside and I walked in heading to the closet and got his black t-shirt for him.

“There you go.”

“Thanks.”

I started to walk out. “Dinner has been ready. Come down and eat.” I left the room and went to heat up the soup once more.

As I was in the midst of doing it, TaekWoon came down and sat on the chair in front of the table and waited for me to serve him.

The broth boiled and I got a bowl for him. I took it and set it in front of him.

“Enjoy.”

I gave him his spoon and he started to eat while I went to get myself one. I sat across from him and we both sat in silence.

After a while he got up and washed his bowl. Before he could exit the kitchen I stopped him by calling out his name. I got up and touched his forehead. “Your fever went down.”

I could feel him staring at me but I was ignoring his eyes.

“Just take another pill and you’ll be fine for tonight.”

He exited the kitchen and I went to sit back down to finish my dinner.

“Ahem.”

I lifted my head and saw TaekWoon standing in front of me with his hands shoved into his pants pockets.

“Thanks,” he paused then continued, “for everything that you’ve done today; and every day; and for paying my parents trip”

“It’s nothing. You don’t have to thank me.”

He bit his lips and cleared his throat. “You should go out tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“You know,” he paused again, “for a break.”

“I don’t need a break.”

“I think you do.”

“Then, am I going out with you?”

“No.” He shook his head.

“Oh.” My heart ached a little. “With whom then?”

“HakYeon and the guys.”

Why would he want me to hang out with them? “Thanks but I’d rather not go.”

He doesn’t say anything and walked away.

That night I repeated my steps from the night before: took a shower, went to check all the doors if they were locked, and turned off the light then headed upstairs to my room –the one I barged out of.

“Where are you going?”

Oh great, my mind's playing tricks on me again.

“I said where are you going?”

Wait a minute. That wasn’t my mind playing tricks on me that was TaekWoon. I backed up to his room and saw him sitting on the bed with a book in his hands.

“Sleep.”

“Where?”

“In that room,” I said pointing to the room that I couldn’t sleep in last night.

“Again?”

I nodded.

He closed his book and got out of bed to go over to his desk and set his book down. He then went back to the bed and grabbed his pillow and blanket before throwing his pillow on the ground next to the bed and sat down fixing the blanket on top of him.

“Go get your stuff and sleep here tonight.”

I wanted to protest but I couldn’t so I did as I was told.

 

I woke up later that night from a noise that I couldn’t distinguish. I lifted my head and looked around the dark room. Then I sat up and looked to my side. I saw TaekWoon sleeping soundly still, but it looked like he was shivering. I got out of bed and headed to the desk to turn on the lamp before I made my way back to him. He was shivering and not only that but he was sweating. I gasped and sat down next to him. I touched his forehead and he was burning hot. His fever was back.

“Leo?” I shook him slightly. “Leo?”

His tired eyes opened and he shivered pulling the blanket closer to him.

“Can you get up?”

He shook his head.

“I’ll help you. Come on.” I pulled on his arm but he pulled back.

“What are you doing?”

“Your fever is back. You have to sleep on the bed.”

“You have to sleep on the bed.”

“Leo, come on stop being stubborn.”

I tugged on his arm again but he pulled away.

“Jung TaekWoon.”

He looked up at me and that was when I realized what I just said.

I’m so dead but I had to keep my stance. He’s sick and needs to be nurtured.

“Come on.” I tugged on his arm again and this time he didn’t pull away.

I helped him get on the bed and covered him with my blanket then got his and covered him with that as well but he still looked so cold.

“I’ll be right back.” I said assuring him that I won’t be leaving his side.

I quickly walked downstairs and heated up the chicken soup that I made earlier and got the pills I gave him earlier before I headed back upstairs. I helped him up and fed him the soup while he held onto the blanket. I think the soup helped him warm up a little but after he finished the soup he ate the pills and drunk the water making him shiver once again. I left the bowl and cup on the desk and helped him lie down. I fixed the blanket on him and wiped away his sweat on his forehead.

“Get well soon.” I said as soft as I could.

I left the lamp on and lied down on the ground where he was earlier since his pillow was still there and closed my eyes.

After not even ten seconds, I heard TaekWoon shivered once again so I sat up and turned my body to face him who had his eyes closed and curled up into a ball.

He must be very cold.

I wiped his sweat again and stared at him. I didn’t know what to do. What am I supposed to do?

He kept shivering and more sweat kept coming. At least he’s sweating. He’ll sweat the fever away and feel better soon, but as of now I couldn’t watch him shiver anymore. I got up and lied in bed with him. I took the covers and scooted closer to him before I pulled the blanket on top of us. Though it was a little awkward I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled myself closer to him hoping I’d warm him up. My head was resting beside his and we were so close to each other I could feel his fever heat radiating onto me.

“What are you doing,” he asked me with his hoarse voice as he looked at me. “If you wanted the bed then you should’ve kept on sleeping here.”

His fingers wrapped around my arms and were ready to unhook me off of him but that only made me hold him tighter.

“No! I’m not doing this because I want the bed. You look so miserable that I only wanted to help.”

He unhooked his fingers off of me and placed them elsewhere.

“It’ll be better if you didn’t do this.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so.”

“Last night was a mistake. I promise you I won’t sleep with you again. I’ll leave after you stop shivering.”

He didn’t say anything and turned his back on me.

Okay I guess it's better this way.

My arms were still hooked on his waist and clinging onto to him, but I promised him. After he stops shivering I’ll go back to the ground and sleep there.

Almost an hour has past and his shivers finally died down. His back was still towards me and I was so close to going off to dreamland. I yawned and let go of him. I got ready to go to sleep on the ground and turned my back on him as well and as I was ready to get up I felt TaekWoon move then all of a sudden his arms around me. I froze as he pulled me closer to him.

Great what am I supposed to do now? I can’t get out of his grip and I don’t want to wake him up.

I turned my body and he pulled me closer closing the gap between us. Our faces were inches apart making me hold my breath.

“Leo?” I whispered poking him. “Leo?” I said a little louder this time. “Leo.” I poked him harder and he squirmed.

“Stop it.”

He held me tighter and I closed my eyes afraid our lips would touch. Gladly it didn’t. I opened my eyes and looked down. They were right there: pink and plump. I swallowed and looked up to see his closed eyes. I’ve never noticed it until now but his eyelashes were actually very long. My eyes traveled down to his nose again and I admired that. My eyes then traveled to his hair; I wanted to touch it again, but I can’t. And that was the last thing I remembered.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Second update! Are you enjoying it so far? If you are subscribe, comment, and upvote! ^^

 

Shoutout to:

mealex (for subscribing) & pogikosobrashet  (for commenting)

Love you guys! Come again! ^^