One

My Home

“Have a safe trip.” I waved to my in laws as they got into their car.

“We’ll be back in a month,” mother in law chorused as she waved back to me.

“See you soon! Have fun,” Jung TaekWoon, my husband, said loud and clear for everyone in this world to hear.

Wow, that was the first time in a long time where I actually heard his voice. He’s usually quiet and keeps to himself. We don’t get along very often. Well, we don’t speak to each other very often. I’m usually the one who comes up with the conversations that last not even for more than five seconds. How did I meet a guy like him? My parents, they set me up on a blind date with him and then we got married. Why? I wasn’t getting younger and they were getting older. They want their grandchildren to be born before they go. Typical. Do I love this guy? Maybe not love but like. He isn’t bad actually. He just doesn’t talk much. He has everything that a lady looks for: great looks, an excellent personality, he even knows how to cook. But of course they always have flaws to them and TaekWoon has many, too many to name off.

My in laws drove off and we both go back inside. I closed the door behind us and TaekWoon headed upstairs.

“Leo, wait.” I called for him.

Leo, a nickname his friends gave to him and, apparently, he only wants us to call him that except his parents.

He turned around and waited for me to continue.

“Are you hungry?”

He shook his head and headed upstairs to his room now both ours.

We’ve been married for at least two months now. How do I keep up with him? I don’t know I just do. You know that feeling when you like someone and want to help them out? That’s how I feel about TaekWoon; he needed help to get out of his own bubble, but after all these months of trying I don’t think I can crack that bubble open.

I pressed my lips together and headed to the kitchen to look in the fridge to see what there was to eat.

 

The day was almost over and TaekWoon was still up in his room. What was he doing up there? He hasn’t even come down to eat dinner yet. Walking up the stairs I headed towards our room and knocked on the door before calling out his name.

“Leo?” But he doesn’t answer. “Leo?” I knocked the door once again before opening it. “Leo?” He was on the bed reading a book. “Are you hungry?” He shook his head and continued to read. “You sure?” He nodded his head without looking over at me. “Since mom and dad are out I can go sleep in the other room now.” He nodded his head. I pressed my lips together again and closed the door leaving him alone once again.

It’s 7:23 pm, as of now, and I’m watching a horror movie by myself. Boy do I regret it. It was so scary. There were so many jump scenes, but I continued to watch it holding onto a pillow in my arms. No matter how scary it was, I wanted to finish it.

9:31 pm.

Finally the movie was over. I turned off the tv and got up before I looked around the house. The big quiet cold house. Even though TaekWoon was upstairs in our room I felt as if I was the only one left. I hugged my body and headed upstairs to our room. I got my clothes and went to take a shower. After that I did what we women had to do and then went downstairs to check the doors and the windows if they were locked. After that I turned off the lights and headed up stairs to our room where I got my pillow and another blanket before going to the other room that was two doors away from TaekWoon’s bedroom. I opened the door and looked around. It was cold and quiet just like the living room. I sighed and headed in, after I shut the door behind me. As I approached the bed I placed the pillow and blanket down before I tried to go to dreamland.

10:23 pm.

TaekWoon was probably sleeping right? He’s usually asleep by now. And so would I but what’s wrong with me right now? Why can’t I sleep? I looked around the unfamiliar room and grasped the blanket tighter. I don’t know if it was just me but I kept hearing weird noises and I swear I could feel something crawling on me.

Cho Haneul, it’s probably nothing. You’re just thinking too much. You’re being paranoid after that movie. Oh no that movie! Don’t think about it! Darn it too late!! That ghost! Her face! Her screeching! I shook my head and closed my eyes but all I saw was her face so I quickly opened my eyes. This is going to be a long night.

Her voice. Her screeching. Her face.

Without a second thought I dashed out the room and ran towards TaekWoon. I didn’t dare to knock but barged right in and closed the door behind me before I got into bed with him. I curled up by his side and hid my face into his back. I felt him twitch and then move away from me.

“What are you doing here,” he asked me in his groggy voice as he looked down at me with his tired eyes.

“I’m scared.”

“Of what?”

He sounded a little irritated.

“I thought I kept hearing weird noises and something crawling on me.”

He doesn’t say anything else but lied back down and headed off to dreamland.

I’m such a burden.

I got off the bed and slept on the ground –where he usually slept when his parents were home– without a pillow or a blanket.

“What are you doing,” he asked me as he looked over the edge of the bed over to me.

“Sleeping.”

“On the ground?”

“Well, I thought that you didn’t want me to,” I never even finished my sentence and headed back up to the bed.

The look he gave me was no joke. So I went back to the spot that I was earlier and lied there without a pillow or a blanket with my back facing him. I curled up to a ball and scooted to the edge of the bed and finally headed to dreamland.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: First update!! Sorry for any gramatical errors, but I hope you all enjoyed this short update! Keep reading! ^-^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Look he's smiling!!!! /(^-^)\ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ )

tumblr_njw6npEUPD1rk6xd7o4_500.gif

( Gif credit to rightful owner)