Five

My Home

A day has gone by, but it feels like a week.

Two days have gone by, but it feels like a month.

Three days have gone by, but it feels like a year.

Four days have gone by, but it feels like a decade.

Five days have gone by, but it feels like a century.

Six days have gone by, but it feels like an eternity.

I’ve been in the house with nothing to do but mourn.

I miss him. I miss his touch, his silence, his voice, his smile, his scent, everything. I wish I was back home with him and not here.

Everytime I think about him, my heart aches and tears form a puddle in my eyes.

Today was a saturday and the sun was just about to set. I was in my room looking out the window when I heard my name being called. It was mother.

“Your father and I got invited to the Kim’s dinner party. Want to tag along,” mother asked as she walked into my room.

“No.”

“You sure? I’m sure there are going to be plenty of nice looking young men there looking for a bride.”

No one is going to beat TaekWoon.

“I’m not going.”

“Suit yourself then.”

Mother left the room and pretty soon I heard there car leaving.

This was the first time since I got here where they left me alone.

My eyes brightened up.

I could use this time to find my phone and call TaekWoon.

Immediately I stood up and ran out my room but stopped. Why would I waste my time finding my phone when I can use the house phone to call him? I ran straight to the phone. I picked it up and started to dial TaekWoon’s number. It rung once.

Is he going to pick up?

Twice.

Pick up.

Three times.

He’s not going to pick up.

Four times.

I should just~

“Hello?”

He picked up! His voice. It sounded the same.

I can just imagine his tall lean body standing there looking out into space as he had his phone up against his ear. Or if he’s sitting down. His longs legs. His arms crossed.

Tears were welling up again in my eyes as I just imagine those scenarios. I bit my lips and quietly took a deep breath.

If only I could see him again.

“Hi.” I finally said and I was so glad I didn’t tremble. “Have you been well?”

“Mmm.” Was all he said.

A tear finally escaped my eyes.

“Have you been eating your meals regularly?”

“Mmm.”

I took another deep breath as I tried to control my beating hurting heart.

“I’m glad you’re fine.”

“Are you having a good time?”

I cleared my throat. How was I supposed to answer that question? How was I supposed to tell him the truth?

“Actually,” I said after a long pause. “I have something to tell you.”

“Your parent’s opposed to our marriage?”

My eyes widen. “How did you know?”

“You called me when you were having the argument with your mother the day they came to pick you up.”

“I called you?”

He doesn’t say anything, but I can see him nodding his head.

“I don’t remember calling you.”

“You probably dialed me then.”

I bit my lips and held back my tears.

“I’m sorry. They’ve been very strict and won’t let me leave unless I have a supervisor with me. They took away my phone and won’t let me contact you.” That was it. I broke down. “They went out just now so I took the opportunity to call you. I don’t know when they we be back.”

“Don’t cry.”

I could hear a hint of sadness in his voice.

“How can I not? I miss you, Leo.”

Silence.

Silence.

“I don’t want to get you in deeper trouble.”

I took a deep breath. “I know.”

“But I promise you I’ll come get you. I’ll talk to them and clear up anything that is unclear to them.”

“I tried already, they won’t listen to me.”

“Maybe they’ll listen to me. Promise me you won’t go anywhere. Wait for me.”

“I promise.” I said nodding my head.

And with that the line went silent.

 

I was looking into the distance as the cool breeze blew through my hair when all of a sudden I heard my name being called. I turned my head and looked around to find no one there.

“Cho Haneul!”

I squinted my eyes and finally saw a blurry figure. It was tall and lean. It was in a white dress shirt that was neatly tucked into his black dress pants.

“Cho Haneul.”

The figure finally became clear and that person turned out to be TaekWoon.

“Leo.”

I walked to him, and with each step that I took I felt as if I was getting further and further away from him. I started to run towards him, but that didn’t help.

TaekWoon all of a sudden turned his back towards me making my heart skipped a beat.

“No.”

He started to walk away.

“No! Leo!”

He started to disappear into the distance.

“Don’t go!”

I closed and opened my eyes. I was in bed sweating. My room was dark. The only light that could be seen was the moon shining in through the window. All of a sudden I saw a shadow casting inside my room. It slightly knocked on my glass.

“Cho Haneul,” I heard someone whisper. “Cho Haneul.”

I got out of bed and walked over to my window. My eyes widen and I opened it.

“What are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t sleep.”

“But when my parents find out that you’re here who knows what they’ll do.”

He shook his head.

A cold breeze blew by making the both of us shiver. I stepped to the side and told him to come in which he did. He climbed up and over the window into my room.

“You must be crazy coming here this late at night.” I looked over at the clock. “It’s three in the morning.”

He doesn’t answer, but I’m totally fine with it. I missed it. All I needed was his presence. But what he did next surprised me. He scooped me into his arms and carried me to my bed making me squeak.

“What are you doing?”

He doesn’t say anything and continued.

“Leo.”

He lied me down and got into bed with me.

“Leo.” I repeated.

“Just for tonight,” he finally said, “just for tonight.”

He pulled me into his arms and rested his chin on my head.

I’ve missed this. I’ve missed him. I buried my face into his broad chest before taking a deep breath savoring his scent. I closed my eyes and lied completely still in his arms. He felt so warm so~

“Cho Haneul!”

My eyes immediately opened and my head jerked up to my door. My eyes widen.

“Mom.”

She stormed to our side and I hid my face in TaekWoon’s chest with my eyes closed.

“Cho Haneul!” Mom repeated my name. “Cho Haneul!”

I’m surprised mother isn’t doing anything.

“Cho Haneul!”

I opened my eyes and saw mom towering over me.

“Get up, your father and I have news for you.”

“What kind of news.” I asked still sleepy.

“Wash your face; brush your teeth and come downstairs. I’ll explain everything then.” She smiled and left the room.

I groaned and stretched before I turned over. Then that dream popped into my head.

TaekWoon was here. Beside me. My hand went over the surface where he was in my dream, next to me on my bed, and a tear came down my eyes. I wish he was here with me in reality.

I walked to the living room and saw both my parents sitting on the couch waiting for me. I walked over to them and sat down on another couch and waited for them to talk.

“Oh good,” mother beamed, “you’re here. Last night at the Kim’s dinner party we met their son, Kim Myungsoo, he’s the sweetest thing ever and the next CEO of his father’s company, Spotted Wear. We made an appointment with him to meet you a week from today. I have a feeling that this one is going to work. You’ll love him.”

I stared into space.

No one will ever be as sweet as TaekWoon.

“That’s what you said when you set me up with Leo.”

“That’s because we thought that poor bum was actually a decent guy.”

“He may be poor, but he has the richest heart I’ve ever seen.”

“Haneul.”

“No.”

“What?”

“I’m not meeting him so cancel the date.”

“Cho Haneul.”

“Mother, I used to look up to you. You used to be my role model. I used to think that you were the coolest, but with your actions that you’ve shown me for the past few days just proven to me that what I thought of you was wrong. You too father. I’m very disappointed in the both of you.”

I got up and walked to my room not wanting to hear anything else. I closed the door and leaned my head on it before tears came streaming down once more.

My head hurts. My heart hurts. Everything hurts.

“Haneul,” I heard mom say as she knocked on the door. “Honey?”

I slowly got up and twisted the knob letting the door open.

“I just called him. You’re not going on the date.”

I didn’t say anything.

“You’re still not allowed to see TaekWoon.”

I shut the door and leaned on it.

After some minutes I heard their car drove off. I was alone again. I walked over to me bed and lied down.

The day was almost over and I still haven’t done anything. I’ve lied in bed looking at the wall blankly. I haven’t ate. I haven’t been active. I feel like a piece of junk.

All of a sudden, I heard a knock on my window. I lifted my head to see what it was, but saw nothing. I lied my head back down and the knock came back. I dragged myself out of bed and walked over to the window. I bet I looked like a zombie, but I could care less. As I approached the window my eyes widen. My whole body froze, but my arm. It went up to the window and caressed it. Is this a dream or reality? He’s standing right in front of me.

He tapped the window and motioned for me to open the window.

I did as I was told.

Once the window was wide opened for the both of us to see each other clearly he said, “Hi.”

I didn’t say anything back.

He climbed through the window and into my room.

“Have you been well,” he asked looking at me.

This wasn’t a dream correct? This was real?

“What are you doing here,” I finally said.

“I said I’d come get you.”

“And you’re coming now? My parent’s aren’t home.”

“I know I called them.”

My heart skipped a beat. “And what did they say?”

“They didn’t approve.”

My heart sunk.

“Have you been well?” I asked changing the subject. “You’ve been eating your meals right? And how’s the house? Have you been cleaning it? There are no dishes stack in the sink?”

He looked at me and I could see the sadness in his eyes.

“And you’re sleeping well?”

“How have you been,” he asked avoiding all my questions.

I don’t say anything, but looked away as he walked towards me.

“You haven’t been eating right? You look really skinny. Your eyes look puffy. You look weak and fragile.”

He took my hand into his.

His touch. I’ve missed it and now I’ve finally got to touch him.

“Leo,” I said tears verging out of my eyes. “My parent’s aren’t home and you can’t talk to them so I suggest you leave and come again later. I don’t want them to get the wrong idea.”

“No,” he said shaking his head.

“Leo, I don’t want us to be separated any further than this.” A tear finally escaped.

“Are you trying to push me away,” he asked tightening his grip on me a little.

“No! I just don’t want them to get the wrong idea.”

He doesn’t say anything and gripped his hands even tighter around mine.

“Leo, you’re hurting me.” I tried twisting my wrist out if his grip, but he was stronger than I was. The more I struggled the more he tightened his grip. “Leo.” I struggled more. “Jung Leo!” But he still wouldn’t let go. “Jung TaekWoon!” His grips loosened but I still couldn’t get my wrist out of his grip.

“Didn’t I tell you not to call me by my name?”

“Well, if you’d listen to me than I wouldn't have to.”

He walked closer to me.

“Say my name again.”

I looked at him weird.

“You just told me not to.”

“Again.”

“Jung TaekWoon.” I whispered after a pause.

“Again.” He came closer to me and leaned his head in towards mine.

“Jung TaekWoon,” I said louder this time.

“Again.” He leaned in more.

“Jung TaekWoon.”

“Again.”

“Jung Taek~”

My eyes widen. Is this a dream or reality?

I blinked a few times. It’s reality.

My heart fluttered and I was flying. The quiet, who doesn’t show his emotions, Jung TaekWoon, was kissing me right now with so much passion. His hand slid down to mine before he interlocked his fingers with mine and pulled me closer to him. He tilted his head to the right more and took me in deeper. I never knew he was this skilled, this sweet, and this romantic. My eyes shut and I finally kissed him back. This was the best kiss I’ve ever had. It felt like life had meaning again. I could live again. How I hoped time would stop so we could stay in this moment forever, but moments like this doesn’t last. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead on mine as his eyes were still closed as if he was savoring the moment while mine slowly opened. He was so close, yet he felt so far. He finally opened his eyes and looked into mine.

I bet I was blushing like crazy right now. My cheeks felt hot. My lips felt hot but numb. But TaekWoon didn’t move and neither did I.

“Cho Haneul,” he finally said, “I love you.”

My whole world just turned right side up. The only downside to this were my parents.

“Will you go home with me?”

I sighed and took my hands out of his looking away. “But my parents.”

He cupped my cheeks and looked into my eyes.

“I’ll take care of that.”

“But,”

“Shh,” he smiled, “let’s go home.”

“Leo.”

“TaekWoon. Call me that instead.”

I was so confused.

“Pack your stuff and let's go.”

“But,”

“Trust me okay?”

He lead me to my closet and helped me packed my clothes.

I was still very confused.

 

We reached home. It looked the same. He did tend to it.

I closed the door and TaekWoon took my luggage heading for the stairs.

“Leo,” I called stopping him,” Uh I mean, TaekWoon.” He turned around and waited for me to continue. “I think it’ll be best if you took me home again. Mom said if I came back here she’d come get me no matter what.”

He sets the luggage down and walked over to me taking my hands into his.

“Don’t you trust me?”

“I do. But I don’t want us to be separated any further than this.”

He pulled me into his embrace and rested his chin on my head.

“We won’t be separated anymore.”

I made a face.

“What do you mean?”

“I talked to them. They said they were sorry. They won’t bother us anymore. They’re embarrassed because of the actions that they’ve made. It was painful to see you locked up in your room. You didn’t eat, you didn’t sleep, and you weren’t being active. They were worried about you.”

I smiled and finally hugged him back. He was nice and relaxed.

“I’ve been worried about you too.”

“Thank you.”

We stood in silence. The only thing that could be heard was our heartbeats. His was in a race and so was mine.

“Cho Haneul,” he said breaking the silence, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I smiled.

He broke the hug and cupped my cheeks making me look at him.

“I promise you I will be a better husband to you from now on. I know I have a lot of flaws and I’m trying to fix them. If you would just bare with me I promise I’ll give you everything that I couldn’t give you in the past and give them to you now.”

I shook my head and smiled.

“You were always the best for me. You’re the most amazing husband I’ve ever had. You’re the only one for me in this world. You don’t have to change at all. I like the old you. You don’t have to change yourself just so I can be by your side because no matter what I’ll always be by you.”

He smiled back and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and my arms went to encircle his neck and pulled him closer to me while he slipped his arms around my body that was eaten by his once again.

Even though they’ve made a mistake and caused me a lot of pain, I’d still forgive them because I’m finally home. This was my home. He was my home: Jung TaekWoon.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey everyone!! It's been a while since I've updated right? I'm very sorry and the story came to an end already. But don't worry! I've been busy writing the sequel! So if you want to read it then click on the link and continue the story! Thank you for my new subscribers and commenters! I love you all!! Even my silent readers!! 

 

tumblr_mjyyrsnZue1s5nmiso1_500.gif

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/971016/  <------ I don't know why it's not working. Is it just me? But if you want to read the sequel then just go into my stories and click on My Love. Thank you! ^^

 

****If you guys didn't notice, Kim Myungsoo or L of Infinite OR my ultimate bias ^-^ was a cameo, though his name was mentioned only.**** 

 

 

 

*The gif doesnt beong to me. Nothing does except for the story line. Credit to their rightful owners.*