Four

My Home

A man and a woman were on the bed. She was screaming at the top of her lungs for help while he held her down.

I wanted to go help but I felt as if my legs couldn’t move at all. It felt like they were glued to the ground. I was standing about ten feet away from them.

She continued to cry and he continued to do what he wanted to do with her. She turned her face towards my direction and he moved his head.

My eyes widen and my mouth dropped. My hands went to cover my opened mouth and tears filled my eyes.

That screaming lady on the bed was me. That guy was that disgusting old guy.

I closed my eyes hoping her scream would fade. Hoping everything would fade.

Why am I here again? Why am I experiencing this awful moment again? Why?

I, on the bed, screamed and I, who could move my legs, screamed.

Opening my eyes I looked around the dark room. I could feel that i was sweated and I was still sweating.

That awful feeling came back. I felt dirty and unclean.

I looked to my right and saw TaekWoon still soundly asleep. I didn’t want to disturb him so I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep again, but I couldn’t. The fact that TaekWoon, who was still untouched, and I, who is now dirty, on the same bed made me feel even worse. I sat up and got out of the bed quietly and with little movement before I went to grab my towel and headed for the bathroom to take another shower. When I got out I was rubbing my hair with the towel when I saw TaekWoon standing in front of me. He still looked sleepy with his bed hair, but he still asked me,

“What are you doing that late at night?”

“I… I was taking a shower.”

“You took one already before we went to bed.”

“I felt dirty.”

He didn’t say anything but extended his hand to me before he gripped my arm then pulled me and walked to me and held me in his embrace.

I don’t know when, but tears were already rolling down my eyes. I buried my head into his broad chest and cried. He felt very stiff, but that doesn’t matter right now. All that matters was he was here for me. He’s willing to be by my side even if he doesn’t want to be; he’s willing to go through this with me. He’s telling me to be strong; he’ll be with me no matter what not with his words, but his actions.

I woke up this morning to emptiness. TaekWoon wasn’t by my side like he was every morning. The room felt cold and lifeless.

He doesn’t care about me. I was wrong to think of that about him.

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up before I headed downstairs. As I got closer to the kitchen the smell of breakfast lingered in the air. I  turned the corner and there he was. He was making something on the stove so his broad back was facing me. A smile came across my face.

He woke up earlier then me just to make breakfast.

I looked at the table and saw the already made food sitting there waiting for us to eat it.

He did care for me.

He turned off the stove and turned around. We made eye contact for a second before he broke it. Instead he picked up the pan by the handle and walked over to the table and poured the eggs onto the empty plates that sat in front of where we were going to sit. He then sat the pan down on the stove once again before making his way back to where he was going to sit: across from me.

“I know you’re not feeling too well so I made breakfast,” he finally said.

“Thank you,” I replied back with a smile. He walked over to me and pulled out my chair gesturing for me me to sit.

“You didn’t have to,” I said as I walked over to sit down. He pushed in the chair for me and then went back to sit in his own chair.

After eating we did our usual routine: I washed and rinsed the dishes while he wiped and put them away. I turned off the faucet since I was already done and turned around. His back was facing me as he was still putting the dishes away. All of a sudden the funniest question came to my mind: was he ticklish? Without thinking I walked over to him and poked him on his side with my right pointer finger. He didn’t have any reaction, he only turned around to look at me. I quickly retrieved my finger and looked away.

“What are you doing,” he asked me.

“Uh.”

I’m screwed. Make up an excuse!

“You had a fuzz on your shirt and I just wanted to get it for you.”

What kind of excuse was that Cho Haneul?!

He didn’t reply and went back to what he was doing.

Later that day I was in our room gathering our dirty laundry while TaekWoon was on the bed reading a book.

“Leo?”

He doesn’t move.

“Are you ticklish?”

My eyes widen. What did I just ask?

He doesn’t reply. He’s not going to reply. Don’t reply.

Silence.

Just keep gathering the laundry and get out of here.

“Only some parts.” He replied.

“Oh.”

He closed his book and looked at me.

“Is that why you poked me this morning?”

*#@%!

“No, you had a fuzz on you and I was just getting it for you.”

He doesn’t say anything else so I took the opportunity to walk away quickly.

As I was putting the clothes into the washing machine I all of a sudden felt a finger poke my side making me gasp and jump. I quickly turned around and saw TaekWoon right in front of me.

“What are you doing,” I asked as I gasped for a little air.

“You had a fuzz on your shirt so I just wanted to help you by getting it.”

He’s using my own words on me. He’s on to me!

“Thank you.” Was all I said before I went back to put the clothes into the machine. As I was in the midst of doing that I felt his arms going to my waist again and started to tickle me. I laughed and crunched down as I tried taking his arm off of me, but I couldn’t he was too strong. “Stop!!!” Was all I could get out and, “Ahh!!!!” But he still didn’t. I somehow then turned my body and continued to try to get his hands off of me. And then I saw a glimpse, a small glimpse, of the corner of his mouth going up. He was smiling. He was smiling! “Jung TaekWoon!” And with that he stopped his actions and his cold expression came back.

“What?”

His hands were still on me so I quickly shook them off of me.

“Uh, Leo?”

“What did you call me just now?”

I’m screwed.

“Jung TaekWoon.” I whispered and looked away.

“I thought I told you not to call me that.”

“You did.” I said my head popping back up and looked him in the eyes.

I didn’t mean to do that. I looked down and my hands immediately came together.

“I’m sorry.”

“I only let the others go because you were in danger,” he took a step closer to me. “but this time I won’t let it go.” He took another step forward and I took a step back. We continued to do that until I hit the washing machine and couldn’t go anywhere anymore. He, on the other hand, continued walking to me and leaned on me until there was just enough space for a little bit of air to go between us.

*&%@! I have to do something quick. Run!

I turned my body to the left hoping to escape, but he extended his arm and trapped me.

“You’re going to get a punishment,” he said as he leaned in towards me.

I gulped. What is he going to do?

He continued to lean in until we were so close that I swear my cheeks were burning red.

Is he going to kiss me?

I tried avoiding eye contact or making any contact with him, but as I thought of the word: kiss, my eyes went straight to his lips. They were so close yet so far. As they came to meet mine in a centimeter away he stopped and I held my breath.

What is he going to do now?

I waited for which felt like an eternity.

“You’re only going to make me lunch. You can have my leftovers, but that’s it. You can’t make your own lunch.”

And with that he left.

I continued breathing again. My hands went up to my cheeks and cupped them. They felt so hot. I bet I was blushing like crazy.

 

“Mom. Dad. What are you doing here,” I asked as I opened the door to my parents.

“We came here to visit you, honey,” mom said.

A smile came across my face as I invited them in.

“Where did your in laws go,” father asked.

“They went on vacation. Please sit. I’m still making lunch for Leo so I’ll be right back.”

“Leo,” mother asked as they both sat down.

“Oh, just a little nickname I like to call TaekWoon.”

They didn’t know that TaekWoon didn’t like it when I called him by his real name.

I went into the kitchen and finished up the food that I was making. As I finished, I was going to head upstairs to fetch TaekWoon, but when I got to the living room he was already there talking to my parents.

What a pleasant surprise.

“Leo, lunch is ready.”

He showed his sacred smile to my parents before he bowed to them and left to the kitchen.

I walked over to my parents and sat down with them but on another couch.

“Did you eat already?” I asked my parents.

“We ate already,” father said.

“Why aren’t you eating,” mother asked, “did you eat already?”

“Oh,”

How am I supposed to explain this to them?

“Leo and I played a game and the punishment was for the loser to eat the leftovers of the winners lunch and I lost.”

Mother scowled.

“What kind of man would do that to his wife?”

“Mom, it’s okay. I’m not even that hungry.”

“He’s going to eat everything. I know men. I live with one and they eat a lot.”

“Mom.”

“Haneul,” I heard TaekWoon calling for me.

I looked up and saw him waiting for me at the end of the hallway.

“Excuse me,” I told my parents, “Leo’s calling for me.”

I got up and walked over to TaekWoon who had his arms crossed.

“Is something wrong?” I asked.

“I’m done eating you can eat now.”

“Already?”

He doesn’t say anything, but walked over to my parents and talked to them again.

That was weird. Did he even eat for five minutes?

I walked into the kitchen and saw the food that I had prepared for him. They were barely touched. He probably took a bite out of it and that was all. Did he not like it? I sat down and tasted every dish I made. They tasted fine. Maybe he’s sick again? I shrugged off the feeling and ate. As I was in the midst of eating mother came in and sat next to me.

“Hi, mom. Want to eat?”

She shook her head. “I have something to tell you.”

“Yeah?”

“I want you to come live with us for a couple of days. So after you’re done eating go pack your stuff.”

“Okay. Have you told Leo?”

“We have, but he’s not going.”

“He’s not?”

“No, I want to spend time with my daughter and my daughter only. Hurry okay?”

“Alright.”

Mother smiled and left me alone once again.

That was weird. Really weird. Mother told me that she wanted me to spend time with her, but why are my guts telling me a different story?

 

As I folded my clothes and put them into my suitcase I heard TaekWoon walking into the room. He sat on the bed and looked at the ground.

“Mom and dad said you were going to go live with them for a couple of days?”

“Yes. Mom told me she wanted to spend time with me.”

He doesn’t say anything.

“And you’re not going.”

“I’ve heard.”

I continued to fold my clothes while TaekWoon rubbed his hands together.

“Have fun. Hurry back.”

I nodded and smiled. “Alright.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Leo?”

He doesn’t answer but I know he’s listening because he’s like that. That’s part of his charm.

“Did you not eat your lunch at all? It looked like you barely touched your food.”

“The taste was really bad. I didn’t like it.”

“Oh.” I frowned. “I’m sorry. If you want to I can go make something again.”

“No.”

“Okay.”

 

“Come on honey,” mother called for me.

“Coming.”

I’m still upstairs getting my purse ready. My suitcase was already downstairs.

“Mom and dad are waiting for you,” TaekWoon came and told me. “You shouldn’t make them wait for too long.”

“I’m ready.” I said as I strapped my purse on.

TaekWoon turned his body to go, but I stopped him by calling out his name. He stopped and turned back to face me. I know this is going to be awkward, but I’m going to do it anyway because I won’t get to see him, feel him, or even smell him. I walked up to him and gave him a hug. He felt really tense, but that was okay. I held him tightly in my arms and took in a deep breath. I’m going to miss him for the next few days.

What he did surprised me. He put his arms around me, but they still felt stiff. Anything is fine though. At least he was showing back affection towards me. I felt so safe in his arms. His chest was broad and he pretty much ate my whole body with his.

“Haneul.”

We broke the hug and looked to where the voice came from. Mom.

“Hurry.”

“Coming.”

She left and I looked down.

“Be sure to wake up early to eat breakfast. Make sure to eat lunch and dinner too. Wash the dishes after you get done eating so the rice doesn't stick onto the plates. Sleep early. Exercise too. Take care of yourself make sure you don’t get any cuts okay? It could lead to an infection. Don’t get a fever again because I won’t be here to take care of you.”

He nodded his head.

I headed downstairs and he followed. As I exited the house I walked over to the car where my parents were at already. As I was going to open the door I suddenly remembered something. I quickly turned back and saw that TaekWoon was at the door watching us. I ran over to him and he looked at me shocked.

“The laundry. I forgot about the laundry. It’s still in the washer.”

“Cho Haneul,” mother yelled for me.

“Go, I’ll dry them and hang them.”

“Make sure you read the labels before you dry them. Some you have to hang dry. The others should be tumble dry only so you can dry them however you’d like them to be dried.”

He nodded his head.

“Bye.”

I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. For the first time we held each other's gaze as if we were going to be separated forever.

“Cho Haneul!”

“You better go,” TaekWoon said breaking our gaze.

“Yeah.”

I gave him another hug before I headed back to the car. He was still stiff, but I’m going to miss that so much.

“Did you pack everything you needed,” mother asked as father drove down the road.

“Yes.”

“Everything?”

Mom was being weird.

“Everything I need for the next few days.”

“But you won’t be going back.”

“What?”

“You’re going to live with us from now on.”

“Leo’s coming too? Or I’m just visiting you guys?”

“No, you’re not going back. He’s not going to visit you you’re not going to visit him.”

A pain shot in my heart.

“Why? Why are you doing this?”

“I’m just doing what’s best for you.”

“When I didn’t want to marry him you said it’ll be best for me if I married him.”

“You didn’t want to marry him. Your dream is coming true aren’t you happy?”

“No! No! No, I’m not! I grew to like him. I’m fond of him now. He doesn’t bother me anymore.”

“But he’s a bully and doesn’t protect you.”

“Mom, what are you talking about?”

“I heard what happened when you left him with his friends to go to the zoo.”

God words spread so fast these days.

“He came and got me.”

“Why would he do that in the first place?”

“He was preparing dinner for me and didn’t want me to know. He wanted to thank me for all I’ve done for him and his family.”

“Doesn’t sound like it to me.”

“Mom!” I sighed. “Dad, are you not going to do anything about this?”

“Sorry, honey. I agree with your mother.”

I growled, “this doesn’t make sense at all!”

“This makes perfect sense. You can’t meet him. You can’t call him.”

“Mom!”

“Give me your phone.”

“Mom!”

“Now!”

I pouted and roughly handed my phone over to mother.

“Thank you,” she said with a smile which ticked me even more.

 

We arrived at my house. It looked the same. I missed it but I was still furious. I still can’t believe mom and dad would do such a thing.

“Okay,” mother said, “we’re here!”

“Can you please take me home?”

“You are home.”

“To Leo.”

“No. He’s not a good husband at all. I feel so blinded to have married you to him.”

“He is not a horrible husband!”

“What kind of husband makes you call him by his nickname?”

“Because he likes it when I call him Leo. And I chose to call him Leo.”

“Get out and go inside.”

I stomped out and into the house.

“Don’t you dare try to escape to go back there! I’ll come get you again!”

I stormed into my old room, slammed the door and fell to my bed. I buried my face into my pillow and cried.

If I knew this was going to happen I would’ve never came here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Oh no! You didn't expect that did you? Please continue to read and find out what happens next!
 
Thanks for my new subcribers and commenters!! ^^

 

tumblr_nilqf1TODz1t4u75fo9_500.gif