Stuck On You

Her Heart in a Song
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Song is Red Velvet's Candy in English

She had to finish the Red Velvet song but apparently she’s having trouble with the lyrics. It didn’t really help that her mind was filled with Jessica Jung. Ever since she woke up this morning the woman has been on Yuri’s mind.

Her concern

Her smile

They were only a few of the things that kept replaying on her mind. Sometimes Yuri thought she was just overwhelmed by the attention Jessica was giving her. Gyuri had been shooting her down that she forgot how it was to be given the attention. Of course Tiffany gave her the time of day but she liked Jessica and Gyuri.

Yuri smiled.

She likes Jessica Jung. She even placed her up par with Gyuri’s category.

Oh if only she could talk to Gyuri now.

She breathed out a sigh. The fluttering feeling in her chest was like a melody in her ear. It made her nervous and happy at the same time.

Her hand found her own hairs. A small smile made its way on her lips. The good thing about working in the studio though was that Yuri had distractions. Aside from the usual scream fest of some of the trainees, her friends in After School Entertainment were the usual suspects for oddities.

Soyou and Hyolyn kept badgering her about another song in exchange for a date with them, together. Yuri had to laugh because if even those two women already confirmed their straightness, Yuri seemed to be special. Bora was coming in and out of the studio from time to time. But her friend was still ignoring the signs. Dasom on the other hand was still patient. Other than that, Yuri kept herself busy with writing the song at hand so she can drop by the bar later on.

The composer was writing some notes to remind her of the unfinished tune when Bora walked inside the studio. She looked at her and found a very serious expression on her face.

“What’s up?” The composer asked, moving aside so Bora could take a seat.

“I got a call from a dongsaeng yesterday. She was crying her eyes out. Literally...Apparently Dasommie is going out with someone she likes. Or so she says. Aren’t you and Dasommie dating?”

“Are you crazy?” Yuri frowned then stared at her friend.

How clueless could she be? Dasom had always liked her. Granted the younger girl didn’t confess, she was always by Bora’s side. A call from Bora would automatically be a yes for Dasom. She took care of Bora whenever she was sick. You don’t see her dating other people either. If Bora was smart enough, she would notice Dasom was practically dating Bora herself.

“I’m not crazy.”

“You are. Dasom likes you.”

“She does not.”

“Keep telling yourself that.” Yuri replied as she faced her notes once more.

Bora was left to contemplate but then asked another question.

“Then if she likes me why did she date Kang Seulgi?”

“Who is Kang Seulgi?” Yuri asked with an eyebrow raised.

“She’s one of our rookies. You know Red Velvet.”

“Red Velvet… Oh yeah… I never met them but I’m doing their title song too. Anyway, it’s better that you talk this out with Dasommie because obviously you don’t know .”

“When did you learn curse Kwon Yuri?”

“Only when I’m with you...” Yuri grinned as the duo started to play around the piano.

@@@@@@@

It was her fault.

Not entirely, but she still thinks it was partly her fault.

Kang Seulgi searched but wasn’t able to find the person she was looking for. Their leader did not come home that night and their manager didn’t know her whereabouts either.

To think idols should have an invisible GPS stuck on their body parts.

The young girl kept her mobile open as well as her tablet for news blasts. Irene, though with a rookie group, was already an actress so it was easy to spot her with the help of her fans. At least it was an option. To her dismay there was still no news on her whereabouts. Nonetheless, the great bear will wait for their fearless leader.

Practically alone in the living room, Seulgi waited as the minutes ticked by. It doesn’t matter how long she had to do this for Irene. Wendy, who had just woken up, saw her and noticed her demeanor.

“Are you waiting for Unnie?”

“Yeah… Did you talk to her?” Seulgi turned to her band mate, eyes already gleaming with hope.

“Yes. She’s filming. Don’t you remember?”

“Huh…”

“It’s her first day of filming.”

“...the movie?”

“Yes.” Wendy replied eyes confused.

Usually Seulgi had the answers to those questions.

“But why did manager-unnie not know where she was?”

“Bogum-Oppa picked her up at the studio. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t know. Let me just call her. No need to panic.” Wendy went to her room leaving a slightly pouting bear on the sofa.

Seulgi pondered, was their leader already dating with the debut coming up? She ruffled her own hair confused with her feelings.

Wendy saw this as she got back from her call.

“You two haven’t been like usual. Are you fighting?” Wendy asked tilting her head to side to see the girl’s face.

“No. Well… I got her upset yesterday right?”

Wendy smiled.

The poor clueless bear was at a lost.

“I don’t think she was angry, Seulgi-ah…” She moves over the taller girl and forced her arm over Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Tell you what you should do. Buy a dozen roses. Pink. Go to the film set. Wait for her. Then take her out to dinner. Oh and don’t forget, kiss her cheek before you give her the roses. Okay?”

Seulgi merely nodded at the suggestion.

Although the suggestions felt weird for her, she was willing to comply. If Irene was going to forgive her, Seugli should follow Wendy. Olaf knew their leader the most.

She bit her lip as she listed down her to do list for the day. Wendy smiled at her friend then shook her head.

Kang Seulgi… She’s in love with you too. Pabo-ah….

@@@@@@@

“What’s this?” Tiffany asked as she was handed a file.

“She’s one of the regulars in Gyuri’s bar. Don’t you remember? She has a good voice and had training. I was wondering if we could try her out since we have no new artists at the moment.” The smaller woman took her seat then waited for a reply.

“If you could get her…”

Tiffany eyed Taeyeon who didn’t have that same look in her eyes.

There was no warmth in the woman’s eyes now. Tiffany could sense something was going on.

“How’s Yuri?”

“She’s trying to deal with it. It’s not every day that you take your best friend to the hospital then suddenly she ends up in a coma…”

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked earning Taeyeon’s gaze now.

This was a first. She had to earn Taeyeon’s attention. Usually the other woman would just see her.

“I’m fine. I’ll just work with Yoona. I’ll catch up with you later.”

Tiffany couldn’t even form a reply because Taeyeon was already out the door. She looked at the file, wondering if the woman was the reason why she felt suddenly demoted.

It just simply said, Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

@@@@@@@@

Irene stared at her feet as the rest of the crew filmed a scene. It wasn’t her time yet so she had plenty of time to contemplate on the fact.

The fact that the girl of her dreams likes another girl

The fact that she couldn’t even confess how she felt.

Five years and she still can’t keep up. Every time she found the courage, there would always be something to pull her down. It used to make Irene sad because she missed the chance to confess to Seulgi. But last night just broke her heart.

She couldn’t face her band mate without starting to tear up.

The what-ifs occupied her restless mind. It hurt to see her leaning against Dasom. It hurt even more when their hands entwined. Irene didn’t wait to see if Seulgi would give the other girl a kiss. She only knew she had to leave because her heart was breaking.

She was too late.

Seulgi was already in love with someone else.

“…Irene-Unnie!” The voice yelled.

She closed her eyes because she knew who it was. She wished she didn’t. But in her heart it was already etched.

She turned and confirmed what she already knew. But to her surprise, the girl had flowers on her hand, pink flowers.

“Here… For you, Unnie… I’m really sorry about yesterday…” Seulgi leaned and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Irene blushed at the gesture.

“Forgive me?” The younger girl asked letting out a small grin that Irene always loved.

She looked up to Seulgi then gave her a hug.

“Seulgi!” Bogum and placed a head lock on her bear.

Irene didn’t let go of Seulgi’s hand. She was afraid Bogum would whisk her away.

Bogum and Seulgi relationship was like brother and sister. They were playful and happy together. Contrary to everyone’s eyes, Bogum liked Seulgi and it annoyed Irene to no end.

“I’m just here to visit Unnie. Maybe we would have dinner too once you’re done.”

Irene’s head whipped towards Seulgi which hurt her neck. The bear noticed this and placed a hand on the back of her head.

“Are you alright Unnie?”

Irene nodded but her cheeks got redder.

“Take care of your Unnie. I’ll just perform my scene.” Bogum smiled, lightly ruffling Seulgi’s hair as he left.

“You’re taking me out to dinner?” Irene beamed as the younger girl nodded.

“Do you have plans with Bogum-Oppa?”

“No Seulgi. I don’t have plans with anyone.”

“It’s a date then.” Seulgi smiled as she tugged Irene towards her trailer.

Irene stared at their entwined hands with a sad smile on her face.

Friendly date…

@@@@@@@

A crinkling whisper, curiosity builds up on the tip of my tongue

I’m looking around because I’m curious

Time stops when you transparently touch me

A fresh scent spreads in my mouth

Yuri sang as she played. The bar was still closed but at least she was able to write down the words now. Somehow she was having a hard time. But at least the song was falling into place.

“Here take a break.” Hara gave her a glass of soda then took a peek on her notes.

“You’re done with the melody?” She asked and Yuri nodded.

“I’m working on the lyrics. Still don’t have the other parts yet.” The composer replied then takes a glance at her watch.

“She’s not coming.” Hara answered her silent question.

“What?”

 “She’s on leave. Her family arrived from the US. She’ll be back tomorrow. Try not to miss her.” Jiyoung winked then left towards the kitchen.

Yuri pretended not to be obvious. But of course, some friends do know when you are trying to hide something.

“Do you happen to like Miss Jung?” Hara inquired.

Yuri opened then closed it again. Careful with her words, she began to formulate a reply. Her silence though, was not unnoticed.

“Was it a hard question, Kwon Yuri?”

“I like being with her.”

“And…”

“That’s all I can say to you.”

“By the way, did you visit Gyuri today?

“No. But I will later.”

“You okay?”

“I have to be. Otherwise Gyuri will bury me alive when she wakes up. I miss her though. “

“Hey, old habits die hard. But at least tomorrow, you’ll be back on your new habit.”

Yuri merely smiled and went back to the song. Her mind drifted to Jessica as she wrote.

What would I have done if I didn’t know you?
I’ll just laugh over this sad feeling
I’m so happy that I can share this happiness with you

@@@@@@@

Seulgi watched on the sidelines like most of the crew and fans. The movie was a fantasy romance wherein Irene was the princess. She pouted when she saw Bogum give her Unnie a kiss on the cheek. She knew it was something necessary for the movie but she suddenly felt hurt. She turned away from the set then took a walk.

Seulgi didn’t really know where she was going. It felt right though. She just couldn’t stand scenes like that. Not when she really likes her Unnie.

Her thoughts were interrupted w

Please log in to read the full chapter