Yuri’s Second Song

Her Heart in a Song
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Songs featured in this chapter are the following:

Loving You by Sistar

One Hello by Toni Gonzaga

There was silence in the room in anticipation, perhaps because of the busy schedule ahead. There were constant tapping of tablets emphasizing their need to make use of the idle time for more work. There was no rest for the abled body. Kwon Entertainment has been head to head with the rest of the record labels for the past year. The competition was toe to toe till Amber decided to leave.

Amber was the leader and center of Kwon Entertainment’s most successful band. She decided to leave the company to live a simple life with her girlfriend Luna. Luna, on the other hand, was one of After School Entertainment’s successful artists. Unlike Kwon Entertainment, After School Entertainment had other artists who were already successful. Bora, together with the rest of Sistar, was one of them.

Clearly the people in the room need to do more than lifting the weight to keep the company afloat. But there was also clamor within to show off more artists.

The door swung open making the occupants turn their full attention.

“Good morning…” The President began, but stopped dead in his tracks. He felt disappointed that his daughter was not in the office yet.

Yuri wasn’t the type to be late.

“Good morning President.” They all stood up and greeted.

He massaged his temples then walked over to his seat. Kwon Jisoo motioned the rest to sit as well.

“Tiffany-ssi, why is my daughter late?” He asked as he felt more pain in his head.

The woman turned to Taeyeon who merely shrugged. It irked her that the smaller woman would continuously encourage Yuri to spend that much time in the bar. She didn’t really have to confirm her friend’s whereabouts. She was like a puppy tied to Gyuri’s hip since they got back. But clearly, there was a lot going on in the company and the young Kwon was needed. She was the after all the future President of Kwon Entertainment.

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows as if telling Taeyeon to do something about it.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes before taking out her phone. She grudgingly texted her best friend then turned to Tiffany with a fake smile.

The other woman gritted her teeth. Taeyeon was already getting into her nerves. Yuri’s behavior is rubbing off her to Tiffany’s observation.

I’ll deal with you later Tae-Tae.

“She told me she was going to Gyuri’s last night. I haven’t heard from her since then. Taeyeon’s on it though. I’ll fill her in once she gets to the office. Should we proceed?”

The President inwardly smiled at the news. For the first time since his eldest daughter came back, he was actually happy with the news.

“Yes, please. Also, could you ask her if she could ask Gyuri-ssi to come in. I have details to talk about with her father’s new investment proposal.”

The secretary wrote the details while Tiffany scoffed at the thought.

Taeyeon shook her head as she watched Tiffany’s reactions.

“Nichkhun, what’s the status of your trainees?” The President continued on.

“Since Amber left, it was hard to fill up the spot. But I found Im Yoona. She’s already under training. But it would take a year or two for the singing. Am I right, Taeyeon…?”

“That’s correct. She has great potential. But I think to fill in the current need she could sing a few lines for now.”

The President looked at the papers in front of him and read the details.

“Okay. Are your girls already informed of the replacement?” He asked Nichkhun once more.

“I haven’t. I was waiting for you to decide when we should.”

“How many cities do they still have to perform?” The President now turns to Tiffany.

“They still have 6 more cities to go to, President.” Tiffany answered as she looked at the artists’ schedule.

“Give them a long break after then tell them about the replacement. We need to train Yoona-ssi first before giving them their comeback. Find the girls things to do for the mean time. Taeyeon-ssi, make sure she’s going to be ready when the time comes. I want her to be the center. Tiffany-ssi, kindly inform my daughter to take time on the title song for their comeback. That will be all…” The President stood up and left the room.

Once the old Kwon was out of sight, Tae-woo groaned earning the rooms’ attention.

“I thought Nichkhun would be preparing the title song?”

“He is in charge of taking care of the kids Tae-woo oppa. I think he should concentrate first on their well-being. You have to consider that they just lost Amber.” Taeyeon stood up.

She didn’t want to drag Yuri into the conversation.  But with the pending entry of the President’s daughter, there was a constant stir she would have special treatment. Yuri was currently considered talentless, an unknown Kwon.

“Still… Just because she came back from Europe doesn’t mean she’s that talented.”

“Let’s take it one day at a time, Oppa. We need to concentrate on the trainees. No comeback is scheduled so let’s do that. Okay? Nichkhun could still prepare the songs and we can come up with the whole set for their album. Don’t you think that would be better?” Tiffany replied.

Taeyeon walked out of the room not wanting to any more hero-worship excuses from Tiffany. The other woman raised her eyebrow but followed suit nonetheless.

@@@@@@@

She sat patiently while waiting for her appointment. The room was unfamiliar but then again, the building wasn’t new to her.

Knowing it was a risk, Yuri had to take it. She wasn’t going to be under her father’s shadow. Distancing herself from the family company would give her enough room to just decide on her own.

She didn’t plan on going to the competitor though.

“Kwon Yuri?” The woman asked.

“De.”

“Miss Kahi will see you now.”

Yuri stood up and followed the woman. As the glass doors opened, she was greeted by Bora and Dasom. Alongside them were happy Hyolyn and Soyou.

“We missed you!” Hyolyn and Soyou said together and sandwiched the poor Kwon in a hug.

“Hey! Hey! Give room. You two are molesting Yuri again. You don’t want our Maknae to get jealous.” Bora joked.

“Unnie…” The young one grumbled.

“Don’t worry, Dasommie… We will always save Yuri’s best part for you.” Hyolyn blew the Maknae a kiss.

“Do I have any opinion on this?” Yuri asked wide eyed.

“Ani.” Soyou grinned still clinging to her arm.

“I see that everyone is well acquainted.” Kahi smiled as she took her seat.

“What brings Kwon Yuri to this side of town?”

“I have a song. I just finished it last night. I was wondering if you could listen to it. Maybe it would be good enough.”

“Girls, please let her take a seat? You can molest her later.”

Bora and the rest took their seat on the sofa giving space for Kahi and Yuri to talk.

“Now that your friends are settled, let’s hear it.” Kahi smiled and extended her hand.

Yuri took out a CD and handed it to the CEO.

When she hit play, everyone was all smiles.

 

Hey cham isanghae jeongmal strange

Ireon jeog eobseotneunde neol bolttaemada na dugeundugeun tteollineunge

 

When I see your face honja mag sangsangeul hae

Na pyojeong gwanli andwae michil geot gata tto niga niga bogo sipeoseo

 

I wanna say woo woo woo woo yeah

Neo ttaemune geurae meonjeo marhagin sirheunde nae ibgae maemdora

 

Loving U U na eotteokhae what should I do?

Jojeori andwae nae mam gojang nabeorin heart jeongsin mot charil mankeum

Boy I'm falling in love with U U

Na eotteokhae what should I do?

 

Neol nohchimyeon nan andwae saranghandago

Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

Baby I'm in love with you

 

Yuri watched as Kahi and the rest listened intently. Bora, Hyolyn and Soyou were bobbing their head to the beat. She turned to Dasom who was looking at her feet with a huge blush on her cheeks. Yuri smiled then shook her head.

 

Ok let's talk about love modu hwiparameul bulmyeo

Eomeona nareul kkosiryeogo haetdeon namjadeul ijen modu annyeong

Nae aegyoseogin mogsorineun oppaman bureullae (Oppaya)

Eojjeomyeon joha naega sarange ppajyeotna bwa

 

Woo woo woo woo yeah

Neo ttaemune geurae meonjeo marhagin sirheunde nae ibgae maemdora

 

Loving U U na eotteokhae what should I do?

Jojeori andwae nae mam gojang nabeorin heart jeongsin mot charil mankeum

Boy I'm falling in love with U U

Na eotteokhae what should I do?

 

Neol nohchimyeon nan andwae saranghandago

Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

Baby I'm in love with you

 

Aetaneun nae mam neomu ginagin bam sumgyeowatdeon neoreul hyanghan mal

Saranghae

 

Kahi laughed as Bora stood up to dance. She took the Maknae’s hand while the rest of the room watched. Yuri’s song was definitely catchy.

 

Baby I'm in love with U U

Na eotteohke hae what should I do (What should I do)

Jojeori andwae nae mam gojang nabeorin heart jeongsin mot charil mankeum

Boy I'm falling in love with U

Na eotteokhae what should I do?

 

Neol nohchimyeon nan andwae saranghandago

Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo

Baby I'm in love with you

 

Hello hello nuni majuchimyeon L-O-L-O-V-E naneun malhae

Mello mello urin L-O-L-O-V-E-L-O-L-O-V-E

I'm only think about U U

 

Hyolyn and Soyou looked at each other then turned to Bora and Dasom who nodded. Yuri watched the silent conversations but didn’t react. She hoped it was a positive conversation.

“It’s a good song, Yuri-ssi. Are you sure you want us to have this?”

“Yes. Definitely.” Yuri answered.

“We call dibs on this song. She can make a new song for the Red Velvet rookies.” Bora announced earning a grin from Kahi.

“Is this your first song? I heard from Bora that you just got back from Europe for studies.” Kahi asked as she typed something on her laptop.

“No. It’s actually the second. The first one doesn’t have lyrics yet.”

“I see. Bora, could you please get the contract behind you. I just printed one.” Kahi requested while the said woman brought the paper to her.

“So… Kwon Yuri, After School Entertainment just bought your second song.” The CEO smiled.

@@@@@@@

Sunny looked at the artists’ schedule then wrote a few notes for Taeyeon and Tiffany. Since her uncle was completely out of it, she had to step up to the plate. It was against her will, but with Yuri’s absence, Sunny had no choice.

Reaching out for her stress ball, she tried to calm herself. It didn’t help that she was first to learn that her cousin had just sold her first single to their competitor. If her uncle finds out, it would be a war of two record labels over Yuri.

Kahi should have known better, sh

Please log in to read the full chapter