Chapter 4

The Fire Of My Heart

~*~

Traditions for weddings vary from country to country on Earth

However adapting traditions from your home planet to your new one can certainly cause a whole new world of interest
~*~

 

Frowning as he entered the break room at the back of the cafe, Himchan sighed as he spotted his young former handmaid with his nose once again buried deeply in the cover of yet another wedding broacher. Lightly he shook his head, smiling fondly at the little rascal of a boy who was slowly becoming a very fine young man, “Jongup, how many times do I have to tell you to put those things away?”

 

“About a million more,” Jongup smiled up brightly as he finally raised his head up from the cover, “but I’m not actually planning anything. I’m just looking to see the differences between a Korean and a Matokian wedding.”

 

Himchan gently rolled his eyes as he took a seat towards the back, “There are plenty, Jongup, more than you could ever think and before you even start we are not going with the full traditions of either this world or home. We’re having a simple engagement party, ceremony and a honeymoon after it. Nothing else and nothing that could cause ruptures in time or anything like that.”

 

Jongup sighed, “I know that but its fun to pretend. Plus I bet if you really let Gukkie-hyung go then he’d have everything up to completely the top most level.”

 

“If I let Gukkie fully plan the wedding we’d be bankrupt in a week,” Himchan said with a fond smile on his face, “We’re not aristocrats here and we do not have access to all of the money in the world.”

 

Letting out a slight pout, the honey blond whined a little and managed to make himself look even younger than he normally did, “You’re not fun, Himchan, wouldn’t you like to have a big stunning wedding?”

 

“After what happened with the last one, no,” Himchan replied with a visible shudder going through his system, “I’m more than happy with just being able to marry Yongguk without having to watch over my shoulder. Plus we couldn’t go all out anyway, we have Zelo and his future to consider.”

 

Jongup smiled brightly, “I can always check for you...”

 

“Don’t you dare mister,” Himchan said playfully, picking up a cushion and throwing it at the young man, “Plus you best rush to get back onto the floor else Luhan will probably flip out at you for being tardy.”

 

Glancing up at the clock, Jongup let out a slight squeak as he threw the cushion back at Himchan, dropping his magazine in the process and hurried out of the break room to get back on the serving floor before he could be told off for being late. Himchan shook his head, a little bubble of laughter escaping from his lips as he picked up the magazine that the youngster had been reading, “Oh boy, Daehyun I pity you the day that you opt to try and marry Jongup. He’ll want everything to be extremely grand.”

 

Flicking through the magazine for something to do, Himchan found himself actually getting quite interested in some of the traditions that it was discussing though many of them were way extravagant and well out of all possible reach and cost. Though he could imagine that the ‘Selling of the Halm’ would have been a very funny scenario to watch as he was more than sure that whoever had to haggle with Yongguk would be in for a right old fashioned hard time.

 

However a small discussion on a engagement party caught his attention and he blinked, realising that it was something that they could very easily do since at least once a month everyone gathered together to have a big meal and catch up on everything that had been going on. Mixing things up would be next to no problem and he was sure that Zelo would love the opportunity to get all dressed up properly. Plus it would make some adorable pictures to send back home to their family.

 

Blinking as his break finished a little too quickly, Himchan headed back to the floor in a timely manner, immediately scolding Tao for doing too much skin ship with Jongup and dragging down the name of the cafe into some dark seedy fan service den. Luhan had burst into fits of giggles at that and wouldn’t stop laughing for the rest of the day, especially when he caught sight of Tao and Jongup together. It proved to be an amusing distraction from the rush of customers and by the time that Himchan left to go and pick up Zelo from school, he had the biggest grin on his face.

 

“Mama!” Zelo called as soon as he spotted the other, rushing up with grabby hands to be picked up.

 

Himchan immediately complied and hugged his little bundle of joy close, “There’s my little Tigger! I swear you are getting bigger every single time that I see you.”

 

“Don’t be silly Mama,” Zelo smiled widely and brightly, making Himchan immediately forget to remind him not to call him Mama in public because it wasn’t the done thing on Earth even though Himchan couldn’t understand what was so wrong with the whole scenario since he had actually given birth to Zelo and was therefore his mother but explaining was far too complicated so they were working on trying to get the little boy to call him Mama in the house and Dada outside. So far it wasn’t really working but time and persistence would pay off, hopefully. “If Zelo got bigger every time Mama saw him then Zelo would be much bigger than Mama and that wouldn’t be good.”

 

Himchan chuckled, “Why ever not?”

 

“Cause then I wouldn’t be Mama’s little Tigger!” Zelo said brightly, hugging against Himchan happily before grabbing hold of his hand to look at the ring which still remained firmly in place, “Pretty ring still there.”

 

“Yup and it’s always going to be there baby,” Himchan said, lowering Zelo to the floor and taking his tiny hand, “Except when Dada takes a bath or goes swimming of course.”

 

“Cause pretty ring would get hurt then right?” Zelo said, swinging the hand he was holding back and forth as they went walking along, “But Zelo will always check to see if it’s there then it can never get hurt!”

 

It was hard not to burst into little giggles at listening to Zelo’s babbling baby talk and Himchan felt himself just grinning all the more. He could never complain about his little bundle of joy and would never rue the day that he came into his life because Zelo was so precious and would forever be one of the two men he would fight and die for. Even when he was some crotchety old man with a walking stick and ugly grey facial hair, Himchan would still fight for his little baby because so many good things had come out of his existence being brought into the cosmos.

 

Though after a few long minutes, the little boy blinked as he realised that they were on a slightly different route from the usual one and he twisted his head up towards Himchan, locks of messy brownish black hair flopping into his eyes, “We go shopping Mama?”

 

Himchan nodded, “Yes, Zelo baby, we are.”

 

“Ohhh, what for?” Zelo asked, blinking in curiosity as he couldn’t think of anything that they would need.

 

“You need a new outfit for a party that we’re going to have baby,” Himchan said with a smile, watching as Zelo’s eyes shimmered brightly.

 

“Ohhh, who birthday?” Zelo asked, looking excited.

 

“No one’s,” Himchan said, knowing how the rest of this little conversation was going to go but unable to help himself but go with the flow.

 

“So why Zelo need new clothes?”

 

“Cause we’re having a big important party soon.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes”

 

“What for?”

 

“To celebrate your Daddy asking me to marry him.”

 

“You have a party for that?”

 

“Yes, with special foods and drinks and all sorts of things.”

 

Zelo bounced happily, “Can I choose my outfit?”

 

“Within reason,” Himchan said, knowing what the youngster could pick if he wasn’t careful, “But this isn’t a fancy dress party sweetie. We’re going to buy you a hanbok.”

 

Zelo blinked and looked thoughtful for a few seconds, “Like the one at new year?”

 

“Yes,” Himchan said with a smile, “Though it’ll be different from that one.”

 

“Can it be pink?” Zelo asked, big puppy eyes looking up at Himchan from the messy fringe.

 

Himchan smiled, “We’ll see what colours they have sweetie but sure if there’s a blue one then we can get you a pink one.” He had no troubles with the colour that Zelo wanted to get, that was never an issue on Matoki and just cause Earth associated different colours with different genders didn’t mean that Himchan had to follow the rules.

 

Zelo practically leapt at his mother, clinging on like a koala and looking so happy that Himchan knew that this was definitively going to be a good idea. He just hoped that Yongguk wouldn’t mind the extra spend but since it was for Zelo there was probably nothing to really worry about unless he went completely overboard which he wouldn’t do anyway.

 

The Engagement Party was already shaping up good in his head and Himchan couldn’t wait for it to actually come around.

 

authors babbling:

Whoot! Finally got a chapter of this out and decided to have some fun with Uppie and Jelly cause they are just too much fun to write with and I needed some cute fluff for them. Plus Baby Jelly is just adorable and makes me wanna squish him so badly. 

Sorry about the wait once again, life will just not settle down in the slightest and this week was going to be tricky anyway cause I turn twenty-nine tomorrow so I'm starting to feel old. Well not really, I'm still bouncing around like a crazy thing but I don't care. 

So next chapter should be up at some point, hopefully sooner than this one but I hope you all enjoyed and catch you next time