Christmas Special

The Fire Of My Heart

Teehee as I'm doing my Christmas Challange I couldn't resist doing a one based off the Fireau so here's a cute little fic for you all

 

The Nativity Play

 

The hall was completely packed which was fully what Himchan expected but it was still just a little bit of a surprise to realise how many parents were prepared to come to something like after the absolutely abysmal turn out for the Cake Bake Sale a month ago. There again Yongguk had said that most of the parents would be terrified of trying to outbake Zelo’s mother so that was probably the reasons. Himchan had appreciated the compliment and made sure that his husband had an extra-large piece of cake left over. There again from the amount that had been left over from the sale he had been able to have an entire cake to himself without any problem.

 

Yongguk been forced to the gym afterwards because Himchan refused to have a tubby husband.

 

Still he whistled, “This is an amazing turn out.”

 

Yongguk nodded in response, “I guess so. I think we didn’t realise how big the Nativity is.”

 

“It’s one of the biggest events of the year,” Himchan said, smiling as he moved to allow one of the parents by who was carrying a little baby, “I think we’re going to have to warn the EXO boys about it in advance.”

 

His husband nodded, “Yeah, especially seeing as there’s already three girls in that little grouping.”

 

Himchan nodded in response and glanced around the rest of the hall to take in the decorations. They had been on Earth for just shy of six years and this time of year still fascinated him. Just the whole concept of Christmas with the presents, decorations, glistening lights, bright faces of children as they rushed around with the big man in the red and white suit or else chasing after his little helpers. He had been fascinated by the whole history of the festival and how it linked into virtually any and all cultures with little hassle. Hell it had even been easy to fit in the Matoki world into the festival with little hassle and they were from a completely different planet.

 

On odd occasions Himchan would muse on what a proper Christmas on Matoki would have been like as he was sure it would have been something wonderful to behold.

 

But those fantasies never went that far for the simple reason that it was just easier to stop remembering that planet as he had everything here to make him completely happy and fulfilled.

 

The general conversation between the parents was shushed away by the teachers as the head of the parental Governors stepped up to give a long winded speech that was all the usual thing that one would expect to hear from someone of his standing and in a way it was pleasant but it got irritating very quickly. Thankfully time restraints made sure that the man got into too much of a rhythm with his speech and the elder students went first with their sweet little songs and practiced dance routines which had everyone cooing and clapping along.

 

Yongguk was highly impressed by the actual level of the singing of the kids and wondered if any of them would actually go on to do anything with it. Probably not but it was nice to see something as cute as this right now. Though he was beginning to wonder just what part Zelo had managed to get him cast as because the little boy had been locked in his bedroom for the past three weeks, playing the same backing track on repeat constantly and trying his best to soundproof the room with egg boxes.

 

Though not without staining his carpet with several lots of eggs because he hadn’t quite figured out that you needed to remove the eggs before you put the boxes up.

 

How he had kept that from Himchan Yongguk had no idea but it would be something fun to bribe the elder with.

 

The next act up was the third years who were telling the tale of the Christmas Fairy which was a sweet story around the idea of sharing everything that everyone had with those who were less fortunate than yourself. It was sweet and featured a few people wandering around in very funny costumes that looked like they had been dragged out of the toy box at the last minute but everyone kind of kept on with the pretext that it looked wonderful so as not to upset anyone.

 

Then there were some generic carols sung by all of the children before the Head Teacher announced that it was time for the Nativity.

 

The backdrop curtain which had been painted by the children especially was pulled away to reveal the first years who were all set up in a very traditional Nativity Scene. Mary and Joseph sat in the centre of the stage with a wooden crate that had been filled with yellow painted newspaper and a doll was wrapped in a blanket though someone had forgotten to switch the crying feature off which caused a rather strange moment when during a little monologue by one of the braver children the doll started to cry really loudly.

 

The three wise men came walking down the central isle with their gifts, singing a bright little song about their gifts and they seemed to be highly determined to make their presence known. They puffed out their little chests proudly, sang in their loudest voices – one who was a little taller than the other two virtually yelling his lines but yet somehow just about managing to keep the tune together – and displayed their golden paper crowns and cloaks with as much flourish as they could manage to do.

 

Yongguk leaned to whisper to Himchan, “They’re going for it?”

 

“I know,” Himchan said with a slight little bit of confusion creeping into his tone, “Have you seen Zelo yet?”

 

“Nope, not yet,” Yongguk said and refocused on the play as the Shepard’s appeared with their flock of sheep that looked to be as lost as the real things in their woolly costumes and floppy ears. A couple of then did actually have sheep masks but they looked to be quite freaky in all honesty so it made perfect sense that there was two. Still the Shepard’s did their best and made sure that their flock sort of behaved, even though one of the smaller ones had to rescued from the curtain where he had gotten himself deliberately tangled in a little bit of a panic.

 

Thankfully his big brother was there to pull him out of the mess and get the flock back on track. For all of five seconds as they tried to go the wrong way off the little raised staged bit but it was to be expected.

 

The Angels were on next and Himchan looked up expectedly, fully hoping that his little Zelo was an Angel because that would just be the cutest thing in the entire world and would be wonderful by any standards.

 

Though his expression faltered a little when he realised that all of the angels were in fact girls with their hair pulled into cute plats or someone has one too many curling products to make their hair so wavy and pretty. They were all dressed in cute little white clothes that had come from home as one of the girls was in a dress whilst another one was in a blouse and skirt and the final one was in a cute little two piece trouser set.

 

Now whilst the girls were adorable, Himchan was starting to get really worried because he couldn’t see his son anyway. Gently he dug Yongguk in the side, “Where is Zelo? Do you think that’s he become hurt or anything?”

 

“How shall we know where to go to greet this new king of man?” a voice called out loudly which drew the parent’s eyes to the Nativity almost immediately.

 

The boy playing Joseph stood up slowly, looking highly nervous and managed to stutter out, “You should look for the star.”

 

A quick hip-hop beat came on and the next second the star appeared on top of a bench. Though it wasn’t just any star, there was their little Zelo, looking tall and proud in a costume that was made out of white foam with lots of glitter on it and a few people let out surprised sounds because the boy didn’t look cute and cuddly, in fact he looked incredibly cool – for a six year old – with a pair of shades on and a snap back cap which looked suspiciously like the one that had gone missing from the shed a few days ago and his thick winter boots.

 

But what got everyone completely by surprise was that when Zelo opened his mouth, it wasn’t a carol or a song about a star like they expected in the slightest. It was a hip-hop rap that was delivered in near perfect synch with the music and sounded so grown up that it took everyone by surprise.

 

It was fast, free flowing and had clearly taken a long time to practice but it just sort of worked at the same time and did not become overburdened by anything else. It was just Zelo, rapping away with a great big grin and clearly the attention of everyone on him.

 

Yongguk couldn’t help but grin at the realisation that the reason why every other boy involved with the show was trying to push themselves further than they could possibly manage was because his son was performing incredibly. Himchan was bubbling away next to him, love and adoration in his eyes and Yongguk threw an arm around his husband’s shoulders as he refocused his video’s image onto Zelo who was now on centre stage.

 

“And that’s what Christmas is all about, yeah!” the young boy finished off.

 

There was a fraction of a second pause before the hall erupted into a huge round of applause and cheers for the boy and Zelo being the sweet little boy that he was, immediately lost his cool boy image as he took off the sunglasses and blinked his large innocent eyes towards the crowds almost as if he didn’t quite believe that this was all for him. Shyly he bowed and nearly tripped over the edge of his costume in the process, causing the teacher to catch him and the immediate cooing of the nearby mothers.

 

Yongguk grinned widely, only six years old and his son already had the women falling at his feet.

 

The rest of the play passed in a bit of a blur but no one really minded in the slightest. Finally the last song was done and the children were allowed to be dispersed to eager parents who wanted to hug and praise their children for the part that they had played.

Zelo smiled brightly as he finished getting out of his costume and rushed to his eagerly awaiting parents with cries of, “Mama! Daddy!”

 

“Ah there’s my little Noona Killer,” Yongguk said, pulling the youngster up into a hug and placing a kiss on his cheek before passing him to Himchan.

 

The little boy frowned towards his father, “I no kill Noona’s Daddy, that’s very naughty.”

 

“Oh my little Jello!” Himchan said as he hugged the boy closer, “Mommy is so proud of you.”

 

Zelo smiled happily and wrapped his arms around his mother’s neck tightly, “Zelo worked really hard because he wanted to do well.”

 

“And that he did,” Yongguk said brightly, ruffling the youngster’s hair, “Shall we go and get Zelo a Happy Meal for being such a good little performer?”

 

Himchan nodded, “Yes, I think he deserves a Happy Meal after that performance. Plus it gets me away from the chewing wasp brigade.”

 

“Yay, happy meal,” Zelo chanted merrily as the small family set off to the car through a small smattering of snow that was beginning to fall from the sky to give everything just an extra smattering of Christmas feeling to the night.