Chapter 3

The Fire Of My Heart

~~*~~

Choosing Hanbok for a wedding is an extremely important thing, especially when you’re marrying the person that you virtually started a revolution for

~~*~~

 

Glancing at the window which was filled by several dummies wearing the most up to date fashion statements that were classic yet modern – at least according to Daehyun, Yongguk wouldn’t personally know the difference in the slightest – the ex-General gently his lips and glanced to his two baby brothers who had agreed to come along on this small venture. Whilst they couldn’t have a full Matokian wedding the likes of which they would have had back on their home planet, it was surprising just how close Korean tradition was to it though, there were some aspects that they could easily maintain and their first priority was to get Himchan’s hanbok.

 

When Yongguk had broached the subject with Himchan, right when they were in the middle of giving Zelo one of his night time baths and the little five year old was acting up a storm, the younger man had blinked rather owlishly at him before shaking his head. “I’m useless at that sort of thing, you should pick it Guk,” he had let out a heart shattering smile towards his now fiancé, “Plus I’ve always been curious to know what you would have presented to me when if things had gone to plan.”

 

So hence why they were outside of the shop with the dummies covered in anything but what they were looking for. Yongguk turned to look at Jongup, “Are you sure that he does hanbok?”

 

“Yes,” Jongup said, sounding a little bit on the exasperated side, “This is just a main line of season stuff. He does all sorts and you know it. Come on, let’s get in, I’m sure he’s going to be majority excited to get his project underway.”

 

Youngjae rolled his eyes, “Are you sure it’s not you whose getting all excited about this?”

 

Lightly letting out a sigh because he could already feel a headache coming on, Yongguk headed into the store with a lazy, “Please don’t start arguing right now, I can do without it today.”

 

The door opened with a merry sounding jangle and the ex-general felt his spirits lift once he was inside the store as whilst there was still a lot of modern day fashionable things, there was a whole range of children’s clothes, formal dresses and suits and a sign which clearly said ‘Wedding Department’. It was a far cry from the humble little store that it had originally started off as and he couldn’t help but smile as he left his still squabbling siblings to go and give a quick electric shock surprise to the young boy who was slumped lazily over the counter, “Got ya, panda!”

 

“Yah!” Tao exclaimed, whirling around prepared to attack before breaking into a big smile when he realised who it was and threw a hug around him, “Gukkie-ge!”

 

Yongguk grinned, “Hey you, you been a good boy?”

 

“Yes,” Tao said at the exact same time as a very definite, “No,” came from behind them as Yifan appeared from the changing rooms where he had been measuring up a client for a dress and flapped a notebook of paper at the youngster.

 

“Here, make yourself useful and get this order processed through the tills and do me a favour and actually watch the shop instead of falling asleep,” Yifan said, sounding annoyed but really just pushing his own baby brother a little to try and stop him being a lazy sod.

 

Youngjae laughed as he approached, “Got yourself a new apprentice, Yifan?”

 

“Hell no,” Yifan said, shaking his head as he crossed his arms, “He’s helping out today in order to pay for a CD player he broke.”

 

Jongup grinned and giggled at the unfortunate boy who was still huffing, “He broke a CD player?”

 

“It was an accident,” Tao said with a huff, “and I fixed it up just fine.”

 

Yifan gave the youngster a glare which clearly indicated that he was still in trouble though Yongguk didn’t press much further as it was good to continue on with discipline. Instead he turned to the former Prince of Exo and smiled, “So I hear you’re excited for the next wedding project?”

 

Letting out a laugh, Yifan indicated that they should follow, “You bet I am, I was always fascinated with Matoki Wedding Designs and there’s something really therapeutic about designing wedding dresses. Don’t know why.”

 

Youngjae smiled, “Ever thought of designing one for Luhan?”

 

“No,” Yifan said with a fond smile, “for one thing Luhan would murder me and for another, neither of us are really up for the whole wedding thing. We may have a registry meeting at some point but it’s not high on our priorities in the slightest.”

 

“I’d imagine not with your little brood running around,” Jongup said, having skipped on ahead to begin going through the off the rail hanbok’s to see if anything stood out in particular.

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes and turned back to Yifan with a smile, as Youngjae went to try and get Jongup away from the racks or at least that would be the excuse that he would use, “I know for a fact that none of them will be what I’m looking for, hope you don’t mind doing custom ones.”

 

“I figured as much, though you’ll have to bring Himchan in for a fitting at some point,” Yifan replied, heading to a large rack of fabric sample books to begin selecting, “Though we could always dress your brothers up just to get the visual effect of everything as well.”

 

Yongguk nodded, “I think that’s why Youngjae is panicking because Jongup likes dressing up.”

 

Yifan nodded, “Daehyun quite proudly tells me all of the time,”

 

The next couple of hours were spent going through fabric, pattern and colour choices to narrow down the mounds upon mounds of choices, with infrequent little pauses when Yifan would have to go out front to authorise something or deal with a customer who had been displeased with something but the former prince was more than used to dealing with it. Once that bit was dealt with, Yongguk almost felt beyond the point of exhausted but managed to stand long enough to get fully measured up for his own suit as he was nowhere near as fussy when it came to what he wore. Yes it would have to match with Himchan’s but it didn’t have to be as elaborate or flashy in his opinion. It had to make him look good for his wedding day but he wanted Himchan to literally shine like a diamond.

 

Once the measurements were done, Jongup got to indulge in his most favourite past time of getting dressed up as they attempted to find a shape and style that would work best. Yongguk wanted to stay as traditional as possible by was soon swayed by some modern day takes on hanbok designs. However the one that he chose in the end was very much traditional with just a little bit of elaboration on it.

 

Finally after spending virtually all afternoon on the hanbok, Yongguk nodded to himself and smiled as Yifan went through the final costings sheet, “When do you want Himchan in for his fitting?”

 

“I’d say tomorrow if I wasn’t taking the day off and this project is too important to pass to one of the others,” the man said whilst not looking up in the slightest from his work, “I think there’s a slot next Wednesday at about 2pm.”

 

Yongguk ran through his little mental checklist, “I think that’s okay, Zelo will probably be with him.”

 

“I’m sure the naughty panda can amuse your little Tigger that afternoon,” Yifan grinned, looking up, “Or Luhan can just open the day care again.”

 

Laughing Yongguk shook his head, “They joys of being a parent huh?”

 

“Something I’m never doing,” Youngjae said, leaning back on his chair as Jongup shifted into his lap to have a little bit of a sleep as he was exhausted from all of the dressing up that he had done that day.

 

The elder two exchanged knowing glances before settling down to finalise the details but Yongguk would pay once both outfits were made up.

 

The trio left the shop, happy in the knowledge that one big hurdle had been cleared. Now they had to just get the venue, date and catering sorted out as well as the invitations and guests and flowers and...Yongguk sighed, there really was a lot involved in planning a wedding.   

 

authors babbling

teehee look at Yongguk trying to buy Himchan a stunning hanbok ^^ I've got a fair idea of wha it looks like but none of you get to see it until Himchan see's it himself on his wedding day. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you soon ^^