Chapter 1

The Fire Of My Heart

~~*~~

Proposals are always romantic and should be treated with the respect that they deserve.

 

Even if there has to be a five year old child involved

~~*~~

 

It was a glorious sunny day and Himchan smiled as he made his way through Seoul Central Park with a basket filled with goodies and a tiny hand clutching his free one. It felt like some kind of dream to be able to do this sort of thing, like one of these days he was going to open his eyes and find himself back on the planet Matoki and all of this new life was just some incredibly elaborate dream. The thought alone would normally send a stab of cold dread through the mother’s heart but he’d just look to his beautiful little son and remind himself that all of that was behind him. Usually on the days when the stab turned into fear he would wrap himself around his strong husband and take solace in the familiar strength and love which would always blanket Himchan in such glorious ways that everything would settle down again.

 

Yongguk never once complained about the nights when Himchan wanted nothing more to cling to him like a koala, in fact sometimes the former General would be the one to instigate the whole cuddling affair, usually coming in from work to snatch Zelo up off the floor or the stairs or wherever the youngster happened to be at that given moment, then he’d grab hold of Himchan and pull the pair of them onto the sofa after kicking off his shoes and state that they were ordering take out and watching films for the rest of the night. Himchan had no idea as to how Yongguk knew when he needed those sorts of nights but he was more than happy to accept them whenever and make out with Yongguk once Zelo had been carried up to bed.

 

But today all sad and dark thoughts were out of his head as he walked through the lush green park, smiling at the families and college students who had taken full advantage of the warm weather to spent the afternoon out in the open fields or to rush around the zoo and the little amusement park. Himchan would have thought of taking Zelo along to the zoo today if Yongguk hadn’t asked to meet them both by the duck pond that the little one adored no end. Zelo had come on leaps and bounds from a fairly shaky start. The little five year old was bright eyed, cubby cheeked and full of wonder and mischief, though secretly Himchan attributed that to Jongup’s influence though he would never dare to say it out loud.

 

Chuckling he smiled and looked down towards Zelo who had come to a stop, “What’s the matter my little one?”

 

“There’s a doggie,” Zelo said, staring at a large dog which was sitting next to its owner looking up all doe eyed in an attempt to get a bite out of the sandwich the human was currently eating.

 

Himchan smiled, “Yes and he’s being a good boy and waiting for a bit of sandwich. Now come on, let’s see if we can find Daddy hmm?”

 

Zelo snapped his attention straight back to his mother, “Yay! Find Daddy! Zelo can find Daddy before Mummy can!”

 

“Whoa, hey no running off,” Himchan called as Zelo managed to pull his hand out of his grip and ran a few steps ahead in an attempt to find his father. Of course Zelo never actually ran far, he kept within sight at all times but kept on rushing back and forth, calling “Daddy!” every so often as he seemed determined to find him.

 

As they neared the duck pond, Himchan made a grab for Zelo as he went zooming forward and pulled him back a few steps, “No, you’re not going to go running into the pond, Zelo. Come on hold Mummy’s hand now and we’ll find Daddy together.”

 

“But I’m all hot Mummy!” Zelo complained, pouting.

 

“That’s cause you’ve been running about baby,” Himchan said, glancing around and spotting an too familiar white and pink chequered blanket that had been laid out just out of the shade of a tree so that by the time that it came to eat they would be nicely shaded. Lounging on the rub was a toned figure, deprived of his work shirt, jacket and shoes clearly enjoying the rays of sunlight that were spilling artfully onto his body to make him completely drool worthy whilst ignoring all of the looks that were being sent his way by the girls and guys alike.

 

“Daddy!” Zelo yelled, finally spotting the male and rushing across with a happy sound of laughter escaping from his lips.

 

Yongguk opened his eyes and sat up just in time to catch the running boy and be knocked back down to the ground with a comical, “Oomph’ sound but he was immediately smiling and hugging his little boy, “Ah, there’s my Zelo. How you doing, you little troublesome tyke?”

 

Zelo squealed as he was hoisted up by his armpits into the air above his Daddy’s body, “Wah! I’m not! Put me down!”

 

“No way,” Yongguk said, lowering Zelo a little bit only to push him back up, “I need my work out and you are the perfect little weight my little butterball!”

 

Himchan shook his head as he came to sit down next to the pair, “And I seriously wondered where he got all of his bad habits from.”

 

Twisting his head to the side to smile at Himchan, Yongguk chuckled, “Oh come on, you’re worse than me a times.”

 

“Yah! Bang Yongguk I am not,” Himchan said, smacking the top of Yongguk’s head with his hand, “You’re the bad influence on our son.”

 

A big beaming smile crossed Yongguk’s face, “I love it when you say that.”

 

Himchan smiled back as he lent close, “and I love getting to say it.”

 

The next second their lips were connected in a quietly passionate kiss that was spoilt two seconds later when there came a huff from Zelo, “Ewww.”

 

Pulling back, Himchan caught Zelo and hauled him off of his father to start tickling his son, “Oh just you wait, little Zelo, one of these days you’ll have your own partner to kiss and make out with all of the time.”

 

“Ewww girls are icky!” Zelo said, pulling the most adorable face ever at the notion of doing such a thing, “No like kisses.”

 

Himchan pouted towards his son, “Aww not even Mummy kisses?”

 

“Specially not Mummy kisses,” Zelo said as he immediately tried to wriggle his way out of the kisses that were being delivered to his face in rapid succession, “Yah! Let Zelo go! He no like kisses! Daddy! Make Mummy stop.”

 

“Gladly,” Yongguk said, moving in to steal Himchan’s lips for his own and trying not to burst out into laughter when Zelo let out an exclamation of, “Ewww! Not like that! Daddy!”

 

Pulling back, Yongguk grabbed hold of Zelo, “Come on you little pest, let’s go and feed the ducks huh?”

 

Himchan smiled as he leaned back, “And prey tell what am I supposed to do?”

 

“Sit there, relax and look gorgeous,” Yongguk said with a happy smile towards Himchan, “You deserve a rest after all your hard work.”

 

Giving the other a look, Himchan let out a happy sigh and rested down, stealing Yongguk’s shirt and jacket so that he could use them like a pillow and enjoy the sunshine for a little bit though after a minute or so he ended up sitting upright, grabbing his phone and snapped hundreds more adorable pictures of Daddy and son looking so happy and carefree together. He had thousands upon thousands of photographs of the pair of them already but there were just so many precious moments that he could hardly contain himself. Being able to capture the moment in a single shot was something that was so magical even after the novelty had worn off that Himchan never wanted to lose the ability to do so no matter what happened in the future.

 

After a little while, Yongguk scooped up Zelo and came back towards the picnic blanket, smiling as he saw that Himchan had stopped snapping photographs five minutes before had started to dish out the selection of foods that looked completely mouth watering and a couple of flasks of drinks. He made a quick grab for a juice cup for Zelo and sat down with a smile, “How you find the time to do this I will never know.”

 

“Having a five year old is sometimes extremely handy,” Himchan said as he took Zelo into his lap to help him with his food, “Though in your line of work it would just be distracting.”

 

Yongguk nodded, “Yeah it would be. Zelo, don’t tip your drink like that, you’ll spill it.”

 

Zelo stuck his tongue out towards his father but did stop what he was doing which was good. For a few minutes the family happily ate together, mixing up the food and helping their little baby to eat as healthily as they could do. Once virtually all of the plates were cleaned, Yongguk shifted upright, “Hey Himchan, can you pass my jacket?”

 

“Here you go,” Himchan said, passing the jacket over before letting out a tut and grabbing the tissues, “Zelo you’ve got banana yogurt all over your chin! Come here, let me clean it off.”

 

Thankful for the distraction, Yongguk quickly searched in the pockets of the jacket and let out a mental sigh of relief when his fingers clasped around a small black velvet box and a jolt of excitement went through his whole heart and being. He had been worried that Himchan would find it before he had the chance to casually retrieve his jacket from him but it seemed that his beloved was far happier to watch the father and son pair being cute.

 

As he looked towards Himchan, he felt his heart flutter at the scene in front of him, the sunlight was just gently caressing his skin and hair, making the other appear to be just as stunning as the first time that Yongguk had laid eyes on him back on that planet that was so far away from them that it almost felt like a dream for them for them to be actually here right now. He smiled and knew that it was now or never, even if Zelo was there looking completely bewildered about the whole situation because oddly that just made everything feel even more perfect and right.

 

Pulling the box out of his pocket, he quickly hid it behind his back and smiled towards Himchan who had finished cleaning up Zelo to a satisfactory standard and was giving him a packet of Haribo Cola Bottles as a reward. “Himchan,” he called out softly to the other, smiling brightly when he got the others full attention directed only at him.

 

“Yes?” Himchan asked softly in return, blinking oh so innocently at Yongguk with no idea about what was coming.

 

Taking a deep breath, Yongguk started, “I know that we are always going to be one and that spiritually we have been married for a lot longer time than either one of us would profess to but I want us to be more than that. Kim Himchan, would you do me the honour of marrying me and becoming my life partner?” He held out the box which contained a shimmering white gold ring with three diamonds in the top, one a deep red for himself, the one next to it a stunning pink and a final white one for their innocent little baby boy.

 

For a few seconds Himchan stared in completely shock towards Yongguk before carefully setting aside Zelo and throwing his arms around his lovers neck with a half strangled cry as he attempted to not burst into tears. “Yes,” he finally managed to stammer out, giving up on the tears, “You knew all along that I would say it…Oh Guk, I just…I mean…I love you.”

 

“I love you too,” Yongguk said, feeling his heart, pride and chest swell with pride as he slipped the ring onto Himchan’s finger and kissed him deeply and passionately, ignoring Zelo’s incredulous outcry of them being mushy.

 

Pulling back, Himchan smiled and shook his head, “But how are we going to be able to afford it? I mean, with Zelo starting school and everything it’s just...”

 

Yongguk placed his fingers gently onto Himchan’s lips, “Don’t worry about that, just enjoy it. I’ve got it all covered my love and we’ll have the wedding that you always wanted.”

 

Himchan found more tears flowing from his eyes as he hugged up against Yongguk, smiling when Zelo was brought in after being given a new Tigger toy by his Father and hugging the two men who meant the world to him closer than he had ever done before. He couldn’t believe that he was going to marry Yongguk, it was really something out of a storybook and Himchan couldn’t help but feel more blessed than he had ever done in his entire life.