Chapter 2

The Rich Man's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Jung Residence - Dinner Time

"I really hope that you will stay longer here" Mr. Jung, Jessica's father, the family's number one in charge of everything, the CEO of Jung Company is holding a platter of rice and diligently serving his princess as if he's like a royal maid, a rare side of him that only comes out whenever Jessica is at home. 

"What do you mean with that, Dad?" Jessica can’t help but laugh, she exactly knows what her father is trying to say but she loves it whenever she plays innocent in front of him.

“You leave when you’re bored and I hate it whenever you do that” Boa, who is silently watching the father - daughter interaction is amazed by how Mr. Jung gets softy and vulnerable in front of everyone, it’s indeed a rare scene seeing the man who literally controls everything and considered as one of the most powerful men in the country is here right now acting like a tamed lion because of her precious daughter.

“Thanks, Dad” she smiled and grabbed her father’s hand “And don’t worry, I plan to stay longer here” and that made the man’s face literally lit up from happiness.

“Anyway, has Jinwoon returned to his work yet?” and with just the mention of his name everyone fell into silence for the second time that day and Jessica already knew the answer to her question.

“No, Not yet, your brother is still suspended from the company” her uncle Simon answered in behalf of Jessica’s father who can’t utter a single word.

“He knows nothing but stay in the house and go clubbing” Yunho can only shake his head as he joins the conversation about their brother.

“It’s all my fault. No wonder he’s still mad at me” Sadness and guilt washed over Jessica’s face as she listens to them talking bad things towards her brother Jinwoon, it feels like he became a total outcast from the family. And that’s all because of her.

“I can’t see anything wrong from what you did, Jess. It is just right that you told us what you saw that day” says Mr. Jung trying to pacify his daughter with words that are nothing but false to Jessica’s ears.

“Uh – excuse me? I’m just curious because Yunho does not like sharing especially when it comes to family matters but since I’ll be joining your family soon – “

“Babe” Yunho interrupted

“I wanna know..” Boa insisted, she feels like an outcast whenever they talk about Jinwoon, is it really confidential? What crime did he do for him to get this kind of treatment? And what is that one thing that Jessica told to her family that made all of them hates him?

“Now Jessica, what is this thing that you told them about Jinwoon?” this is Boa’s thing, when she can’t get the answer to her questions she’ll never stop asking till you tell her the truth and Jessica was taken aback, well, not really, because she has been expecting something like this to happen, to experience her future sister in law’s authoritative attitude, well she didn’t top the 2011 bar exam for nothing, and yes, she’s a lawyer.

“Sweetie, as much as possible we don’t like talking about that issue. It’s all in the past, okay?” says Mrs. Jung trying to drop the topic

“Boa, as you can see, Jinwoon is a black sheep of the family” the elder Jung joined the conversation making Boa’s brows knitted in confusion, black sheep?

”Actually if only not for Jessica I could have already kicked him out of this house”

“Gramps, don’t say anything like that. He will only be more mad at me and I think he had already changed –“ change from what? Jessica found herself looking for the right word to say

“from that aspect”

“We really hope so” Mr. Jung said sounding doubtful as always when it comes to his son’s progress into becoming the man worthy of their name.

Mrs. Jung could only sigh from irritation “Gosh, can we just drop this topic off? And talk about my eldest son and Boa’s upcoming wedding which is happening in three days?”

"Wait, what?! The wedding is in three days?!" thanks to Jessica's shocked reaction because the topic about Jinwoon was immediately forgotten, who on earth would not know his or her brother's date of wedding anyway? Well, there's Jessica Jung.

Mrs. Jung could only heave a sigh of relief - God, thank you.

11:19 PM

Some are already sleeping by this time but for Yuri the night is still young. Wearing a plain white shirt and a sleeveless black vest to add on its accent and a striking black tight pants to complete her get up for tonight's gig, and oh don't forget her black butterfly shaped sunglasses that makes her a sizzling hot lesbian DJ. Good thing she doesn't like wearing heavy and dark make ups because if she do she will surely look like an emo by now.

"Tae?" she gave three knocks on her friend's door and when she heard the girl said "Come in" she wasted no time and turn the knob and entered Taeyeon's room, and there she saw her best friend sitting on a swivel chair being busy as always. Yuri can't help but shake her head at her friend's very routine life. She sat on the girl's bed and watched Taeyeon do all her things: typing and entering datas on her computer, scribbling some notes that looks like alien to Yuri, checking her handphone from time to time, multi tasking.

"Kim Taeyeon, I just want to remind you that I am here"

"I know, Kwon Yuri" she said with her eyes fully fixated on her desktop while her hands are busy typing like a maniac on her keyboard that would probably surrender any moment by now"

"What do you want?" Taeyeon stopped from what she's doing when she saw Yuri getting all pissed off from her peripheral vision, she turn her chair and face her best friend.

"What?" she said

"Kim Taeyeon, do you even know how boring your life is?" Yuri sarcastically said and Taeyeon only gave her a shrug

"When wil you ever learn to loosen up?" she took a glance on Taeyeon's desktop just to see what keeping her busy this late at night.

"Gosh, Tae, you're still working on that wedding thing?"

"Look Yul, I just want this wedding to be perfect, okay?" Yuri rolls her eyes.

"If you don't stop what you're doing right now, I swear to God you won't be seeing me on the wedding day and if that happens you'll be forced to look for a sound engineer and a DJ, a y one"

"Are you trying to blackmail me? Because it's working" and all of a sudden a smirk appeared on the tan girl's face, a victorious kind of smirk and in just a split of second Taeyeon's computer was switched off in no time.

"Happy?"

"Very" Taeyeon can't help but roll her eyes from her friend's mocking answer

"Anyway, are you up for some one night stand again?" Taeyeon teased

"Tae.." Yuri started "Lesbians like us go out not because we want to meet some hot babes but because we want to enjoy, that's all" 

"If you say so.." Yuri's phone vibrated telling her that she has a message, and when she checked what the message was all about she immediately stood up and slid the phone back to her pocket.

"I guess I have to go now, they are already waiting for their badass DJ" Yuri winked and Taeyeon suddenly felt like puking. And just when Yuri was about to reach Taeyeon's door she called out her friend's name

"What?"

"I just want to remind you that's already past 11 in evening"

"And so?" Yuri asked, confused with Taeyeon's words

"It's freaking 11:30 in the evening, Yul! and you're wearing sunglasses!" Taeyeon laughed making Yuri's face heat up from embarassment

"Shut up! this is fashion!" she stormed out from Taeyeon's room and that leaves the girl laughing

"Fashion my " she said as she switches on her personal computer and went back to her work again.

He was mindlessly switching channels when Jessica came in to his room, he immediately pressed the red button the moment he saw the person he hates the most.

"Hi..." Jessica awkwardly said "I'm back.." she gulped as she take some baby steps towards her brother

"I brought something for you, and I know that you will surely like this" she gave to him the two cased cds that she's been holding since she entered his room, it was actually two of his favorite PS games; Bloodborne and Grand Theft Auto 5

Jinwoon clenches his jaw which didn't go unnotice by his sister and Jessica was teriffied. He took the two CDs and stared at it for awhile and without any further notice he threw them all against the wall making Jessica tremble from her brother's sudden outburst.

Jinwoon stood up, towering Jessica with his height

"Can you please stop acting as if we are fine?" he said between gritted teeth

Tears started welling up on the girl's eyes "Oppa, you are my brother! and I missed you! I'm sorry for what happened before, God knows how much I regretted everything I did!" she tries to get a hold of her brother but Jinwoon strongly pries her hands off of him

"I hope you will forgive me..I'm sorry! please.. oppa"

"Enough! I don't want to see your face" He stares intently at his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter