Chapter 4

The Rich Man's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Did I really say yes to Yuri?" Taeyeon asked to no one, her voice echoed inside her room. Right after her unexpected lunch with Yuri and some uncommon faces and Jessica, all girls went to their separate ways to do their thing, Shopping maybe, she assumed. 

Sitting on her bed, she can no longer remember how many times she sighed that day. It still bothers her that few hours from now she's going to enter the place she never thought of entering again. Clubbing, Bar hopping, and partying were never her thing, not only because she has low alcohol tolerance but also because when she gets drunk, even by just having few shots, she would right away do crazy things out of her control, and just by thinking of the possible things that might happen to her she can't help but almost gagged.

Shaking those thoughts off from her head she stood up and went to her walked in closet, and as she scan her clothes, another sigh escaped her lips, her clothes are mostly consists of cocktail dresses, different types of coats, blazers, pencil skirts and few button down shirts since her job requires her to always look professional infront of her clients. She rarely buy plain clothings since never go out that much execept for client meetings, and looking formal for tonight's gala is not on her list. As she rummage her closet, she found her long lost black tattered jeans and her limited edition Nirvana shirt "I guess this will do" she nodded, praising herself for her small achievement. Right after that, she opened a cabinet that reveals her collections of sneakers, though it was many she still can't find a pair that would match her chosen outfit. Feeling dejected, she decided to close the cabinet but as she was about to do it something from the far right caught her attention, a small smirk apperead on her face and grabbed that pair of shoes. 

+++

An endless ringing of doorbell made Taeyeon tore her gaze away from the computer, she looked at her wristwatch and it reads 8:42 pm. She groaned. Taeyeon stood up to open the door, she didn't even bother checking the security camera since she already knew who the intruder was. The door swung open revealing a furious Yuri.

"Why did you change the passcode?!" the tall girl almost growled, and Taeyeon just rolled her eyes, both of them are clearly annoyed on each other.

"That's what you get from dragging me to this " Yuri was about to retort but her phone suddenly rang, she fished her phone from her back pocket and stared at the unknown caller ID. She showed it to Taeyeon and the latter just shrugged. Yuri pondered whether to pick the call or not, she thought maybe it's one her chicas trying to reach her for some good time, and she hates it because for her all girls that she meets expires the moment she got what she needs from them, game over. She sighed before answering the call.

"Hello? Yeah, speaking. Who is this?" her contorted face was suddenly replaced by an annoying grin that Taeyeon hates the most.

"I knew it! you can't --" the person she was talking to shouted making her ear almost bleed from the impact.

"Yah! you don't have to shout!" Yuri clenched her jaw and Taeyeon just chuckled at her bestfriend who look so funny at the moment.

"Fine, we'll just meet you there" and the call ended. Yuri ran a hand on her hair, completely pissed.

"Who was that?" Taeyeon asked, leaning her body against the doorframe.

"That homophobic, rich kid Im Yoona" Taeyeon rolls her eyes for the second time that night

"And what made you think that she's a homophobic, huh?"

Yuri sighed in defeat, she don't know what made her conclude that Yoona is a homophobic, she just assumed since the kid look so uncomfortable around them when they had a lunch earlier that day.

"Anyway, we should get going now. The girls are waiting for us" And it was Taeyeon's time to sigh, she nodded and asked Yuri to wait for her. She went inside and grabbed her phone and wore her leather jacket, and as expected the jacket added accent that made her more hot and... ravishing.

 

+++

Yuri pulled over at the bar's parking area. And eventhough they are still inside the car, the blasting sound coming from the bar reached their ears. Guess it's more defeaning when we enter there, Taeyeon thought. Unbuckling their seatbelts, the two girls then clamber down from the car. Tonight was a jam packed, to think that there are still vehicles lining outside to enter the place. The two girls joined the sea of people crowding at the entrance of the bar, and as expected, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Jessica were already there waiting for them, but the three have not noticed yet the presence of Yuri and Taeyeon. The tall girl pulled Taeyeon but the latter felt her feet got stuck on the ground. Yuri frowned at her friend and just pulled Taeyeon with a bit of force this time.

Jessica was the first one to notice Yuri and Taeyeon. A smile crept on her lips. She observed Taeyeon's outfit, and she must say that she loves this kind of attire for Taeyeon. The girl looked so young, loosened up, and gorgeous.. Jessica shook her head and mentally slapped herself for thinking that way towards Taeyeon. Hey, there's nothing wrong in admiring a woman's outfit of the night, right? Jessica agreed to herself.

"Sorry for making you guys wait" Yuri started, breaking Sooyoung and Yoona's conversation. 

"Nah, it's okay.. Shall we get inside and start the party?" Sooyoung wiggled her eyebrows making the rest of the girls laughed at her childishness.

A lot of stares were being thrown to them the moment they entered the place. It was a reaction that Jessica expected, people did recognize her, but what she didn't expect was when a group of girls made their way to Taeyeon as if she's some celebrity. Some even squealed like a die hard fangirl. She even overheard some girls saying

"OMG, is that Taeyeon?"

"holy gods of heaven! it really is Taeyeon!"

Yoona noticed it too. She elbowed Jessica and whispered "What the hell is wrong with those girls?"

As much as Jessica wanted to know the answer to Yoona's question, she needs to act nonchalant towards it to avoid any misunderstnading or whatsover eventhough she's curious as hell too. Maybe Taeyeon was just really popular? But why didn't I get that kind of response from those girls? I'm popular too, way popular than the kpop idols and actors in the country, she thought. So Jessica just chose to shrug "I don't know either"

Yoona then felt a tug from her wrist, and when she took a glance she saw Sooyoung grabbing her and Jessica towards the VIP couch whom she assumed was reserved by Yuri. Speaking of Yuri, where is that girl anyway? Yoona mentally asked herself. She started craning her neck from left to right trying to get a glimpse of the tan girl. And as if gods were listening to her, Yuri suddenly popped infront of her which made the younger girl clutched her chest for a near heart attack.

"Yah! Don't ever do that again!" Yoona said between gritted teeth "You're like a crazy mushroom who pops up anytime"

"Yeah yeah, whatever" Yuri said sarcastically, what's wrong this girl?

"Anyway.." She started, getting the attention of Sooyoung and Jessica who immediately snapped their attention to Yuri. The said girls were seem so busy observing the place.

"What drinks are you going to take a sip first?" she inquired

"Mine's hurricane!!" Sooyoung almost shouted

"Hurricane?" Yuri repeated, making sure she heard it right

"Uh huh" Sooyoung nodded

"Are you serious, Soo? You're getting  hurricane for your first drink?"

"Why? What's wrong with that?" she furrowed her brows and pouted a little, the kind of pout that made the rest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter