Chapter 1

The Rich Man's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 15, 2015 9:23 AM

“Ladies and gentlemen this is your captain, Philip Lee, we like to welcome you onboard Korean Air Flight 8236, flight to Incheon, South Korea. Flight duration is around 13 hours and 5 minutes and we are expecting a fairly smooth flight today. Once again we thank you for choosing to fly with us today and we hope you enjoy your flight”

Seated on a Kosmo Suite is Jessica Jung. She’s fumbling inside her bag as she was trying to locate her sleeping pills, she must take it before the plane takes off, and she must already be asleep before that happens. Jessica Jung, the princess and the unica hija of the Jung Company is surprisingly afraid of heights, a fascinating fear that nobody knows exists. She may have traveled a lot of times already but that never helped in overcoming her fear. She hates all rides that make all her insides flip.

“Found you!” She immediately slipped the pill inside and almost finished that one bottled water she brought with her. She heaved a sigh as she let the drug slowly drown from to her stomach.

“God, when will I ever conquer this fear?” her right hand slightly smacking her forehead as the sleeping pill is starting to take its effect, she leaned back to prepare herself for a long sleep when a flight attendant suddenly interrupted her almost Princess Aurora moment.

“Good morning, Maam. We just want to tell you that we have various drinks for you to choose, we have 1996 bottle of Dom Perignon, Da Hong Pao tea, -“ the attendant stopped her blabbering when she saw Jessica raised her hand, eyes almost squinting as she fights the urge to sleep.

“Can..you..do..me..a..favor?” Jessica managed to ask the attendant though she’s already half-awake when she did it.

“Of course Ma’am, our main duty is to attend –“

“Can you just offer all those drinks to other passengers? As you can see I’m trying to get a sleep here” she snapped making the attendant’s cheeks flushed from embarrassment. She bowed and muttered sorry to the girl before she turned her back and left. What do you expect? She’s Jessica Jung after all, the ice princess with a scary resting face. 

May 15, 2015 11:17 AM

"Everything is ready for your big day, Mister Jung" a woman who stands between 5'1" and 5'2" flashed a smile to the said man as she passed her ipad to him to show that the venue for his wedding, the church, the reception, and the booking for Club Ellui located in Gangnam is already confirmed. Yunho can't help but smile from satisfaction.

"What can I say? I really made the right choice in picking you as my wedding planner. Great job, Taeyeon." she extended his hand for a hand shake and Taeyeon gladly shook it.

"I now believe that you are the best event organizer in town"

"Thank you. I just love and enjoy what I am doing, Mister Jung"

"I should treat you for lunch" He offered and Taeyeon immediately declined

"I would love to, Sir, but there are still works waiting for me in my office" she unconsciously pouted which made the man in front of her smile "How can you be so hot and cute at the same damn time? I can't believe this girl is a lesbian" he thought. He already knew about Taeyeon's uality, I mean who would not? Taeyeon is a person who would first introduce her uality before her name to her client. 

"I understand, I will just send someone to deliver a meal for you and for your staff"

"What? N- no.. You don't have to, I can - "

"Miss Kim, I insist. This is nothing compared to what you have done for my upcoming wedding which I know will be a kick one" he laughed which made Taeyeon laughed too.

"I'll take that as a yes" he pointed at Taeyeon's laugh and the girl could only nod as she approved "I have to go now. I'll see you in four days’ time" Taeyeon slightly bowed "See you Sir"

Just a few seconds after Yunho entered the elevator, Taeyeon's phone started vibrating indicating that she has a call. She fished it out from her back pocket and her face churned in disgust the moment she saw the name of the person calling her. 

"Ugh" she muttered under her breath "When will you stop calling me?" and for the nth time that day she tapped the red button, declining the call.

May 16, 2015 13:41 PM

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have arrived at Incheon International Airport 20 minutes earlier than the expected arrival. The current temperature is 19 degrees celcius, the current local time is 01:41 in the afternoon. The time difference between Los Angeles and Incheon is 16 hours. Please be sure to take all your personal items with you. Once again thank you for flying with Korean Air, we hope you had a pleasant flight."

"Guess I'll never get used to traveling long hours.." Jessica groaned in frustration, she looked inside her bag not for her pills but for her make up. The first thing she grabbed was her Cla de Peau Beaute pressed powder, she checked her face from its small mirror and was happy to see how her bare face could still look stunning without putting any make up on. She has a natural milky white skin and rosy cheeks, two of the many things that women envy her for. She fished her favorite armor, her facial mist. She made some shakings before spraying it on a circular motion on her face "Ahhh that feels good" she smiled and started applying light red lipstick, she made some popping sounds here and there as she finds her desired shade. “There, perfect"

22 minutes later…

"Jessica! Oh My God" A girl sporting a black blazer with a white shirt underneath it and a y floral printed pants hugging her model-like body approached Jessica and gave her the I've missed you hug, the kind of hug that never fails to melt the blonde's heart, it's like telling her welcome home. It’s one of the few reasons why Jessica likes coming back to her native land.

Im Yoona, Jessica's bestfriend since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter