The Party

My Superstar Ex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you think Seohyun would come, Jung Yong?” Jungshin asked and a smile spread his face, it has been a while that he heard Jung Yong and Seohyun in the same sentence.

 

The party has started but Seohyun and her mom was nowhere in sight. His neck has been craning to their house every 30 seconds, hoping a figure would come out. But by the looks of it, no one was there, the house has been empty since afternoon.

 

“I wonder where they went” he mumbled to himself

 

“Yah! Will you stop day dreaming?” Jonghyun nudged him.

 

He gave Jonghyun an irritated look, making him put his hands up and said “Arasso, arasso”

 

Jungshin was about to say something when they heard Minhyuk gasp and as if on trance went towards the gate and greeted someone at the gate.

 

“Seohyun Omma’s here” Jungshin stated “But who…” and then his eyes went wide together with Yonghwa and Jonghyun “Is that?....”

 

“Uri Hyun” Yonghwa finished. Bothered by the way Minhyuk acted. Well, he must admit that both were quiet close back then, with the same birthday and all, not only that, he somewhat felt that Minhyuk sort of liked his Hyun too. He sighed.

 

He watched as Minhyuk smiled widely and both blushed “Omo?” with gritted teeth he hurriedly came closer as he studied Seo Joohyun.

 

It was the first time he saw her without her nerdy eyeglasses, now framing her face is a few curled strands of hair and bangs, her usual long straight black hair now curled at the tips making it bounce every move she make, her face has minimal to none make-up. God, she’s beautiful.

 

She was wearing a white cold shoulder top tucked in a pink midi skirt, and a y strappy sandals on her feet. She looked lady-like and mature. He felt proud and possessive.

 

He bumped Minhyuk’s shoulder discreetly as he arrived “Thank you for coming Omonim…” he said “Hyun” he added earning him a glare from Seohyun, but he ignored it and smiled as he guided them to his mother, the birthday celebrant.

 

--

 

Glaring at his back as they were guided to the birthday celebrant, her mom whispered to her “hey, tone it down”

 

“What?” she mouthed

 

“Your glaring” she said and before she could answer, she saw her mom’s smile spread across her face as she approached Yonghwa’s mother “Happy Birthday, chingu-yah!” she said and gave her a big hug.

 

She followed suit “Happy Birthday Omonim!” she smiled, bowed and handed her their gift.

 

“Oh, sweet Seohyun! How beautiful you’ve grown!” she gave her a hug “Look at you!” she distanced herself at arms-length and studied her from head to foot, making her blush

 

“T-thank you Omonim” she replied, shy.

 

“Goodness, dinner has been served, both of you should eat” Mrs. Jung exclaimed leading them to the banquet “Remember to enjoy the rest of the evening. And Yonghwa, can you take care of them for me?” she added before excusing herself to tend to the other guests

 

“No, it’s okay”

 

“Yes, Omma”

 

Seohyun and Yonghwa said in unison, making their mother chuckle

 

“Kids!” they both said, eyes rolling

 

“I thought it’s a simple get together, but by the looks of it…” her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter