The Art of Kissing, According to Cho Kyuhyun (Chapter 2)

The Art of Kissing, According to Cho Kyuhyun

"It was somewhere behind the school, right?"

He forgot that he ever told her. "The park bench." The question amused him.

"With all those people?" She was referring to the park and the basketball court next to it full of students during the day, just playing or hanging out after school.

"No. It was like, around 7 or 8 at night, after the band practice. There was nobody. You guys were already left."

"And then?"

He let out a laugh, "Why do you want to know so much?" But she persisted, so he continued, "If you remember one of the bench had a street lamp right above that shone on it. It was really quiet, just the two of us. So I thought,..." He added, sheepishly, "I just sort of went for it."

"Aigoo," Sungmin exclaimed, "You sneaky."

"That wasn't..."

"Sneakyu!"

"What–You are NOT giving me another nickname!" But she was snickering and he just rolled his eyes in disbelief. Rocker Kyu, Evil Kyu, Game Kyu, Dancing Kyu (this actually was used to name his bouncing about on stage–to which he strongly objected, those were NOT dancing!―but apparently, it had been used as an irony because rhythm had never been his forte), Hair- Kyu (and this, apparently, for everytime he tried to do some attempts at head-banging, and other times when he unconsciously touched his head while nailing a particular high note), Drakyula (for looking like a vampire everytime he sported the dark outfit and dark eye makeup for the stage, that she said contrasted so much with his pale skin), Fail Kyu (for, well, everytime he attempted anything and failed miserably), and now there was this. Sneaky Kyu. Sneakyu. It didn't even sound plausible, he cringed. It was even worse than Creeper Kyu, the nickname he got because of that one time he had barged into her room to borrow a flashdisk, not knowing she was changing her clothes.

"Why are you asking?" It had suddenly occurred to him the many reasons why she had asked. Could it be that... "Don't tell me you and Yesung haven't kissed yet? You guys have been going out for almost–"

"Of course we have." She cut him, her cheeks slightly tinted pink.

"Hey, you were the one asking such weird question first."

Sungmin ignored his comment and left it at that. And he let it. They continued to watch in silence. He was thinking of how pretty the actress who played the female protagonist was, when she suddenly asked again.

"Did it feel good?"

"What?" He blinked.

"Was it good?" She repeated her question.

"What was good?" He stammered. There was no way Sungmin knew he had been imagining the actress just now...

"Your first kiss."

Oh. That. "Umm..."

"I take that as a no."

"It was." He stated.

"Really?" She eyed him, "I don't believe you."

"Seriously. In fact, it was so good that few seconds after the initial first kiss, I kissed her again... And then again, few days later, at that same place."

"Hmm..." was all that she said before she turned back facing the TV, resting her chin on her knees. A smirk slowly spread on Kyuhyun's lips. See, he was right, there must be something bothering her but she wouldn't spit it out just now. All he needed was a little poke. Just a little...

"It's not that good with you and Yesung?"

*poke*

Kyuhyun leaned back and crossed his arm over his chest, trying to suppress a grin as he watched her eyes grew wide.

Oh, dead on.

"How did you... It wasn't exactly, I mean..." She mumbled.

Kyuhyun let out a laugh. Frankly, he was slightly relieved that the problem wasn't anything catastrophic, like Yesung getting another woman pregnant or something. "All that, just because of a kiss? Was it that bad?"

Her face was flushed red. "Well, maybe I don't know anything about kissing... But..." She tried to find a better word, but she couldn't find one and gave up at the first thing that came to her mind, "It feels like being hit by a truck." Kyuhyun burst out laughing.

"Kyu, don't laugh. I'm serious."

"Okay, sorry. Umm, what do you mean by... getting hit by a tru–" He started laughing again.

"Do you want to die?"

"Sorry, go on."

She eyed him for a second. "Well it's just... too much." He frowned. She sighed, "It was like he wants to maul my face."

"See!" He suddenly exclaimed that it startled her, "That's why you shouldn't call him 'Yesung bear'. Bears maul peopl–AOW!"

Kyuhyun rubbed the spot on his arm where Sungmin had smacked him. She might be a girl, but she knew how to deliver a good hit. Kyuhyun seemed to forget the fact that she learned taekwondo. "When did I ever call him THAT? Aish, nevermind. Just forget I ever said anything." She then proceeded to sulk, like a 5 year old.

"I'm kidding!"

"Yeah, just laugh." She was still pouting, "I bet you're lying. I bet all the girls you've kissed felt like they were kissing a rock, or something."

It was actually cute when she was mad, pouting and all that. Kyuhyun couldn't help but smiling a little. "You just can't take it that I'm a much better kisser than your Yesung oppa." He said the last bit in excessive, hair-raising, cuteness. Her reaction was exactly what he expected.

"No you're not."

"You know that I am."

"Yeah right." She rolled her eyes.

"Just ask all those girls I've kissed."

"They would just say you're a horrible kisser."

"You wanna bet?"

She gave him a death glare. I take that as a yes, he smirked then leaned forward right in front of her face. She gasped and jumped a good one meter back, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Kyuhyun laughed. "Chicken."

She glared at him. "You..."

"You're just afraid that I'm right, and that you'll like it."

"This delusional bastard..." She scoffed.

"Only one way to prove it."

"Coming any closer and I'll..."

Suddenly he had her down on the sofa and was leaning over her, "You'll what?"

"What the hell are you doing?" A hint of panic in her voice. He had pinned her arms down on each sides of her head.

"Kyu, I'm warning you..." She struggled and was considering on launching a taekwondo move on her friend and made him regret it, but her threat dispersed quickly, along with her breath. It had seemed as if the air around her had depleted of oxygen, but was filled instead with the scent of his soap, or shampoo, fresh from his shower earlier. It had smelled so good. And the way his eyes were boring into hers...

He ignored her threat. Instead, he was leaning down. She shut her eyes, bracing for the impact, when suddenly the weight was off her and Kyuhyun was laughing hard on the other side of the sofa.

"You should have seen..." he said in between his laughter, "the look on your face..."

"Jerk!" She hit his leg and walked off to her room. Kyuhyun spent the next five minutes limping around, cursing.