Chapter

If I Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was starting to leave. Students packed their things and waved goodbye to their friends. Bomi, on the other hand, was still seated on her chair along with Myungsoo, who was beside her. They both sat heavily on their chairs feeling burdened about being current month’s cleaners. It started a week ago, their teacher, Ms. Park, decided that they would be cleaners due to their lack of interest in class and today was their first day. Bomi sighed and sat up from her chair.

“Come on,” she said. Myungsoo didn’t budge. She had no choice but to help him up. Her responsibility was twice as hard now. Myungsoo was acting like a child because no matter how much she pulls him he wouldn’t move even the slightest. “Myungsoo! You’re making it hard for me!”

“Don’t want to.”

“Myungsoo!”

He didn't reply. 

“Fine!” she said. “I’ll clean, but you stay here! Don’t leave me, okay? I’ll get the equipment,” before she leaves, she made sure that he stayed put on his chair.

After a while, she ru=eturned from getting the needed cleaning tools.

“Myungsoo, I finally found the-“ he wasn’t there. “Myungsoo?” she walks along the hall, but he wasn’t there. The hall was silent, it was creepy. She cursed the guy under her breath and returned to the classroom.

“When I see him I’ll give a good smacking,” she said full with rage. She hurries with her cleaning and doesn't notice that the sun has already set and outside was very dark.

“Miss Yoon!” she jumped when her name was suddenly called.

“Oh! Ms. Park! You scared me! Please don’t do that again,” she sighed.

“I’m sorry but the sun’s down already and you’re still here. The other cleaners already went home,” Bomi looks around and notices that the sun has set. “Where’s Mr. Kim?”

“He left,” Bomi pouted.

“Looks like I paired you with a difficult one,” Ms. Pakr chuckled. “Well hurry now. Go home safely,” and with that Bomi gathered her things and exited the classroom.

“Aigoo. It’s snowing,” she looked up at the sky and countless snow was falling from above. Every drop that fell on her face felt very cold. She hated it. Somehow, she hated the snow for no reason. But since she was a child it always bothered her. Just like its feeling, cold, that;s how she feels when it snows, cold. “Better hurry.”

Bomi walked straight ahead, but something familiar caught the corner of her eye. She swore she saw her brother’s silhouette from the street on her right.

“Sungkyu Oppa?” she called. It’s him! She ran towards him. “Sungkyu Oppa!” she got nearer. I’m so glad he’s here now I have someone to go home with. “Sungkyu Oppa. I’m so glad you’re-“ she freezes.

“You’re not my brother,” she said. Her speech falters once she clearly sees the dark figure’s real features. The man in front of her was far from being her brother. He had tattoos all over his body, a cigarette on his mouth, and a beer in his left hand it was a terrifying sight for Bomi. Noticing Bomi's presence, the stranger looks menacingly at Bomi and she felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter