Chapter

If I Do
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was too irritating.

Bomi was sleeping peacefully on her bed, inside her room and no sound was heard other than the noise of glasses bumping into each other. For a while, the noise stops but continues again. Bomi twitches when she hears the glasses’ sounds.

“It’s hurting my ear,” she thought in displeasure. “What is happening?”  with wrinkles forming on her forehead and her eyebrows pulled down together, Bomi sits up. She squints her eyes to let them adjust to the darkness. Her eyes looks around the room and something unusual caught her attention.

There was a guy in her room.

Her eyes became wide and her jaw drops when she sees the guy just standing calmly by the window. Bomi looks up and down at him before looking around frantically in her room.

"Who are you?" She stuttered and clutches the blanket on her lap when she thinks that the man was a burglar and that he was the one making the sounds. The guy gave no reply but simply adjusted the position of his legs and crosses his arms.

“Hey! I am asking who you are? What are you doing in this house?” she asked alarmed. “And were you the one making all that noise?” just when she asked the question, the shattering of glass is heard from the room. “Eh? But… who was that? His partner?” Bomi glances at the man again in fear, not knowing what to do, she starts to shake. The mysterious guy then approaches her. Bomi is more afraid. Their distance gradually shortens as the guy takes steps forward little by little.

“Stay away!” she shuts her eyes when he finally reaches her and waits for something bad to occur.

“Would you calm down for a minute?” the man spoke in an annoyed tone. Bomi looks at him, surprised by his words. “It was your father making the noises not me.”

“So you’re not a burglar?” she asked awkwardly.

He glares at her and makes a tsk sound. “Of course not.”                                      

Bomi puts a hand to her chest and sighs wth relief. More importantly, who was the man standing in front of her? What was her identity? What was he doing in her room? All kinds of questions went in her mind as she stares at the man. Even though she knew that the man in front of her was not a dangerous, she still grew suspicious of him. She glares at him and he had no reaction other than shrugging his shoulders and turning away from her.

“Come your appa asked me to come get you.”

“Ah yes of course,” she replied and walked carefully behnd him.

“Ah sweetie you’re finally awake,” Bomi’s father is pouring hot tea on a glass cup. Seeing this, she finally understood where the noise came from. Her father was a bit clumsy. “I was wondering when yu would wake up.”

“What’s this about?” Bomi and the mysterious man sits on the table, across from each other. The man nods his head to Bomi’s father as thanks for the sweet-scented tea.

“Ah about that… we have an important matter to discuss. Sorry for waking you up so late, sweetie,” indeed it was late. It was past midnight and normally people in their house would be sleeping. “As we all know, you’ve met with him.”

The man rises from his seat and bows to Bomi as greeting. “I’m Kim Myungsoo. Sorry for not intrdoduing myself before hand,” after his simple greeting. Bomi immeditely stands up and also bows.

“I’m Yoon Bomi. Nice to meet you,” with that she sits awkwardly on her chair. “Appa, what was the matter you wanted to talk about?” she asked.

“Ah yes,” Bomi’s father clears his throat andsmiles at his daughter. “Myungsoo will be staying with us for a while.” A confused look crawled on Bomi’s face. “You see, Myungsoo’s parents and I have been good friends for a long time. Because of his parents work, they’ve been admitted to a different country and they wanted Myungsoo to continue his studies here instead of studying abroad. So starting from today, he will be staying with us. Pleasse take good care of him.”

Sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter