The Vïrgin Meets the Boys

red silk wrists
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VI: the meets the boys

14:03

The black limo smoothly rolls up in front of the Snow’s three story home in Blossom Circle. Jungin isn’t sure why, but the vibe she gets now is a lot less like a perfectly picturesque scene and more like a gravitational field—pulling her further and further in, inviting her to learn all the secrets behind those doors.

On top of that, about halfway through the ride, Baekhee’s phone started vibrating with nonstop text notifications. Baekhee then glued herself to the screen, sometimes giggling and sometimes cursing under her breath, but always typing away at the speed of light. It intrigued Jungin and for some reason, she was well aware that Baekhee was texting the man she had told Jungin about.

“Jungin? Are you coming?” Baekhee snaps her out of her thoughts. Jungin smiles easily and nods.

“Sorry, I was lost in thought~” Jungin easily covers for her actions. Baekhee nods and Jungin is sure the other woman thinks nothing of her brief moment of bizarre behavior.

“Are you nervous?” Baekhee whispers to the other woman as they reach the front door. Her eyes are twinkling again, and Jungin decides she likes Baekhee this way—playful and excited.

“A little…” Jungin honestly tells the Snow. “I don’t really go over to other people’s houses much, I never have since I was young. I just don’t want to do anything foolish.”

“You’ll fit right in here.” Baekhee loops an arm through Jungin’s. The touch makes her heart warm. “I’m sure they’ll love you.”

And it doesn’t hit Jungin until Baekhee is already opening the door—

“Wait, they?!”

 

 

14:11

It’s just like any other home...sort of. Jungin peers around the spacious living room that looks almost like a perfect replica of a 1950’s household, if not for a few noticeable modern touches. The grass green sofas that look less comfortable than they probably are, the round coffee table with a vase full of daisies sitting in between two chairs that looked like they belonged to the same furniture set as the sofas, the light streaming in from the large open window whose mustard yellow curtains are pulled back….if not for the large HD television, the surround sound system around said TV, and the home security cameras in all of the corners of the walls where they meet the ceiling, Jungin would’ve been completely convinced she had just stepped into an episode of Mad Men.

“The décor is lovely.” Jungin breathes and Baekhee giggles.

“Thank you! You know, they didn’t like it, but I think it’s growing on them.” Baekhee sighs. Her eyes swim in a satisfied air of mystery that Jungin knows she’s well aware of.

“Who’s they, Baekhee…?” Jungin asks, her innocent act back in full mode. She gives off the air of a scared but curious school girl to her good friend.

“Well, I’ll let them tell you.” Baekhee giggles again before unwinding her arm from Jungin’s, striding through the living room and poking her head in the next room over. “Guys! Come here! I’ve brought a guest.” Baekhee yips as she walks fully through into the next room. Jungin sighs and plants her in one of the two cushy chairs on either side of the coffee table. With not a single thing on the walls and the TV remote nowhere to be found, Jungin can only wait for Baekhee to re-emerge.

Jungin doesn’t have to wait long as she hears chairs being pushed back (ah, that must be the dining room that Baekhee went into) and feet on the floor. Jungin is up on her toes in a moment, tottering only for a split second in her tall, pumps.

Baekhee reenters with two men, one much taller than her and one about the same height as her in her white wedges. Jungin immediately recognizes the one who is the same height as Baekhee as—

“Jongdae?” Jungin gasps a bit—she had most definitely not seen that one coming. The man gives an almost wolfish simper before bowing. In her surprise, Jungin had forgotten her manners and rushes now to hastily return the gesture.

“How lovely to make your acquaintance again Jungin. It’s been far too long.” Jongdae smoothly addresses as he straightens. Jungin twiddles her fingers but smiles sweetly, playing every bit the innocent girl she did when she met the overbearingly predatory man.

“Jongdae…don’t make me throw up, please and thank you.” Baekhee scoffs and Jongdae laughs good-heartedly before taking a seat on the sofa in front of Jungin. He looks to Baekhee expectantly and she gives a quick nod—an interaction that catches Jungin’s attention. But before she can get a word in—

“This, Jungin, is Park Chanyeol.” Baekhee introduces. Jungin bows low to the man and when she straightens, she sees the million-watt smile he’s flashing her way.

“Great to finally meet the woman Baekhee won’t stop chattering about~” Chanyeol booms in a surprisingly deep voice for a man with such elfish features. His height, the ashen blonde hair he plays with and his wealthy set of teeth all indicate to Jungin that this is the man Baekhee told her about—the man Baekhee is romantically involved with and the one who Jungin and Kristy believe to be involved in the controlling of the Snow. Jungin looks him up and down as discretely as possible before smiling back fakely.

“Baekhee hasn’t told me much about you, Chanyeol. It’s a pleasure, nonetheless.” Jungin curtsies for the man and dips her head as she does so. As she stands up straight again—

“Baekhee, where’ve you been hiding this woman?” Chanyeol chuckles and Baekhee pouts, smacking his arm lightly.

“Yah, should I be introducing you to other woman?” Baekhee grumbles cutely and Chanyeol gathers her in his arms like she’s precious and fragile, but at the same time knowing that she’s much stronger than that. Jungin finds the interaction unbelievably intriguing.

“You’re adorable when you’re jealous~” Chanyeol snickers low, nuzzling his cheek into the top of Baekhee’s head.

“Ew guys, go to Baekhee’s room with all that cute .” Jongdae scoffs and Jungin can’t help but giggle. Jongdae looks directly at her then and under the intense gaze, Jungin looks away, a flush coming to her cheeks.

Creep, she thinks offhandedly.

But Jongdae most certainly does not stop ogling her, and when it becomes too much, Jungin clears abruptly. Baekhee looks to her and moves away from Chanyeol, which causes Chanyeol to look himself.

“You’re alright, yes?” Baekhee murmurs a bit to Jungin. “What do you think of them?”

“They’re quite welcoming.” Jungin nods. “I just need to use the restroom~”

“Upstairs to the right.” Chanyeol answers before Baekhee can and quickly takes the Snow’s wrist in his large hand. Baekhee looks like she wants to say something, but she bites her bottom lip instead and smiles at Jungin instead. The almost narrows her eyes at the sight, but merely nods before scurrying up the staircase as fast as she can in her heels. There was an underlying tension in the atmosphere that she was dying to get away from, plus she needs to contact Kristy about all the new information she’s received.

As soon as she walks into the (huge) bathroom, Jungin locks the door, makes herself comfortable up against the counter and starts texting her second in command.

 

Yo, I think we were right…

About?

The man that the Snow is romantically involved with.

…How can you be sure?

Well, I’m at her house and I just met the guy.

You’re at the Snow’s house and you didn’t tell
me??

Calm down. Everything is fine.

But if something had happened to you…

I’ve gained her trust completely Kris. Nothing will
happen to me.

Ok. I expect a full debrief when you get back.

Always.

 

Jungin sighs as she ensures her phone is on silent and then slips it back into her bra—it was the only place she could be sure no one would see it. She flushes the toilet and turns on the faucet to pretend that she actually has gone to the bathroom before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter