The Vïrgin Gets a Taste

red silk wrists
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IV: the gets a taste

10:11

Jungin’s cellphone is ringing much too early on a Saturday morning, and she briefly wonders who has the gall to call her before 11 AM on a damn weekend.

When she rolls over to see who’s calling though, it’s none other than the Snow’s caller ID that’s lighting up her screen and sending her phone into a frenzy.

Jungin clears as quickly as possible and answers the call.

“Baekhee! To what do I owe the pleasure?” Jungin squeaks out in that innocent way that she had perfected long before meeting the Snow.

“Well, last week at the café, you told me that you wanted to get to know me better and become close. Is that still correct?” Baekhee asks. It sounds like she’s in a car.

“Y-Yes.” Jungin stutters, not sure where this conversation is going.

“Well, excellent. Because I’ve found myself taking a liking to you. So I’d like to go on a little hiking excursion and have brunch afterwards, if that sounds like something you’d enjoy.”

Jungin pauses. She really thought it would be much harder to get close to a woman of such high status, but Baekhee is quite friendly, just as the rumors said, and is constantly contacting Jungin to chit-chat.

“Of course.” Jungin replies and throws the cover off of her to begin getting ready. “Where shall we meet?”

“I’d say let’s meet at the Jungsanri Information Center. That makes the most sense, yes?”

“So we’re hiking that course of the Jirisan Mountain?” Jungin adds, not pinning the Snow (or any member of the government, really) as a hiker.

“It’s one of the few courses that I have yet to try. And it’s supposed to be moderate difficulty, so we won’t be too dead afterwards!” Jungin chuckles a bit.

“Sounds good. I should be ready in about an hour, and then I’ll head over.” Jungin honestly tells her.

“Leaving the Snow waiting…how impolite!” Baekhee teases before sighing gently. “When you get there, knock on the window of a black limo. I’ll be in there.”

“Will do.” Jungin says before Baekhee says goodbye and ends the call. Jungin heads to the kitchen to get a glass of water before starting to get ready.

“Where are you going so early on a Saturday?” Jungin nearly jumps at the sound of Soojung’s voice. She had forgotten that the younger woman had come to stay with her last night because her sister was out for a mission and she didn’t “like being alone in a house”.

“Soo, why are you even up right now?”

“I’m watching Saturday morning anime!”

“You really are your sister’s mini-me.” Jungin chuckles a bit. “Well, I’m going out. Don’t wait up~” Jungin insists as she finishes her water and heads back towards the bathroom to shower. Soojung nearly jumps off the couch and sticks her head around the corner.

“Unnie! Where are you going so early??” Soojung whines, demanding an answer for the second time. Jungin sighs and just before she steps into the bathroom—

“I’m hiking with the Snow.”

 

 

11:37

Jungin rushes onto the Jungsanri grounds, looking for a telltale black limo. The Snow couldn’t have chosen a better day to go hiking—mild weather, cloudless sky, and a refreshing little breeze. It reminded Jungin of when she was a kid and she went out on playdates with her friends. Before gender became the most pressing issue in the world and she had been forced to give up having male friends. And of course, before Asiana’s government begun to spin their webs of lies. Before Jungin can get lost in her memories, though, she spots a sleek black limo that Baekhee told her to look out for. She carefully makes her way over to it, nervous to make direct contact with the Snow for the second time. She knocks on the window and it rolls down smoothly, revealing the beautiful brunette in all of her white perfection. Her amber eyes glow with the slightest mischief and she wiggles her fingers at Jungin in greeting.

“Oh wonderful, you’ve finally arrived.” Baekhee looks Jungin up and down before her lips press into a soft line. “You’re not dressed to go hiking at all, Jungin.”

Jungin looks down at herself—sturdy cargo pants, durable hiking tennis shoes, and loose t-shirt to ensure she didn’t overheat. This is unsuitable for hiking?!

“O-Oh sorry!” Jungin pulls at her collar lightly. “I guess I should have asked for your advice while we were still on the phone…”

“That’s quite alright love! We can just go grab brunch and then find another activity to enjoy!” Baekhee is already opening the door and pulling the tan woman into the car with her. Jungin falls into Baekhee’s lap just as the other tells the driver to head to the nearest sushi restauraunt.

 

 

11:51

“I can’t wait to eat, really!” Baekhee cheers delightfully. While in the car, Jungin had heard the elder woman’s stomach making noises of distress. She briefly wonders if the reason that they’d skipped hiking was really because of Jungin’s fashion choices or because of the Snow’s empty stomach. Either way, Jungin happily would choose food over exercise any day.

“What did you order~?” Jungin asks, sipping on her water.

“Tempura bento box! Though it might not seem like it, I definitely need to keep my weight low.” Baekhee smiles, but it seems different than her normal ones—like it carries disappointment.

“I think you’re gorgeous as you are, Baekhee…And telling by how many stares we’re getting right now I’d say they agree with me.” Jungin shrugs nonchalantly but presses on, feeling that she might be able to extract something from the Snow. “Why do you need to keep your weight low anyways? Have a man you’re trying to impress?” Jungin giggles a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter