Prologue: Vïrgins in the Dark

red silk wrists
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

prologue: s in the dark

 

So much has changed, and yet, nothing at all has changed.

Her world drastically changed when she was 8. In her world, women rule everything. The matriarch’s head, a title called the “Snow” because of her signature all-white attire, is a title coveted by women everywhere. To finally be in a position power after being cast aside for all of time.

In her world, there are but three major countries—Pacifica, previously known as the Americas, Canada, the Caribbean’s, and Australia, Europa, previously known as Europe, Russia, the Middle East, and Africa, and Asiana, previously known as China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, and all of Southeast Asia. The Arctics are no longer occupied. In these major countries, Asiana is the most powerful, with Pacifica just below it, constantly competing.

In Kim Jungin’s world, the women of Asiana are easily fooled. Tricked into believing that their gender is powerful, respected, loved. Kim Jungin knows better—she is well aware that behind the façade of power, the Snow is merely a figurehead. Men rule everything. The Council gives the Snow direct orders that she then regurgitates to the waiting crowds. Kim Jungin would have no part of the blatant lies—instead, she wants to tear down the mask and show the world the deceit that her country so corruptly partakes in.

Nothing will change if someone doesn’t stand, so Jungin figures why not herself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter