Chapter 2

Dark Origins [[ Apply close ]]

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65wn_Wwa5s - i thought this song sounds perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-November 8,  2O11, 15:3O-

[Kaeri POV]

“So you were saying you got the phone call too while waiting for me?” I asked curiously as I walked towards our destination with Haneul and Soojung.

“Yeah, looks like it is some huge ca—” Soojung said, pushing the door open, revealing the crowd that was already inside the office.

“Wow, some huge case huh.” I said skeptically, looking at the people all around.

“Hey, I am Jang Hyunseung, also known as Prince.” Hyunseung stood before me with his hand out, in his casual tee with jeans and a loose tie around his neck; he did have an aura of a prince around him, after all he was indeed the heir to a multimillion worth company.

“And I am Kaeri, also known as KL, Prince Jang.” I said, scoffing as I called him Prince Jang. That was mean of me but that is just me, and being me, I didn’t really care.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes and retorted, “Are you mocking my title? And just so you now, Prince and Jang Hyunseung are two different people.”

“Well, Prince Jang, from the way you introduced yourself to me, I would have thought you wanted me to call you that.” I replied, crossing my arms and stressing on the word Prince Jang.

“Kaeri…” Haneul sensing the high tension in the air, tugged on my sleeves, turning my attention away from Hyunseung.

“Yes unnie?” I asked, delighted as I watched Hyunseung glare at me before walking away.

“Why did you provoke him?”

“No I did not, I was just play—”

“Everyone, please take a seat” Jake said as he walked in, cutting away my sentence.

Everyone started sitting down as files were passed around the table, as soon as everyone received a file, the light in the room dimmed as the screen on the wall lit up.

“You 12 make up the whole of S1; today I gathered all of you for one case.” Jake said, “Before we start, look through the files to get to know each other.”

Everyone started flipping through the file, expressions of being awe, shock and others. For some, it had not been the first time they met.

“Kaeri” Haneul tugged on my sleeve, whispering softly, “Remember just now that guy?”

“Yeah, the Prince Jang. Why?” I bent down near her, whispering back, curious about what it was about him.

“Remember on one of your missions, you got caught and luckily the person who was about to shout out where you are, got sniped in the head?”

“Of course I remember.” I said tentatively.

“He was the sniper who saved you.” She said cheerfully as my expression turn into one of shock.

That dude saved my life? Impossible…I thought as I looked at the screen which was now filled up with pictures.

[Kika POV]

I hate blood.

That was one of the reasons why I hated going to hospital. That place reeks of death and sickness, as if any moment you are just going to drop dead. Sometimes, I even felt a little bad for the people I had to kill. And this time, looking at the picture, I felt the remains of my lunch churning in the pits of my stomach.

“You okay?” The guy sitting beside me asked concerned, bending over and putting his hand on my head, causing me to blush furiously.

He is cute…I thought as I looked at him.

Noticing that I did not reply, he furrowed his eyebrows in worries, “Are you okay? Talk to me.”

“Oh. I am fine.” I said, snapping back from my strands of thoughts.

“That’s good to hear.” He said, sounding a tad bit more relieved, “You’re… Kika, right?”

“How do you know?” I asked, surprised that he knew my name.

“It is in the file.” He replied, laughing at me slightly.

“Oh right….” I said, my mouth forming a huge ‘O’ as I mentally slapped myself for god knows how many times. “And you are… give me a moment.” I quickly flipped through the file, landing at his page and scanned through, “Yoseob-ssi right?”

“Yep!” He nodded cheerfully, “Drop the informalities, after all we will be working together right?”

“Alright Yoseob.” I said as I nodded, turning back to the screen.

The pictures, each showing different dead victims, seemingly dying in the same way, were arranged as if it was in a ritual.

“What you all are seeing on the screen are the dead victims of this case.” Jake said, “There has been a total of 23 deaths. 18 of them were the C.I.A agents.”

He paused, looking around expecting some gasps, shock or wows from the crowd and seemed surprised when he received none.

“Today, I gathered the whole S1 because the head had decided to pass the case to you guys.” He continued, “The information C.I.A had gathered is after the introductions of the agents in the file.”

The sound of files being flipped open and looked through were heard throughout the room.

“Heading this operation will be Doojoon for the guys and Soojung for the girls. That's all for now. Remember to report back and look out for each other.” Jake said as he walked out of the door, leaving the 12 people in the room.

[Soojung POV]

Leader huh. Okay… I thought as I turned around wanting to discuss with the rest about the case when I found myself face to face with a handsome looking guy and tripped, falling backwards.

I prepared myself for the impact but it never came, instead an arm was wrapped around my waist.

“Whoa, the other leader, you okay?” Doojoon said, looking down at me with a smile on his face.

“Eh… yeah, yeah I am.” I stood back up straight and moved out of his hold before looking back at him. “You are Doojoon, right?”

“Yeah I am.” He smiled and held out his hand, “I supposed you were the one who had led the various case against the premeditated murderers and succeeded eh?”

“Yeah… I guess I am.” I smiled shyly and shook his hand. “I hope we can work well together”

“I am sure we can. Let’s go grab a coffee before discussing about the case with the rest.” Doojoon suggested.

“Sure.”

[Haneul POV]

This is so boring… I thought as I looked through the file again when I noticed someone sitting down beside me.

“Hey. So we meet again.”

The voice sounded familiar… I thought as I turned around and saw Gikwang sitting beside me.

“Oh, it’s you, AJ.”

“Yeah, I looked through your file – interesting.” He said, nodding slightly as if he was amused with what he read.

“Really? You like what you see then?” I asked, arching my eyebrow and looked at him.

“Definitely, a girl who is pretty and know how to play with medicine and poisons? Nice.” He said and smiled.

“I-I am glad you think it’s nice.” I said as I turned away to hide my blush, What the hell, Haneul this guy is a playboy, don't even think about it.

“Oh well, I shall see you around then?”

“Yeah.” I merely nodded and start fiddling with the file in front of me as I heard him standing up and walking off.

[Sunhee POV]

I am so bored. I pouted, blowing at my fringe and looked around.

“Hey.”

I turned around to find the owner of the voice, “Dongwoon right?” I tilted my head and asked.

“Yeah, you are Sunhee right?” He said and smiled happily.

“Yep.” I stood up and patted his head, earning a weird look from him, “What?”

“You do know… I am older than you and so much taller than you right?” He smiled and crossed his arm, looking at me amused.

“Eh… yeah.” I thought for a while before responding,

“So you should call me oppa!” He said smiling brightly, glad to be older than someone now.

“Aniyo. I wouldn't, I can just flip you over easily even though you are older.” I said and smiled smugly at him, crossing my arms.

“But…” Dongwoon said, drooping his shoulder in sadness and looked down.

“Y-Yah, don't look so sad!” I widened my eyes and nudge him, “I will call you oppa!! Don't look so sad now.”

“Yes! I knew that would work.” Dongwoon immediately cheered up and fist pumped into air, turning to Sunhee and kissing on her cheek, earning whistles from quite a few people.

Wait… What?! I stepped backwards and as my hand flew to cover my cheeks.

“oh.. I am sorry.” Dongwoon apologizes as he realized what he done.

“A-Aniyo…” I said, blushing furiously and immediately turned around heading for the door, leaving him behind.

[Cherry POV]

I sighed and looked around before opening up my laptop and started typing in some code;this will be fun, hacking into the president personal computer.

“What you up to?” A voice said as I felt someone leaning near me, smelling his minty breath as he exhaled.

“Nothing much, just hacking into a president’s computer.” I shrugged, mm minty breath, smells nice.

“Really? So you were the one who hacked down the security system a few days ago?” The owner of the voice said as he sat down beside me, leaning to look at what I was typing.

“Yeah, that was so darn simple.” I turned around to look at him, “You’re Junhyung right? Joker?”

“Yeah, that’s me.” He smiled, “Not bad, you saved my the other time. I was sneaking around Jake’s office and your security system distracted him from me.”

“No problem there, dude,” I smiled and said, “Maybe you can save my this time by looking out for me, eh?”

He winked and nodded, “sure partner.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : So the few clues for this case is already out in this chapters actually ;D take note. and i hope you guys enjoy reading it!