Chap 5

Blue Violet


 

Kyuhyun shut the curtain, his body was shaking. He couldn’t deny it. The fear is slowly invaded into his body, went through his heart. They were too many of them. Too many of them outside is waiting for the family, waiting for one single mistake done by him or his mother, and they will be given death sentence before they able to prove their innocent.

 

Kyuhyun felt wanted to collapse. The situation was scary. Too scary for him to handle it alone, without Siwon; the pillar of support of the family. The backbone for them.

 

‘Where are you, Siwon hyung? Don’t you pity us?’ He whispered, peeking through the curtain. ‘I am scared, hyung. I really am.’ A tear escaped Kyuhyun’s eyes, looking emptily to the cameras and reporters outside his house. They have gathered in front of his house since yesterday, only few minutes after SME released Sora’s news.

 

‘Kyu….’ Kyuhyun looked back at his pale mother. ‘Is your hyung come back already?’ She asked and Kyuhyun could do nothing but gulped his own saliva, weakly shook his head.

 

‘He didn’t, Omma.’ He answered weakly, almost like a whisper.

 

And the middle age woman fall to the soft couch, worried about nothing but his eldest son. Kyuhyun quickly went to his mother, patting her back softly.

 

‘It’s okay, Omma. Hyung will come back, and this entire nightmare will end.’ Kyuhyun assured.

 

‘Siwon is going to come back, Kyu?’ His mother questioned. Her face was full of hope.

 

‘He will, Omma. I’m sure he will.’ Kyuhyun nodded. ‘It’s Siwon hyung. He gonna come back and kick everyone that makes your cry. I know he will.’ Kyuhyun comforted his mother, or more, comforting himself.

 

‘Who’s the hell that releases this news?’ A newspaper was thrown on the table, and the officers sitting surround it jumped in surprise.

 

‘This news was reported by SME, Inspector Kim.’ One of the officers answered to the question.

 

‘Has this Siwon guy proven guilty by the law?’ He question and the rest shook their head. ‘Then why the hell did all of you let this news leaking?’ Inspector Kim voice roared the whole police station. ‘How the hell SME got the footage of the car?’ He questioned, but this time none of his subordinates answered to him.

 

‘I want 4 people to stay at this Siwon’s guy house. I don’t want any reporters get closed to this Siwon’s family until he is proven guilty.’ He instructed and his subordinates nodded. They assigned four were just about to make way from the police station, when one of the officers halt them. They all turned to the television, and instantly, Inspector Kim felt a rush of horror went into his body.

 

‘ing damnit!’ He cursed, took his gun and badge with him, before running out from the police station. His destination; to Choi Siwon’s house.

 

Flash from cameras almost makes Kyuhyun’s eyes goes blind. He had his head low, avoiding the cameras and question thrown to him by the reporters.

 

‘Mr. Choi, please comment on your brother whereabouts.’

 

‘Mr. Choi, is it true that you are currently hiding the murder inside?’

 

‘Mr. Choi, please comment on the questions.’

 

Kyuhyun ignored all the questions, deafening his ears. All he wanted just to go to his college and asking for a break from them, until things cooled down.

 

‘Why don’t you hand over the to the authority?’ Kyuhyun’s steps stopped once he heard the voice. The voice that he started to learnt to loathe. Loathing it till he wanted to throw up, even only hearing the voice.

 

Kyuhyun’s head up, eyes meeting with the voice’s owner. His look was full of hatred, full of disgusted, full of anger. His jaws clenched, his knuckles turned white. The reporters surround him started to felt uneasy, as if Kyuhyun was letting out dark aura. They have never felt intimidate like this, not even when they have to interview a serial killer or murder from the past. This aura is full of anger, full of hatred.

 

But Lee Sora wasn’t a cry baby, she wasn’t going to felt intimidate that easily. Instead, she challenged Kyuhyun with more and more question about Siwon. Her cameraman, who slowly realized the intimidating aura Kyuhyun let out, nudged at her few times. But Sora ignored it.

 

The reporters witnessed how Kyuhyun’s body started to shakes harder, his anger was boiling up, but Sora did everything except silent. More and more questions were thrown, until one level, when Kyuhyun’s white knuckle almost punched Sora’s pretty face, but he missed it because one of the guy reporter was fast enough to pulled Sora out, avoiding the punch. Kyuhyun punched the air instead.

 

‘Don’t you dare to say Siwon’s hyung name with that filthy voice of yours.’ Kyuhyun said voice deep. There was hint of anger in his every word.

 

Sora was about to speak, defending herself, when her savior shut with his hand. The other reporters back out a little, afraid of what Kyuhyun is capable to do to people around his reach.

 

‘Kyuhyunnie….’ A voice called, makes everyone turned to the voice. There, stood his mother, holding to the doorknob, looking as she gonna fall down at any second. Kyuhyun just about to go to his mother, went one flying mineral bottle hit his head.

 

‘Murderer!’ A shout came from the crowd.

 

‘Let the police have the .’ Another shout.

 

‘Your filthy family should have died!’ Another shout came with rock thrown to Kyuhyun, making the nineteen years teenager bleeding.

 

‘Go to hell!’ And another.

 

‘’s brother!’ And another.

 

‘Murderer!’ And another.

 

‘Violent!’ And another.

 

‘What did you do to Reporter Lee? You should be jailed for trying to hurt another woman. Who will know that you’re not going to turn into a after?’ another accused and rock was throw to Kyuhyun. This time it hit his head.

 

‘Kyuhyunnie!’ His mother screamed in terrified, his son was bleeding. Flashes of cameras started, taking picture of his mother. Kyuhyun pushed most of the cameraman, not allowed them to take picture of his mother. He ran to her, and hide her to his chest, while slowly guides her inside the house.

 

‘Did you get that?’ Sora asked her cameraman, and the guy nodded. She smiled and was about to thank the guy reporter for saving her before, when suddenly her cameraman shouted. Her eyes widened when she saw her cameraman’s camera was broken, because the reporter that have saved her before had broke the lens using a rock.

 

‘What are you doing?’ Sora yelled at her savior.

 

‘Hey!’ Another yells could be heard, from two to three people. Sora turned to looked at the commotion, and there are three people, wearing the same jacket with his savior were breaking the camera. They throw rock to the lens, breaking it and took away the tape and snapped it.

 

‘What are you doing?’ One of the reporters yelled at them.

 

‘Being a reporter mean you have to report true news. You’re police second hand to bring justice. Not simply makes an assumption based on groundless evidence.’ A voice spoke up, and everyone looked at him. ‘People leave this people. Choi Siwon was yet not been decided as the killer, and all of you had started to looked after his family, only for the sake to get an exclusive. You’re disgusting me and you called yourself a news reporter?’ The voice scolded the reporter, as if he was someone from high authority.

 

‘What authority did you have to stop us from getting this exclusive?’ One of the reporters fought back.

 

‘I am the authority.’ Another voice coming from behind the guy and everyone turned to looked at him. The guy shows his badge at them. ‘And with all the power I have, I command you to drop this news from your plan, and go back to your place. Before I arrested all of you for making mass panic, trespassing into private property and disturbing police' work. I shall assure you all that could cost your reporter license to be taken away.’ He threatened and most of the reporters started to shake.

 

‘How about these guy? They broke our property.’ One of them said.

 

Inspector Kim turned to looked at his subordinates behind him. ‘Officer Jang, did you saw the kids do that?’ He asked.

 

‘My eyesight is six over six and I saw nothing, Sir!’ his subordinates answered.

 

‘How about you, office Yun?’

 

‘No damage made, Sir!’ and office Kim smiled satisfied.

 

‘Now, ladies and gentleman, my hands are itchy to took away your license if you still stayed here.’ His final said makes most of the reporters ran away with their broken equipment, except for Sora.

 

‘What are you doing, Hyukjae?’ Sora asked, her jaw was clenching in anger.

 

‘I did what I should, Sora.’ Hyukjae answered before Sora was pulled away by her cameraman.

 

Officer Kim just looked at Hyukjae for a while, before decided to enter the house to check on Chois.

 

‘Hyukjae, should we get inside, too?’ Donghae asked.

 

Hyukjae shook his head. ‘No. I am too ashamed to face him.’ He said before went away.

 



 

Enjoy everyone!