Chapter 4

Blue Violet


 

Cameras were set up in front of the Choi’s household. Lee Sora was currently adjusting her make-up, making her more stunning than she usual is. ‘Sora, get ready. We will be on air in about five, four, three, two, one. Camera roll.’ Her cameraman said.

 

‘Good evening, evening. SME news was proud to announce that we get an exclusive of the owner of the Audi, which we all do believe was the of the heartbreaking murder of a young barista, named Kim SoeYeon last night. We are currently in front of the house of Choi, which the last named of the murderer. We do believe that the murderer was hiding inside this house, being hid by his family from the authorities.’

 

The cameraman focused his camera on the house, taking the picture of what the house looks like. The green plant, two chairs and one wooden table, it was just a plain house. The cameraman moves around, trying to get footage of the inside of the house, when Kyuhyun decided to open the door.

 

Seeing this as a golden opportunity, Sora quickly confront Kyuhyun, shoving the mic on Kyuhyun’s face. Startled, Kyuhyun could only stare, before his brain working out for him that they were reporter in front of his house.

 

‘What are you doing?’ Kyuhyun questioned darkly, obviously not liking the fact that there was reporter in front of his house, moreover, in front of him.

 

‘Are you Choi little brother?’ Wasting no time, Sora quickly throw her question to Kyuhyun.

 

Not liking the tone she was using, Kyuhyun scowled deeply. ‘I asked once again, what are you doing in front of my house?’

 

‘Are you hiding murderer Choi inside?’ Lee Sora answered Kyuhyun’s question with another question.

 

‘God damnit, get the hell out from here!’ Kyuhyun yelled at them.  

 

‘Why are you hiding murderer Choi inside and not turn him to the police? Are you protecting him because he is a family? Are you trying to hide the the murderer of last night case?’ More and more questions come out from Sora’s mouth, but it did nothing to please Kyuhyun.  

‘What the are you talking about?’ Kyuhyun screamed angrily, pushing Lee Sora out from his way. ‘My brother is not a murderer! Siwon hyung is a gentleman. There’s no way he will murdered a woman, what’s more her!’ Kyuhyun’s chest heaved up and down harshly, he was trying to hold inside his anger from burst from her nonsense questions.

 

‘Kyuhyunnie, what’s with the commotion?’ Kyuhyun’s mother come out from the house, have heard the noise happening in front and decided to check on her youngest son.

 

The cameraman captured Kyuhyun’s mom face, and Sora shoved Kyuhyun aside, just for the sake to question the mother.

 

‘Are you Choi Siwon’s mother? Where is your eldest son? Is he inside? Why didn’t you turn you guilty son to the police? Why you…’ Sora’s questions were cut as Kyuhyun pulled her away from his mother, making the reporter face meet the floor.

 

‘Shut up and get the hell out from here!’ Kyuhyun yelled at them, before brought his shaking mother inside of the house. ‘Omma, Omma.’ Kyuhyun called for his now crying mother. ‘Omma, it’s okay. I’m here, Omma. I’m here for you. It’s okay. Hush now, Omma. Shhh…’ Kyuhyun coaxed, comforting his crying mother. Kyuhyun’s tears that he had been hold since before finally fall, too vulnerable and wasn’t strong for them now.  

 

‘Sora, are you okay?’ The cameraman asked, holding out his hand for her to take. Sora nodded once she stood up, brushing away the dirt from her skirt.

 

‘Did you get everything?’ She asked and the cameraman nodded, showing his thumb up. ‘Great, we are going to use everything we captured today.’ Sora smirked, and winced when she realized that her chin was bleeding, but then to her, this small cut worth it.

 

Kyuhyun stared blankly at the wall, petting his mother to sleep. He was blank, he didn’t know where his brother was, and he didn’t understand what had started all this mess. They were happy, on their way, of their life, when suddenly one night changed everything. Just one night, and their world crumbled down like a broken glass.

 

Kyuhyun’s left hand, which was originally petting his mother, went to his right one. He put the left on top of the right, wanting to stop the shaking. But it was fruitless effort. It wasn’t his right hand; it was his whole body; his whole body was shaking. Shaking and trembling in fear. Fear of what waiting for them in future.

 

**************

 

Hyukjae pulled his hair in frustration; his other hyungs just remained silent. Donghae quickly reached the remote and switch off the television, not having the feeling to watch the news anymore.

 

‘Hyuk…’ Jungsoo called for him softly.

 

Hyukjae had his head down, his hands were still pulling on his hair, a habit he himself didn’t have an idea how it was develop. All he know, when he was frustrated, he will started pulling on his own hair.

 

‘Hyukjae, stop it.’ Jungsoo called him once again, this time, softly taking Hyukjae’s hand to his, wanted to stop Hyukjae’ bad habit.  

 

‘Hyung….’ Hyukjae called weakly, head still hung low. ‘Hyung…. What is Sora doing?’ He asked wearily. ‘Didn’t she know what she was doing was wrong?’

 

The other just stayed silent, didn’t know how they were supposed to answer to Hyukjae’s question.

 

‘Sora is going to kill them, hyungs.’ Hyukjae said, in soft voice. ‘She shouldn’t report this on the news.’ He shook his head. ‘She shouldn’t. No, she can’t!’ Hyukjae yelled, throwing the glass on the table to the wall. Donghae who had been next to his left flinched, was shocked of Hyukjae’s violent act.

 

‘Hyukjae!’ Youngwoon scolded Hyukjae for losing his temper. ‘I know what Sora did was wrong, but try to control yourself!’

 

‘How the hell I am going to control myself, Youngwoon hyung? Sora, my only sister just jumped to conclusion that this Siwon person was the murder, and makes the whole world hated him. And moreover, without authorities, she just went to the family and accused everything. Don’t you see how this Siwon’s mother was shaking because of her accusation? And don’t you hear that she said that the little brother was violent? Don’t you see what my sister is doing, hyung?!! She just makes the whole nation hated the family. And the consequences…. Oh my God, I didn’t even dare to imagine what kind of consequences they will receive, all because of her accusation.’ Hyukjae said, and slumped down, breaking into tears. ‘And here I am; her only brother that dream to be a news writer, so that I could only report on the truth for justice together with her, did nothing to prevent that from happening.’   

 

‘Hyukkie…. Hyukkie… It’s not your fault. It’s not your fault, Hyukkie. Trust me. Trust me when I said it wasn’t your fault, Hyukkie.’ Donghae said, hugging his best friend tightly, because the other was too frustrated with his sister, and his self. This is all he could offer to Hyukjae as his best friend. ‘It’s okay, Hyukkie. It wasn’t your fault.’ He kept chanting the same to Hyukjae.

 

‘Hyung…’ Hyukjae called, hand reaching for Jungsoo, although he was still in Donghae’s embrace. ‘Hyung,… we have to help this Kyuhyun guy and his mother, hyungs. We need to save them. We need to protect them from Sora. From my sister. From all the nightmares Sora is going to create for them. Please hyung…’ Hyukjae begged, his tears had stained Donghae’s shirt. ‘Please hyungs….’

 

Jungsoo looked at Youngwoon and Sungmin, who had been silence from before, before nodded softly to Hyukjae and caressed his hand softly. ‘Yes, we will, Hyukjae. We will do all we can to protect them.’ Jungsoo assured and Hyukjae burst to more tears in Donghae’s embrace.

 

‘I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…’ Hyukjae chanted, along with his sobbing.

 

**********

 

Tomorrow though, Kyuhyun learnt that even this beautiful world could be hell for his family. Their beautiful life, had turned into nightmare. In just one night; with just few words combines to become a sentence. And the sentences become a paragraph. A paragraph that enough to drove hatred from the nation to his family. Only with words. Words that Sora had put, had brainwashed the nation to hate them.   

 



Enjoy everyone~

p/s: I changed Leeteuk's name to Jungsoo, since recently I like to called him with his real name. Won't cause any confusion though. =P