Chapter 7

er for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m glad you finally accepted my offer, Jong Hyun-ssi. Mind if I ask what makes you consider it?” YG said.

 

Jong Hyun oppa nodded and looked at me before saying something…

 

 

 

 

“Nothing much, really. I just followed where my heart is.” He said while fixing his gaze towards me which made me blush at the moment.

 

 

 

 

The meeting’s over but I’m left in the conference room with the girls, Teddy oppa and Big Bang. The others went to their respective places, probably to practice or to celebrate the big announcements on their career while YG and Jong Hyun oppa left to arrange some things in their contract.

I glanced at the people with me and saw Teddy oppa absorbed on playing Fruit Ninja on his phone, Seungri and Minzy wrangling on each other as usual, Bom unnie and TOP oppa alienizing each other, Youngbae and Dara unnie laughing awkwardly while Jiyong oppa is just silently sitting while staring blankly at the glass window.

I didn’t realize that I’m also staring at him for a long time until Seungri snaps me back into reality by his question.

 

“Hey, Chaerin! Why did you left at the party without notice?” He asked, while eyeing me suspiciously. I gulped at the word but tried to regain my composure.

“Why? Do I need your permission first?” I said then rolled my eyes at him.

“Ouch! You always hurt my feelings Chaerin-ah!!” He said while faking a cry. I just stuck my tongue out.

“Well I’m glad I hurt your feelings.” I said sarcastically. I heard Dara unnie laughed at my words.

 

“Yah Seungrat! Stop bothering our Chaerin!” Dara unnie said. Seungri then rolled his eyes then started to trouble Minzy… again. Aigoo, maknae line can get any worse. I chuckled.

 

“I’m glad that Jonghyun’s finally part of the family now.” Youngbae oppa suddenly spoke. All of us looked at him, including Jiyong who was just regained back into the real world.

“Yeah, it took him a long time.. I guess my aegyo at the club last time made him accept YG’s offer.” Bom unnie giggled. I looked at her in disbelief. He was at the club that night?

“He was at the club?” Jiyong snapped, while staring at Bom in surprise. Wow, he finally uttered a word.

“Uhm, yeah? You didn’t see him?” Bom said nonchalantly. No, I didn’t.

Wait, of course I didn’t see him. I left at the club early. I mentally face palmed while dismissing the thought that I’m answering my own questions.

“Hyung, how can you see him when you were with Kiko all night?” Seungri said teasingly. I looked down at his words. This rat really knows how to ruin my day.

“Oh wait, where’s Kiko by the way?” Teddy oppa asked while still playing with his phone.

 

I tried to keep myself busy, pretending on checking my phone but I’m well-aware of my surrounding. I can see on my peripheral vision that they’re all waiting for Jiyong to answer Teddy oppa’s question. Perhaps I am, too.

Jiyong oppa cleared his throat and spoke…

 

 

 

“She went back to Japan.” He said while looking away.

 

 

 

So that’s the reason he’s not himself today.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s words left us all awkwardly speechless. I guess he’s not in the mood today so no one bothers to talk to him and ask him why.

 

Although I’m dying to know why..

 

I’m mentally cursing myself from thinking what I thought just now when the door opened and revealed a smiling Jong Hyun.

 

“Hey guys.” He said.

“Well well well, here comes the great Hong Jong Hyun.” Teddy oppa said while clapping his hands. Really, oppa?

Jonghyun chuckled and made his way to sit, beside me.

 

“So, where have you been all the while and you just surprised the out of us by being here?” Bom unnie said while raising her brows up. Jong Hyun oppa chuckled at her words.

“Oh sorry, noona. I guess I’m taken by your aegyo last night.” He said then winked at her.

“Omo! I knew you’d say that! Heol~” Bom unnie said while giggling like a kid. He chuckled.

“Good thing you’re finally here. We missed your coldness, you know.” Daesung oppa retorted. That made all of us laugh. Well, although we’re close with Jong Hyun oppa, we can’t deny the fact that he’s uhm… emotionless sometimes.

 

“Actually, this girl right here missed you a lot.” Bom unnie said while pointing her fingers at me. Wait, me? I looked at her in surprise. Jong Hyun oppa chuckled and eyed me in shock.

“Really?” He said while looking at me amusingly. I looked away, trying to avoid his gaze.

“I—uhhh.. Well, yeah.. You didn’t contact me for a while, you know. He-he.” I said while laughing awkwardly. He just chuckled at my reaction. Gosh, why am I like this?

“I’m sorry, I was out of the country for a few months.” He said while pinching my now red cheeks.

“Aish, stop it oppa! It hurts!” I yelled.

Noticing that all of them is staring at us two, I awkwardly fixed my gaze somewhere.

 

“We already know you missed each other, okay? You don’t have to be so cheesy for that.” Seungri said while rolling his eyes.

 

I was about to yell at Seungri when Jiyong oppa bleakly stood up from his seat. All of us glanced at his direction and saw an unreadable expression from his face.

 

 

 

“I’ll excuse myself.” He said sternly then walked his way out.

 

We all looked at each other…

 

 

“What’s wrong with him?!” Dara unnie blurted out.

 

 

All of them shrug their shoulders while I’m left disturbed by his actions.

 

 

 

 

The girls head back to our dorm and I’m here stargazing alone at YG’s rooftop. I can’t deny that I’m still thinking about Jiyong’s actions earlier. Is it because of Kiko? I sighed at the thought.

 

No wonder she really has a great effect on him.

 

The effect that I don’t have.

 

I quickly brushed away my thought. Aish, Lee Chaerin. I was slapping my face to wake up my senses when a person suddenly spoke from behind..

 

“Stop hitting your pretty face, miss.” He said. I tuned around to look at him and he’s smiling at me.

“Why are you still here, oppa?” I asked.

“Because I’m waiting for you…” He said while looking at me intently. I looked at him in shock when he continued his words..

 

“…to go home.” He said, smiling like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and pinched his arms.

“Aish! You’re still annoying as ever.” I said.

“Why? Are you expecting me to say something?” He said while raising his brows. I just shrug at the word.

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

“Wait, it’s you who should I be asking. Why are you here alone?” He asked.

“I just like to be here, stargazing.” I said while looking at the night sky.

“I didn’t know you were this melodramatic.” He chuckled. I looked at him annoyingly.

“No, I’m not.” I said. He looked at me sarcastically.

“Then why are you spacing out and hit yourself after?” He asked while raising his brows.

“I—I’m just thinking…” I said, rather nervously. I just don’t want to talk about it right now.

“About what?” He asked curiously. I gave myself a moment to think. About what? What will I say? Ugh, I can’t think of a good excuse right now.

 

“About how can I plot your death.” I said sarcastically. He looked at me in disbelief. I mentally face palmed. What a lame joke, Chae.

 

“Are you high right now?” He said while eyeing me suspiciously. It’s my turn to look at him incredulously.

“So you think I’m on drugs?” I said.

“Sort of..” He smirked.

“YAH!!” I shouted and slapped his arm. He laughed and held my arms to stop me from hitting him. I didn’t realize that we’re so damn close to each other until I felt his warm breath on my cheeks.

“Let’s go. I’ll take you home, Rinnie.” He whispered on my ear and I swear I’m so nervous that I can’t even move my body.

He took off his hands on me and walked towards the rooftop exit. He turned around and smirked at me..

 

“Still not going?” He said while raising his brows. I chuckled and walked towards him. I clung onto his arms which caused him to flinch.

 

 

“Of course I’m going with you, Jongie.” I said then smiled at him.

 

 

 

 

I woke up from my deep sleep. I looked at the clock and noticed that it’s already 9:15 in the morning. Gosh, good thing I don’t have schedule for today or I’ll end up being nagged by the girls. I lazily walked towards the bathroom and prepared the bath tub. Well, I guess in this type of season, a warm and comfy bath time is what I need.

I’m currently enjoying myself from this warm bath when I unconsciously smiled at the thought of what happened last night…

 

~

Jong Hyun oppa and I were in his car driving our way to our dorm. I swear my girls are panicking right now. Well, our meeting ended at 10am and here I am heading home at 10pm with this gorgeous-man-every-girl-wants driving me home. I sighed just by thinking of their reactions.

 

“Why?” He said, still eyeing on the road. I looked at him.

“I’m just imagining my unnies’ reaction when I get home. I bet they’re going to nag me to death when they see me later.” I said. He smirked at my word.

“Don’t worry, you’re with me. They’re not gonna nag you.” He said then looked at me with a smug expression. I rolled my eyes.

“Such an arrogant .” I retorted. He chuckled at my words.

 

We got out of the car and make our way towards my dorm. I stopped at the front door and he looked at me confused.

“Not going to open it?” He asked.

“Just, wait… okay?” I said. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. I gasped at the three girls looking at me with furrowed brows while arms folded on their chests. I gulped at the moment. I was about to say something when…

 

“Where have you been?” Minzy said.

“Do you even know what time is it?” Dara unnie retorted.

“Did you know that we almost called the police just to find your ?” Bom unni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter