She is a Kendo Master

With or without glasses.

I am helping out at my parent’s vegetable stall as a cashier during the afternoon of my weekend. “Thank you, please come back soon.” I smiled and bowed.

Standing under the hot sun, I am sweating like a pig and droplets of sweats rolls down my cheek. “My poor boy, you are sweating so much.” Mum cooed and I let out a smile. “Thank you Junhyung, you have been a great help today.” She caresses my head.

“He could be even better if he learns Kendo.” Dad appears. “If you had continue learning Kendo from me, you will be as strong as your older brother and not ended up being bullied.” He continues and I lowered my head in shame.

“I don’t think Junhyung is weak at all. I think he is strong too. He is great being himself. He is our kind-hearted son.” Mum disagrees with Dad and he shook his head.

“Junhyung, go and lock up the Kendo academic’s back and main entrance. I am unable to do it today, I have to go to down to the pier to check on the latest goods.” Dad orders and I nodded.

Without any hesitation, I ride my bicycle and down to the school. My father is a famous Kendo swords men in this district. My older brother, Junki, inherited my Dad’s flexibility in sport. He was fantastic, he is the champion in his school and he got scholarship to University because of Kendo.

I parked my bicycle outside and walked into the school. Then, I heard a guy howls and I peeked into the hall. He is lying down flat on the floor and the opponent helped him to stand back on his feet. “Thanks a lot.” He said.

The opponent took off her helmet, “No problem.” She smiled and I beamed too. It is none other than ______.

“Actually, I wanted to ask if you are available tonight. You know… for dinner?” He suggests sheepishly.

“I am sorry but I am kind of busy tonight. Let’s eat dinner with the rest the next time.” She denied and walked away.

Quietly, I sneaked near to her belongings. “Hi, are you free tonight for dinner?” I teases her and she giggles in amuse. “Who is he?” I questions and she shrugged.

Later on, I locked both of the doors and the two of us strolled down the road along with my bicycle. “Why did you sign up for Kendo?” I asks and she shrugged.

“I don’t know too. I just thought Kendo was interesting and cool when I saw Junki swaying it.” She answered and I just nodded. “How about you?” She asks back.

I paused awhile, “I did join Kendo before. It was forced by my father. However, I didn’t perform as well as my brother and I do not have any interest with it too. So, I pleaded my Mum to save me out of there.” I replied in fear and she burst into laughter.

“Yeah, it kind of doesn’t suit you too. You are quieter and you are good with interacting with people except for bullies. I guess you could work well in the retail area.” She says and I was taken aback.

“Am I?” I thought in surprised.

“Hey, you want a lift back home? My BMW is ready.” I wriggles my eyebrows and she is laughing. Immediately, she hopped on my bicycle and I rode her down the slope. In the end, we went to eat red bean Bingsoo together at the shop near her home.