I like her

With or without glasses.

It is Monday again and I dislike it a lot. As it means that school is starting again. However, there is something that I am looking forward too and that is meeting her.

I parked my bicycle at the back of the school and walked towards the student council meeting room. I pushed the door slightly and she is there alone, reading the documents. I sneaked in and whispered into her ears. “Boo.”

She jumped in shocked, “you scared me.”

I laughed, “I bought breakfast for you. Your mother said that you left home early for the meeting. So, she requested me to bring it here for you.” I said and she smiles.

“Thank you so much, I am starving.” She said and I smile too.

I adjusted my glasses, “should I ask her out for movies today?” I thought. I breathe in and build up my courage. “______...” I called.

Suddenly, someone entered the room and it is Kikwang, the vice chairman. “You are still here?” He asks _____. She nodded her head. “With your boyfriend?” He wriggles his eyebrows and she swallowed her food.

“No, he is not my boyfriend. We are just good friends. He is Junhyung, my childhood friend.” She introduce me to him. I waved my hands and he smiled back.

“Alright, enjoy your meals. I will be leaving first.” He bids goodbye.

_____ continues her meal and I heart broken. “He is not my boyfriend.” I recalled in my head. “Do you like him?” I asked her and she gave a thought about it.

“I think I like him. He is friendly, interesting and he looks good too.” She answered and I am defeated.

“How about me? Do you like me too?” I asked carefully and she nodded.

“I really do like you. You are my best friend right?” She answered in delight.

“How about my appearance? Am I handsome?” I continued and she analyses my face.

“I think you look great too. However, that pair of glasses of yours make you look nerdy. So, you should have a change of looks soon. Kikwang knows lots of things about styling. You can ask him.” She replied.  

I stood up, “the class is starting soon. I will be heading to class first.” I said and left. I am disappointed and angry at the same time. I am disappointed with myself and angry that she is mentioning about Kikwang. “Am I really that bad?” I thought.

On the way to class, I saw Kikwang entering to _______’s class. “Are they studying in the same class?” I thought in worry.

After school, I waited for _____ at the back of the school. She hopped on my bicycle and I ride her home. We reached her house and she is about to go in.

“________” I called her and she halt her heels.

“In the morning, I saw Kikwang entering into your class. Is he studying the same class as you?” I question and she nodded.

“We are classmates.” She answer calmly.

I am lost and I don’t know how to react. At the time, I only thought that I am losing the person I like since young. “I like you!” I yelled.

She paused awhile and my heart is throbbing extremely fast. She let out a smile and I thought I have hope. “I like you too, my best friend. See you tomorrow.” She say goodbye and I was left dumbfounded.