TWENTY THREE

Defying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as I woke up, my heart started to pound immediately. . Why did I have to drink so much? I clasped my temple and rubbed it while I winced in pain then suddenly I felt something palpable resting on my stomach. I prayed to myself that I didn’t accidentally slept with someone though I had clothes on so I highly doubt that I would be able to undress and dress myself last night. Tediously, I looked to my side and sighed in relief. Lu Han was sleeping peacefully beside me. I felt relieved because last night, I had this weird dream about spending the night with Sehun and it felt almost too real but I guess I must’ve mistaken Lu Han for him. I sat up and carefully removed Lu Han’s arm that was draped around my waist before looking around to figure whose room am I in. Realizing it was Soojin’s, I stood up to wash myself when a hand pulled me back to the sheets.

 

I was startled as Lu Han’s arm embraced me closed to him but gently, I inched away. He groaned before finally opening his eyes.

“Still rejecting me even in my sleep,” He stated and I let out a low chuckle with my body facing him, only keeping it mere inches away.

“Lu Han-“

“I know, I know.” He sighed then smiled at me. I smiled back as I lifted my hand and gently his forehead. “You’ve got to learn to move on.” I told him.

“I can’t move on unless you tell me why you’ve broken up with me.” He said, pouting. I looked away and sat up abruptly as he did the same with his gaze fixated on me. “Well?” He mused.

“It’s just too much for me. The relationship and all.. You know I do not fit in to your group.”

“We can change it, babe-“ I cleared my throat at his endearment and his face flushed.

“I mean, Eunmi. Just tell me what you want.” For a second, I only stared at him. How can I tell him the truth? That I don’t want what he could offer to me anymore, that I just want my life where he didn’t exist yet in my world. I don’t want to hurt him. He’s been such a gentleman but I’m sorry, Lu. It’s for the best.

“I want you to move on, then.” Lu Han heaved a sigh before he lifted his hand to caress my face when the door suddenly barged open making us turn our heads to whoever it was. My heart started to palpitate at the sight. Jeez, why does he give me such reaction?

“Sorry to disturb you but I’m going to take Eunmi home now.” Sehun spoke with his hand still gripping the doorknob.

“Oh, that’s okay, Sehun, I’ll just take her home.” Lu Han stated but Sehun stayed still on his spot. “I promised her parents I’ll take her home. They’ve been calling me.” I raised a brow at what he said.

“They have your number?” I intervened curiously. Since when did my parents have his number? Sehun rubbed the back of his neck.
“They kind of asked for it when I asked for their permission.”

My mouth formed a small ‘o’, understanding why they did. Still, it was a little embarrassing but I couldn’t blame them. They just wanted to be sure of my safety.

“No worries, Sehun. They know me,” Lu Han defended. Sehun’s face hardened and that moment, I couldn’t understand the tension building up.

“I promised them, hyung.” Sehun enunciated, emphasizing every word. Lu Han threw Sehun a look that clearly says something but Sehun looked away and muttered for me to get ready. I turned to Lu Han and his face was confused as mine, only his forehead was crumpled together. We heard the door slamming close and as we twirled, Sehun was already out. I stood up to bid my goodbye to Lu Han and he bid his’ by surprising me with a kiss on the cheek. I scowled inwardly but made sure I didn’t show it. I really don’t like it when he treats me as if we’re still together.

“I’ll call you.” He said with a still hard look on his face.

“You don’t have to,” I joked and he managed a small smile.

“I will.” He clarified and I only nodded at him before we both made our way outsi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter