The Contest

Their Maid

                                           Chapter 5: The Contest

                 The next day

                                                  Jamie’s POV

I got back to the apartment at 4 am; nobody was awake so I just went to bed without a second thought about them.

                In the morning

I wake up because of noises in the kitchen, after going to the bathroom and brushing my hair I go to the kitchen and see that Yoongi is making breakfast. The scent is very familiar.

“Yoongi-oppa,” I say as I rub my eye “What are you doing? Aren’t you usually sleeping right now?”

“Oh, u-um I-I w-wanted to m-make y-you breakfast.” He stutters in English

“Oppa you don’t need to talk to me in English.” I say in Korean “I know my Korean isn’t that great but I still understand you.”

“Thanks.”

“So you said you made this for me?”

“Oh, yeah I stayed up all night on my laptop looking up Puerto Rican recipes to try out,” he says excitedly “I know I’m no master cook like Jin, but I think I did pretty well.”

“Mmmm huele bueno! Que estas cocinando?” I say in Spanish by accident

(A/N Direct translation: ‘Mmm smells good! What are you cooking?’)

“Este, Pollo con arroz blanco y tostones.” He says in Spanish as well

“You speak Spanish?” I say surprised

“I took Spanish for a year in High School.”

“WAIT A MINUTE.” I yell “Where did you find platanos to make tostones?”

“Oh my friend’s dad owns an import export business and they accidentally got a huge shipment of plantains so he gave me a whole bunch.”

“Ooooh I haven’t had tostones in forever.” I say

“But isn’t this all dinner food?” I continue

“Oh, when Minho-hyung was telling us about you he had his daughter tell us everything we needed to know. And she told me you would rather have dinner for breakfast than actual breakfast.”

“Yeah Minhee knows a lot about me.” I say as I think about all the good times Minhee and I had.

I hug him and whisper in his ear “Thank you Oppa.”

And give him a peck on the cheek.

 

                                                    Suga’s POV

I turned a bit red at the feeling of her s against my chest but I am still glad she liked the dinner-breakfast I planned for her. And the peck on my cheek just made my day, ‘Namjoon doesn’t know what he is talking about.’ I think

“Your welcome.” I say after we separate

 She walks over to the pan with the chicken in it, lifts the top and smells it.

“Mmmm, smells like home.” She says

“Do you miss Puerto Rico?” I ask as I sit on the counter

“Sometimes,” she says “What I don’t miss are the crazy drivers, potholes, and the horrible customer service.”

I laugh a little

“Yeah Korea has some horrible drivers to.” I say

She laughs. Damn her laugh is cute.

“But what I miss the most is the music,” she says “the music over there is so lively and you can always dance to it.”

“Can you show me?” I say

“You want to watch me dance?” she says

“Yeah.” I respond

“Ok let me go get my phone.”

She gets her phone, comes back and connects it to the speakers on the table.

I make sure to turn off the burners on the stove as well.

“This is a bachata song I grew up with.” She says

“Bachata?” I ask

“Yeah bachata is an older Hispanic music and its one of the only ones I can dance to.

“Ok.”

The music begins to boom from the speakers, I was going to tell her to turn it down for fear of waking up the others but when I saw her there so into the music and dancing with passion I became fixated by her beauty.

She begins to sing along to the male voice.

The only words I understood were “Yo solo quiero darte un beso.” Which means ‘I just want to give you a kiss.’

The dancing was simple but the way she did it made it look beautiful and complicated.

At one point she grabs me and leads me in the dance, it is 2 steps right and 2 steps left going back and forth, our skin rubbing against each other, it felt like heaven. Right before the song ends I lean in for a kiss. Our lips are merely inches apart when we hear someone clapping, but it isn’t someone, it is all the guys.

We separate quickly out of embarrassment.

Jimin and Jin give me a thumbs up but Taehyung and Jungkook look a bit worried.

Hoseok has no reaction.

Namjoon comes up to me angrily.

“So that was your plan?” he says smugly “To woo her with dancing, and strange food?”

“It isn’t strange Namjoon-ah it is where she’s from.” I say

“Well, I am pretty sure Jamie didn’t come to Korea to eat food from her old home.” He says pretty sure of himself.

“She seemed pretty happy to me.” I say walking past him and bumping his shoulder with mine.

“If she wanted a dancer she should have gone with anyone but you.” He hisses as I walk past.

“You’re not exactly a Dance Monster.” I hiss back.

 

                                                    RM’s POV

‘You will pay for that Min Yoongi.’

I walk up to Jamie and say “You are a great dancer.”

“Thanks.” She says

“Too bad you wasted your talent with such an amateur.” I say as I point at Yoongi.

“Yoongi-oppa?” she says with a sparkle in her eyes “He is just wonderful, and he made me food from my homeland.”

“If you want to hear a real performer you should hear me rap.”

“You can rap?” she says

“I’m a Rap Monster I rap with a prospect yeah I rap with a mindset I’m a suspect/

a where ya lines at where ya rhymes at I’m the king, I’m the god so where my emperors at/ I parachute on ma Neverland, Ima Peter Pan so this will never end/

You know when I ride on my G5 you sit first class and I satisfy and I keep giggling/ keep giggling keep jiggling bring yo booking mic beat.” I rap for her

She claps and giggles when I finish.

“Your amazing.” She says

“Why thank you.” I say bowing a bit.

“Can you dance to?” she asks

“Well, I am not that good at freestyling but if you teach me the moves I bet I could dance pretty well.” I say proudly

“That’s too bad I think guys that can freestyle are soo y.” She says

“Excuse me for a second.” I say to Jamie

“Kay, I want to eat anyway.”

 

I walk over to Hoseok.

“Can I ask you something?” I say

“Sure.” He says

“Can you teach me how to freestyle?” I say

He looks shocked.

“Why?” he asks

“Because Jamie said she likes guys who can freestyle.” I say to him

“I told you guys I am not getting into this.” He says crossing his arms and giving me a disapproving look. “If you want to impress her, just be yourself.” He says

“You're no help.” I say ‘I am in no mood to try and be myself.’ I think

I walk away and grab a plate ‘At least I can eat.’

I open the lid to one of the pots.

“Ya!” I scream “What is this? This isn’t breakfast!”

“Oh,” Jamie says from the table “Yoongi knows how much I love dinner for breakfast so he did just that.” She says smiling.

“Oh, I didn’t know that.” I say forcing a smile

I can’t eat dinner for breakfast, it drives me crazy.

But I will do anything for her. I put some white rice on my plate and walk over to the table where Yoongi put the rest of the food.

I put some meat on my plate and pick up a pair of chopsticks to eat.

Jamie grabs my hand

“You can’t eat this food with chopsticks, the rice isn’t sticky and the meat has a bone.”

I pick up a fork for the first time since going to America to film our reality show ‘BTS American Hustle Life.’

She puts a yellow disc with some kind of pink sauce on my plate.

I stare at it curiously

“It is called a tostone, it is a fried plantain, and a plantain is kind of like an unripe banana.” She says “The pink sauce is mayo-ketchup, a mix of ketchup and mayonnaise, with just a little hot sauce, I like spicy.” She says smiling. She picks one up with her fingers and eats it happily.

I grab it the way she did and take a bite and it is actually really good.

I look at her and say with my mouth full: “Ish gewd!”

She laughs. Damn her laugh is cute.

When we all finish eating and she thanks Yoongi for the food and gives him a big hug, as she is hugging him he puts his head on her shoulder and smirks at me as if to say: ‘I win.’

But he isn’t going to beat me.

“YOONGI WENT THROUGH YOUR ROOM!” I yell to Jamie

“What?” she says letting go of him

“Well,” he says blushing “So did Namjoon!”

“Well yeah, but-.” I didn’t think this through.

“So you both went through my room?” she says angrily

“Well yeah but-“ We say in unison

“’Well yeah but’ nothing.” She says “You guys totally invaded my personal space, and for what?”

“They wanted to see who you liked more.” Jungkook says

“JUNGKOOK!” We say at the same time

“You wanted to see who I liked more?” she says

“Yea, Yoongi read your e-mails.” I say trying to get him in trouble with her.

“Namjoon did too!!” he says

We begin to fight amongst ourselves.

“WHOA WHOA WHOA.” Jamie says “Don’t you see what is happening here?”

We look at each other confusedly.

“You guys are fighting. And all for what?” she says “Over me? You guys are best friends; you shouldn’t be fighting over some girl you just met. And now that I have seen how you two act over some girl I don’t think I like either of you.”

“Jamie is right.” Yoongi says

I look at him.

“We are best friends we shouldn’t be fighting over her; she is a girl not a prize at the carnival.”

He is right though.

“Your right hyung.” I say

“Friends?” he says

“You know it brother.” I say giving the shorter a hug. and ruffling his red-orange hair.

“HAHA ERS!!” Hoseok says jumping on the couch “I was right and you were wrong!” he says as he points to the rest of the guys standing in the corner.

The remaining members each give him $10.

“Ok! What is going on here?” Jamie says

“Well, Taehyung and Jungkook bet that you would end up with Namjoon-ah.” Jin says

“And Jimin and Jin bet that you would end up with Yoongi-hyung.” Jungkook says

“And I bet that you guys would end up fighting and neither of you would get her.” Hoseok says.

“So you guys bet on my love life?” she says angrily, you could practically see the smoke coming out of here ears.

“You had better run.” Yoongi says

They all start running as Jamie chases them through the apartment.

Yoongi and I look at each other and start laughing.

I am glad we are friends again.

 

             End of chapter 5

 

(A/N; My character is supposed to be a bit tougher than she makes herself seem in this chapter, to me I found her very annoying and acting stupid in this chapter, I am very sowee ^=^)