Help Me!

Why Can't We Be Lovers?

Henry was very quiet during their ride to Amber’s home.  She hardly knew this side of Henry which made her a little uneasy.  She tried not to break the silence thinking he might need his full concentration when he drove.  She only popped her question when they got to her apartment building.  “What’s bothering you oppa?”  Henry didn’t answer her question, instead, he pursed his lips, pondered for a while before he asked “ Can we discuss this over at your apartment?”

“Absolutely.”  Amber quickly nodded her head.

At her apartment, sipping the drink Amber had prepared for him, Henry finally felt relax enough to poured out his sorrow. 

“Amber, you do know that I am involved with the WGM program right?”

“Yeah, I know..”  Sitting on her beanie, Amber’s index finger was drawing on the floor aimlessly while she raised her eyes to meet Henry. 

“Do you know who my virtual wife is?”  Amber nodded her head and knew immediately who he was referring to.  “Are you worried about Yewon unnie’s scandal with Taeim unnie?” 

“You know Yewon right?  What do you think of her?” Henry began his query. 

“Actually, I am not that close to her in person, you know, I am not picky when comes to friends, whoever is friendly and nice to me can be my pals.” Amber carefully minced her words, not wanting to offend anyone.

Glanced over his shoulder to look at Amber, Henry heaved a sigh, “I heard some rumors circling about her, unfortunately, none of them was good.  The thing is, I had already signed the contract, it is too late to back out now.”  Shaking his head. “.. just like my debut song, “I am Trapped.”” 

“Who chose her to be your virtual wife in the first place?”  Again, Amber is cautious when she asked her question, she didn’t want to step out of her line.

“It’s the PD nim who matched us up based on our criteria.  I read up on her before the show, everything seemed fine, so I took the job.  I just didn’t expect her scandal to spiral out of control now.  I know WGM is just a program, but with her tarnished reputation, my fan base afraid she will compromise my image.”

“Oppa, is there anything I can do to help?”  Despite her busy schedule, Amber volunteered right away.  

Henry patted her shoulder,  “ Amber, if WGM’s writer asks me to invite a friend to the show, will you be willing to go?

“Of course!” Amber was relieved by his request as she was worried he might need more demanding favors.  

“Did I put you in a difficult position?”  Henry still had his concerns.

“No, of course not, what make you say that?”  Amber avoided Henry’s query eyes and started playing with her dogs. 

“I am afraid you might get jealous.”  Henry said it with a grin, he never gave up on any chance to test her true feelings towards him.  

“Are you out of your mind Oppa?  Why would I be jealous?”  Even though Amber sounded as if she was perfectly fine with the arrangement, deep down, she did feel a tint of bitterness.  Can it be that Henry was right about her?  She was actually apprehended by his virtual marriage?