Sudden Change

Why Can't We Be Lovers?

Amber was all worn out by her hectic schedule to promote her new album.  She knew she had to prove her debut result to her company as the first female solo artist from f(x).  She worked extremely hard to achieve her goals.  Besides the mandate singing and dancing for music shows, she also stepped up her game by appearing in variety shows to enhance her visibility among Korean viewers. 

 

In all fairness, she was glad the audience bought her acts and her popularity had soared to a new height.  Not only did she get engaged with more work, she had also expanded her social networks.  The only thing that was bothering her was Henry’s sudden interest towards her.  He was contacting her way too often.  Besides being confused and perplexed about his recent change, she also found it hard to make time for him.  

 

“Yo, Amber, are you free? Let’s go out for dinner, my treat.” Henry asked. 

“No!” Without giving a thought, she turned him down. 

“Come on, please…” Henry used his ageyo voice to plead hoping to change her mind. 

“I can’t, really busy today, my dad is going back to LA, I need to spend time with him.” Amber did not bulge. 

“Have Mr. Liu join us then.” Henry promptly suggested.

“No way Jose! If my dad is going, he’s going to fight for the bill.” 

“Why don’t I grab some food and we’ll eat at your place.  I need to thank your dad for those Cheetos anyway.” Henry didn’t relent. 

“Um.. alright then, in that case, get extra food please, Irene and Peniel are coming to dinner tonight.”  Amber finally gave in, but not without adding more work for him.  “Uh… ok” Henry let out a sigh