Music Bank

Why Can't We Be Lovers?

When doing a promotion show for Music Bank, Amber saw Henry again!  She was really puzzled at this point, she wondered what was going on in Henry’s mind. He seemed to be always around her lately.  What happened to his virtual wife? Didn’t he sign an agreement with MBC on not to see other girls?  

On the stage, she saw Henry raised one of his fists to show her his sign of support, followed by taking her photos as if he was her huge fan.  She got distracted by his appearance and almost messed up with her dance routine.

At the backstage, when Amber was about to get ready to remove her makeup, she saw Henry came into the dressing room. 

“Hey Amber Good job!” With a big grin on his mochi face, Henry gave her a two-thumbs up.  

“Hey oppa, aren’t you busy with shooting a TV drama?  Why are you even here?” Amber was still trying to figure out why he has become so clingy.  

“Super Junior Hyungs’ are doing their promotion here so I decided to swing by to visit you.” 

“Well then, why are you still here?  Go and look for them!”  She pushed at him.

“Amber, why do I feel like you are shooing me away?”  Henry questioned her with a cute smile, obviously he was not bothered by her harsh words.  

“No, I am just afraid you didn’t have time for them.”  Amber quipped.

“I already saw them and talked to them, they are rushing to another job now, I don’t want to bother them.”  Henry shrugged his shoulder and smoothed his hair in front of a mirror.

“They still have work at this hour?”  Amber was surprised to learn that her senbai were working harder than her.  

“Amber, why don’t I take you home today, I’ve got my car.” Henry suggested.

“Nah…I prefer my manager, why don’t you go home and rest early.”  Amber didn’t want Henry to overextend himself. 

“Ok then..”  Henry went silent for a while before he reached into his bag and pulled out a wide flat box.  He carefully placed the box on her dresser.  

“Here, a little something to congratulate your solo debut.” 

“You’ve got something for me?”  She was shocked but delighted by his thoughtful gesture.  

“Open it.”  He urged her.  Right away, she picked up the box and opened it up.  Inside, she found a printed Stitch cartoon character phone cover, which  made her eyes sparkled.   She glanced up at Henry, “Aw.. why do you give this to me?” 

“Do you like it?”  Henry wanted her to have something that reminded her of him all the time.  

“No..” She shook her head, deliberately paused for a while before she uttered “ I love it, thank you Snoopy!”  Henry swore his heart skipped a beat when he heard her said “No..” 

She took out her smart phone immediately and changed its case.  “So, what do you think?”  She waved her newly covered phone in front of him. His feelings for her swelled even more when he saw how much she adored his present.  

“See, now we are Snoopy & Stitch!”  Henry raised his chin and proudly declared.  

“Come here you Snoopy!” Amber pulled him over and gave him a big hug.  She whispered in his ear, “ Thank you oppa, thank you for this awesome gift.  This encourages me to work harder.”

Henry held on to her slender body tightly.  The warmth of her body pressed against him, it was a moment he has been waiting for.  Their hug, however, must end when her manager walked in on them.  He faked a cough to announce his presence.   Henry reluctantly let go of Amber.  He slightly bowed to her manager out of courtesy before he pulled him to one corner and whispered something that was out of Amber’s hearing range. 

When Amber finished changing into her regular clothes, her manager was nowhere to be seen.

“Where’s oppa?”  Amber questioned Henry, the only person left in the dressing room.

“I am right here.”  Henry raised his hand.

Amber rolled her eyes, “You know I don’t mean you, what happened to my manager?”  

“I asked him to leave first, let me take you home.” Henry replied sheepishly.

 Amber couldn't help but give Henry the evil eye. She was a little annoyed by his secret arrangement with her manager without asking her first.

“Oppa, why are you doing this to me?  I still have my stuff in the company’s van!” Amber slightly raised her voice to show her frustration.  

Henry patted her shoulder, trying to calm her down “Well, Hyung will pick you up tomorrow anyway, why don’t you take my car tonight, I have something I need to discuss with you.”  

Amber cocked her head to one side and came to realization that Henry must have something important he needed to discuss with her in private.