Chapter 1

Bittersweet Relation

Taehyung

 

The sun lights the spring evening, the sounds of birds chirping and the peaceful wind making a beautiful evening look as if everything was perfect. The school bells ring signing that it was time and school has finally ended. Some students rush out of their classrooms and cheers as if it was their last day. Some simply pack their things and wait for it to clear so they don't get stuck in the sea of students walking up and down the hallways. A grumble is heard from behind me and I turn around. My friend Jimin looks at me, eyes half open.

 

"Is it over yet?" He says with a raspy voice.

 

Like usual he was sleeping during lessons and got away with it.

 

"Yeah."

 

No, it's not like he was really good at being quiet and the teachers don't notice at all. He is a loud sleeper actually, sometimes talks in his dreams, dreams that are obviously related to his um...his bottom part. He's been warned many times before but never really listens, so the teachers finally realizing that they could not get it through the boys head , gave up and just reports it to our principal, which by the way is his dad.

 

"You're gonna get in trouble with your dad again you know," I say as I pack up my books.

 

"No, not like he'll ever care. Besides the only punishment I get is losing fifths of my allowance so no big deal."

 

Jimin, the boy has it easy, he's got his whole future planned ahead of him.

Everything seems perfect for him, his family which is probably one of the richest families in Seoul, he knows people and has many friends, celebrities or not, he's friends with Tony Jones for god sakes, he even calls him by a nickname! What was it again? ChimChim?

 

"You know, it wouldn't hurt to just pick up a book and take at least one glance of what's in it,"

 

"...Eh, too much work,"

 

Compared to me, he's smart even if he doesn't pay attention, I need to work hard just to understand a question and extra hard just to solve it.

 

"How are you even passing?" I ask as we start walking out out the classroom.

 

He looks at me and then looks back ahead, "When my mom passed away I studied and studied a lot to get my mind of things, I did middle school work all the way to high school so nothing is really new to me here."

 

"Hmm."

 

Jimin's mom passed a few years back. It was a period of time where me and our other friends couldn't see him for weeks. It was also the period where his family became rich, because his dad had also worked himself off just like Jimin to forget about her death. I think it runs in the blood.

 

"How come you're not in college yet then?"

 

"I don't wanna leave high school just yet"

 

"And why is that?"

 

He stops his steps and I also out of surprise. He fully turns his body to me and stares me down. Even though he's the shorter one, I feel small under his stare. It's like he was trying to give me the answer but doesn't want to. His eyes looked angry yet pleading saying, 'why can't you see!?' His body gets closer and closer.

 

"Um... If you don't mind, please stop staring at me," I say pushing him back.

 

"Oh... Sorry." He says looking away awkwardly.

 

At the just right moment Jungkook greets us from across the hallway and I mentally thank him for saving me from our awkward situation.

 

"Hey guys!" He says, his bunny teeth showing ever so slightly.

 

"Hey Kookie," Jimin greets back with a big smile across his face like what just happened didn't happen.

 

I give a small wave and a smile to the younger that was walking across the hall to get to us.

 

I know Jimin likes Jungkook, he told me when we were in middle school, "I like Kookie" he said with his fist clenched, his face as red as a tomato, "Kookie doesn't like me though, he likes someone else," and when I asked him he didn't tell me. He said, "If I tell you, that person will know and might like him back and I don't want that." After he runs off and didn't come back to school until we heard the news of his mothers death.

 

"Aren't you so in love, why don't you go ask him out?." I say smiling at him then looking back at Jungkook, who seems like taking  his time 'cause he thinks we're patient enough.

 

Jimin chuckles, his face turned my way then back at the boy, "But he still loves that someone else," another chuckle comes from him, this one a bittersweet.

 

Finally the youngest boy catches up to us and we start walking together, Jungkook coming right in between us, looking innocent and having no idea what just happened.





 

Jimin

 

I wished he knew. I wish Kookie knew I like him. But when I tried to tell him back then, I asked him "Kookie who do you like?" Well that was the biggest mistake I've ever made because he answered "Don't tell anyone but I like...Taehyung."

 

I know he still likes Taehyung. I see it whenever he's around him, his eyes sparkle and he becomes a little shade of red only I could see. His beautiful smile so bright… I wish it was for me, but it’s not. I could never have him.

 

Like right now he’s walking between us and smiling brightly but I know he’s just happy to be by Taehyung. When we talk it’s Taehyung this and Taehyung that and what makes it even better is that I’m Taehyung’s best friend.

 

Thinking about this makes my head hurt.

 

“You guys go a head, I have to do something. I’ll meet you at Yoongi’s place tonight, bye” I wave and walk the other direction they were going to.

 

“Bye…” Kookie says waving back and looking a little confused. Taehyung looks confused too but also bids goodbye.

 

It hurts. So bad. How bittersweet.  

 

 

 

 

A/N 
 Hi! I'm Gummi, this is my first time writing in AFF and I'm not the greatest writer so please bare with me here hehe... anyways don't be afraid to give feedback and yea. Also I'm also posting this in Wattpadd so don't be afraid to check it out there and another thing( sorry so much stuff to say) I'm willing to take a co-author becuase I'm usually busy or lazy or just lost of ideas so if you're interested just message me somewhere... I don't no where 'cause I'm new to all this. Hehe yea bahh~