The Journey

Dystopia

A/N: Yea so here is the 3rd chapter..... i have nothing else to say

----------------------------------------------------------

Recap

It said:

FOLLOW~

LR YOU

FOLLOW~

MRJ EYE

How am I supposed to figure this out?

Jonghyun POV

"..."

I read through the paper many times. Nope, nothing was jumping out at me. Except for the fact Minho had put ~ after each follow. Which was weird because Minho wasn't really the type to put cute little expressions after his words.

*Pause*

Wait, if Minho had bothered to put those un-Minho things after his words, they must mean something right?

Flashback

"...wandered around the river..." "...wait at that river..." "...met up..." "...met up with them..."

End of Flashback (A/N: Yea I realised I forgot to put End of Flashback at the end of chapter 2. Whoops)

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes sense. Minho always met up with them in the same spot. And it was always the river. And a wavy line could represent a river. I shrugged. Since I had no other lead right now, I guess that I would follow the river right?

Then I looked at the river, the side that didn't lead towards the Society.

It was LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

And my Solarboard hadn't charged yet since I had to wait for the sun to actually charge it to use during night time.

Oh boy this is going to be a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG trip.

I put the bag on my back and picked up my Solarboard. I didn't expect it to be so heavy. No one ever lifted things in the Society. Technology was made so that we could live comfortably and with ease.

So began my long trip.

***

After about 1 hour my feet started hurting. I haven't walked this far in my entire life.

After 2 hours, I reached the muddy areas around the river. They were really annoying to walk through. I had never experienced mud in my life before but in my lessons, I was told that they were an inconvenience that the Society had decided to remove. Well it looks like they didn't remove it but just kept it out of the Society.

I tripped several times. In the mud. After the first fall, I felt annoyed. After 5 falls I felt extremely annoyed. After 10 falls I felt like screaming. I decided to take a bath in a cleaner area of the river as soon as I reached it. I couldn't stand the feeling of having mud caked on my skin and clothes any longer. Choi Minho, you are going to pay for this when I finally find you!

After a few more hours which I lost count of, I found a less muddy area. So I decided to camp out there until the next night fall because dawn was breaking. I washed all the mud off my body. And I felt so relieved after that. Then I realised that I was starving! I looked through my bag, to see what food Minho had packed for me. All the food was dehydrated, for convenience. Wow. Dehydrated food is not something that you find everywhere in the Society. It was kept in a special area and only meant for special use. I counted the number of packets. There were 50 in total, enough for me to have 3 meals a day with some extra for 2 weeks. I scooped up some water into my water Purifier. When I heard the 'ding', I put the dehydrated food into the purifier. The smell of fried rice hit my nose (A/N: Ahahahahahahaha Asian food...) I ate it quickly and after a day of walking, it tasted so good.

I put up my tent. Surprisingly, the instructions were pretty easy to read and I had it up in no time. Then I put my Solarboard in an area where there would be lots of sun once dawn broke. Then I slept.

***

I woke up to the sound of a large vehicle passing overhead. The vehicle wasn't that loud, which made me worry that it could be a Society hovervehicle. I looked outside at my Solarboard and realised that the sun was bouncing right off the Solarboard's shiny surface and creating some sort of beacon. Well that is about the stupidest thing that you could ever do Kim Jonghyun. I scrambled into the bushes and hoped that the hovervehicle would ignore it. Thankfully, it did, so I went outside and retrieved my Solarboard and my other things to continue on my journey.

***

4 days later

Finally, I had reached the end of the river. It did keep going on, but it had branched into 2 forks. And I didn't know which turn to take.  So I took out the note that Minho had given me and looked at it again.

LR YOU

"..."

LR couldn't mean Left Right, right? Minho wouldn't put such a simple thing in a note. It could be deciphered by anyone. And why was there are YOU behind it? Was Minho telling me to choose which way I wanted to go? But as far as I knew, he didn't know what side I liked better.  Well I was left handed. Which I don't think anyone knew as no one wrote anymore. But I did draw once before. Minho and I tried doing this Bygone thing called drawing. It was when a Bygone would look at an object then try to convey what they saw onto a piece of paper. It was incredibly weird. I learnt that Bygones did have this machine called a 'camera' which was used to take pictures. So why did they still draw? So Minho and I tried doing that and I used my left hand while Minho used his right hand. Apparently, most Bygones were right handed. So, was the clue telling me to go to the left?

FOLLOW~

And why did I have to follow another river?!

 (A/N: I'm starting to get bored of writing about the journey. So if I skip a whole bunch of days... yea you know why.)

***

1 week later

The river stopped. And I stopped as well. Because now there was this huge area of grass and flowers and rocks. The area was huge. Was I supposed to find something in there?

MRJ EYE

Well that's helpful. Looks like I'll be camping out here until I figure it out.

***

2 days later

After staring at the piece of paper for 2 days straight, I feel extremely annoyed at it. What was MRJ supposed to stand for?! And why was there an eye after it? Does that mean that MRJ is a person?

...

Oh! MRJ could be a person. There was this teacher that we had when we had first entered the dorm. He was called Mr J. And he had the most unusual eyes. They were constantly changing colour. Well it wasn't unusual to have eyes. The Society had special surgery that could be done anywhere on your body. But most people weren't brave enough to have that kind of flashy look. So this clue meant that I had to look for a place that constantly changed colour? As far as I knew, no grass or flowers or rocks changed colour that quickly.

So I went back to my camping area. On the way, I noticed something in the distance. I got curious so I went to have a look. And they were a group of flowers. But they changed colours. That is so weird. That isn't natural for flowers to change colour in 10 seconds for each colour. But I pushed aside my doubt and decided to stay near this patch of flowers.

Minho POV  (A/N: Yep Minho has made a return!) 

I was walking up the usual hill, to check if anyone had come. It has already been nearly a month since I had left the Society. Jonghyun still hasn't come, I was worried that he wouldn't come. But if he doesn't end up coming, I guess that's his choice.

"Minho hyung, are you sure that your friend will come?"

I looked down at the blonde boy beside me.

"... yea, I think so Taeminnie-ah."

Taemin nodded then looked over at the flower patch.

"Minho hyung, I think that someone is there."

I looked up at the flower patch as well. Someone was there. And he looked very familiar...

Jonghyun POV

"HYUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I jolted up from my position and stared around me. Good, no one is attacking me. What was that scream? I couldn't really hear what the person was yelling.

"HYUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The voice sounded closer now. And I could recognise the voice.

"M-Minho?"

I turned to the left and nearly got bowled over by a running Minho.

"Hyung you came! I didn't think that you would come! Wah it has been so long! Woah and you have muscles!"

"Minho! Wow so  actually did follow your instructions properly. They were so confusing. Ah speaking of which I need to kill you for making me walk through so much mud! And wow I didn't even realise I had muscles. Must be from the physical activity."

I whacked Minho in the head just as a payback.

"Ahh... Hyung you didn't have to do that! I apologise! Have mercy on me!"

"Since when did you learn that?"

A blonde boy walked up behind Minho.

"Minho hyung. You didn't have to run so fast. It's too tiring for me to catch up," the boy whined.

"Mianhae Taeminnie-ah. Oh, Jonghyun hyung, Taemin. Taemin, Jonghyun hyung," Minho said.

I bowed to Taemin and he bowed back to me.

"Annyeonghaseyo Taemin-sshi"

"Annyeonghaseyo Jonghyun-sshi"

"Well, now that we're all done talking here, let's go to your new home, hyung," said Minho.

I nodded. I picked up my things and followed Minho and Taemin.

"How many people live there?" I asked.

"5 including you and me," Minho answered. "You'll get along with the rest. They're nice and fun to be around."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: so this chapter is kinda boring. Cos halfway through writing the journey, i got bored of writing it and wanted to speed it up so that i can get to jongkey already. So i did. But Key still hasn't appeared. But he will appear in the next chapter ^^

Please comment and subscribe! But no negative comments please. ^^