two.

Daddy, Mommy and ...?

“Oppa, let’s give 爸爸(dad) and 妈妈(mom) a call to tell them too? They should hear about this too,” Juhyun looked at Luhan, eyes filled with concern and hope. Mr. and Mrs. Lu were a little upset about this international marriage, but gave in in the end. However, Luhan was still not in frequent contact with them due to other personal reasons too, after their wedding ceremony in Seoul. “Yes, go ahead,” he sighed softly. He definitely did not want to upset his now pregnant wife. In any case, he knows that Juhyun is a stubborn person, and will definitely insist on informing them until the phone call was made.

“喂,妈。我是小贤。您还过得好吗?(Hello, mom. It’s Juhyun. How are you?)” Luhan sat beside her while she made the phone call to China, speaking in fluent Mandarin. He observed Juhyun from her side… her side profile never fails to amaze him. Even though she had put on a little pregnancy weight (especially obvious on her cheeks), she still had that glow and that grace in her.

He then moved his vision down to look at the now slightly obvious pregnancy bump – this little honeymoon miracle.  How did such a bump bring about so much emotions, morning sickness and food cravings, he could never fathom. That little bump had definitely came about as a surprised, when Juhyun started vomiting three days in a row, despite only have clear foods or fruit juices. Her body temperature was also constantly on a higher side, which was alarming and brought them to the doctors.

That was when they found out that the little miracle was in her body – sweet, tiny little being. If only that little peanut knew how much both Luhan and Juhyun loved him. Oh wait – or her. Definitely could not scratch that possibility out. Luhan did a silent nod while Juhyun was still chatting away on the phone. He continued thinking back on the past 3 months, her constant morning sickness made him worry so much – she was already skinny to begin with, and with this morning sickness, she started losing weight more than gaining them.

Then came her food cravings, oh bless these food cravings to give her some weight back. Even though it was tiring that he had to travel around different parts of Seoul to get her all that food she wanted, it was a happy tired feeling because he could finally do something as her husband and play a part in the pregnancy. So yes, bless the food craving – another silent nod of approval. He silently prayed that the remaining 6 months or so will be at least smooth-sailing, now that she was into her second trimester (which signified the end/less of the morning sickness).

Just then, Luhan heard Juhyun saying ‘good night’ and then noticed that there were tears in her eyes while staring at her phone in silence. “Juhyun-ah, why are you crying?” Luhan kneeled down in front of her and asked. “Just, I don’t know. Mama was being so nice and worried over the phone I felt so bad that we are so far apart… Han-ah, I really want for baba and mama to be here, with us…” she said while looking at her hands. Juhyun always felt that the distance and rejection from his parents were because of her (which really was not the way she thought it was). “Aigoooooo. My baby is going to be a mother to a baby soon. You should learn to be stronger, my pretty wife,” Luhan smiled as he wiped the tears away with his finger, and then proceeded to plant a kiss on her forehead and then her stopped at her lips for a long time. 

--------

A/N: Here's the second part! The ending is taking a longer time to brainstorm than expected. I hope you'll enjoy this in the meanwhile! Thank you again for reading. :) 

How do you feel about Juhyun conversing in fluent Mandarin? It is actually a secret dream of mine to be able to so with her. ;D Hope you guys liked it!