three.

Daddy, Mommy and ...?

Nearly 8 months into pregnancy, Juhyun suddenly felt a very bad and constant contraction while resting at home with her siblings. Luhan had a work appointment to attend to so he had sent her over so that there were people watching over her. She was supposed to have at least another 2 weeks to her due date, but it was also prone for 1st pregnancies to come earlier than expected. Kyungsoo took the car keys while Joy and Sehun helped Juhyun into the car. At this time, they only dependable person to drive was Kyungsoo.

Sehun took the initiative to contact Luhan while on the way to the hospital. “What? I’ll be right there!!” Luhan said in a hurry over the phone and hung up. Meanwhile in the backseat, Juhyun was perspiring profusely and held on to Sehun’s hand ever so tightly. Joy helped to wipe the perspiration off her unnie’s face while assuring her that everything would be alright. Sehun brought Seohyun closer to him, half-cuddling his noona while silently cursing Luhan in his head for not doing his job well as a husband.

-----------

At the hospital, Juhyun was pacing around the ward, breathing was now more difficult for her and she was still perspiring profusely. The 3 dongsaengs were watching her from the door – she had specifically said she wanted to be alone before Luhan’s arrival. A few moments later, Joy stood up and bowed to 2 elderly figures while Luhan nodded at them and rushed into the ward. “Juhyun-ah,” he said while holding her by her waist, afraid that doing anything else would hurt her. She looked up and smiled at him, eyes glistening with tears from the pain. Before she could speak, a voice called out to her.

“小贤啊(Juhyun-ah).”Juhyun looked up and started crying while the 2 figures approached her. “爸爸,妈妈 (dad, mom),”She cried out. Mrs. Lu embraced her into a hug. “Take deep breaths, you’re doing fine. You’re so strong, my dear girl.” She encouraged Juhyun while helping her to the bed. “How did you…?” Juhyun asked, a little out of breath. “Luhan contacted us; he had arranged for this 6 months ago. We wanted to come earlier but we had to attend to something urgent in the family business…” Mrs. Lu smiled apologetically, “it must have been hard on you, Juhyun-ah,” she said as she her hair, Juhyun smiled in response.

The time came for Juhyun to go into the surgical ward, Mr. and Mrs. Lu gave their last good words of encouragement and reassurance before she was wheeled in. Luhan was soon accompanying her in the ward after he was done scrubbing in. Juhyun giggled a little at how he looked like in the surgical scrubs. “老公啊,我们的二人世界好短暂啊 (Hubby, our couple life is really short-lived).” she joked. Luhan smirked and then became serious again. He placed his hands on Juhyun’s pregnant belly and spoke in a gentle manner, “hey, don’t give your mama too much pain alright, you little peanuts.” Then he turned to Juhyun and planted a soft kiss on her forehead, “老婆,辛苦你了。就快看到宝宝了。加油,我在这里陪这你呢 (Wifey, you’ve worked hard. You’ll soon see the baby. Press on, I’m here with you).”

Thankfully, in less than an hour, Juhyun successfully gave birth without as much pain as she would have expected from natural birth. When everything was settled, the family members were all allowed to go into the ward that Juhyun was resting in. Luhan was beaming and was looking very pleased, in front of the door waiting for all of them. Sehun grunted a little at him and called him out for looking like a ‘dumb daddy’. Luhan cleared his throat, and then opened the door to the ward.

“Ladies and gentlemen, meet my precious babies!” Everyone was so excited that they did not catch what he just said. Instead, they were all dumbfounded and shocked when they realized that there was not only one… but TWO babies in Juhyun’s arms. “Yaaaaa!!! HOW DID YOU EVEN KEEP THIS FROM US?!” Sehun suddenly blurted out loudly at the couple, still in disbelief. Even Mr. and Mrs. Lu were in shock, and happy tears circling in Mrs. Lu’s eyes. “Hehehehehehehehe, surprise~” Juhyun beamed.

Joy was already beside Juhyun, cooing at the babies. “Unnie, you are so, so, lucky to be pregnant with twins!! Still can’t believe that I am already an aunt at 24, aigooooo.” Juhyun was smiling ear to ear; it was as though all the tiredness and pain from the labour were gone in an instant. Yes, the maknae always had this effect on her – the healing effect. Kyungsoo slowly moved closer to Juhyun, eyes wide with confusion. It seemed as though it was his first time looking at newborn infants.

“Kyungsoo? Are you okay?” Kyungsoo nodded slowly and tilted his head to the side. “Noona, they are really yours? Twins…?” Juhyun laughed at his reply, and then turned to look at Luhan, who then said, “Juhyun and I wanted to surprise everyone,” he looked like a happy, silly and proud daddy (imagine: 8-D) at the same time. He then carried the twins to his parents, putting them each in their arms. Meanwhile Joy and Kyungsoo stayed by the bed with Juhyun while Sehun stood alone at the door, seemingly still processing the whole situation.

Luhan who saw that he was alone, carried the baby girl to him and put her in Sehun’s arms. Sehun was a little flustered by the sudden move but soon calmed down when he looked down at the newborn child in his arms… “She’s… beautiful. Just like noona,” he whispered. Luhan stood by his side, grinning. “Looks like someone will be that dumb uncle who dotes on the little princess a lot huh,” he jokingly said. Sehun would usually retort, but this time he merely said “yea, I think so too,” and then planted a soft kiss on the baby’s forehead, bringing a soft coo from her.

Luhan’s eyes widened at his action “Ya, YA, YAAAA!! SHE’S MY DAUGHTER. GIVE HER BACK TO ME!” He exclaimed rather loudly, startling the baby. Sehun stared at him, shook his head and then walked over to Juhyun. “Let’s go to mommy,” he said while walking over to her. Everyone was laughing at Luhan’s reaction – he stared at the dongsaeng in disbelief, but soon let out a soft chuckle and walked towards his parents. The twins, each in Juhyun and Luhan’s arms, surrounded by the people they loved.