FIN

Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The dress was a deep dark majenta color and had layers and layers of light fabric, as light and cool as water. It stopped just above my knees, and I borrowed some black heels from my mother.

 

It was not like he was using them anytime soon.

 

I put on some light make up, I’m not a fan of make up really. Just mascara, eyeliner and some deep lipstick.

 

I was just about to step into the car when I realized it was not there. I hurried inside and checked my mother’s room.

 

She was gone.

 

I dialed Chaerin’s number and asked if she could pick me up. I waited inside and a cab arrived. I forgot, she didn’t have a car. So stupid of me, I wonder where my mother had gone. Maybe to grandma’s place. I stepped inside and she complimented me.

 

“You look stunning,” she said.

 

I blushed. She looked nice herself, she matched it with mine. She looked ravishing in her red off-shoulder knee-length dress.

 

“Thank you. I’m so sorry you had to come out here. My mother took the car and I didn’t remember you did not have one.”

 

“It’s okay. I was taking a cab anyway. Your mother went out?”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know where she went.”

 

“Where are we going?” I said as we drove out of the townhall.

 

“You’ll see.”

 

I waited and waited, the cab’s fare must be hitting expenses. We must have been driving at least half an hour now. But I guess someone was lucky and did not have to worry about money.

 

We arrived at an exclusive French restaurant. There were gold and silk everywhere, I took just one glance at the menu and raised my brow. She must have seen it.

 

“Really, my family and I have more than we could possibly spend. Have whatever you like,” she said.

 

I wonder what her house must look like. I picked something out soon enough and she did too. She was having squid and I can’t believe she likes that!

 

“So what is your last name? Sandara, you already know mine.”

 

“Park,” I said and tried to figure out how to eat this thing. I never used fork and knife like this. My hands were not made for eating nicely.

 

I then noticed she was drinking champagne. “How old are you?”

 

“Turning eighteen. I have a year of high school left. Unfortunately.”

 

“The last year in high school is the most awesome” she said.

 

“For some people, I guess.” She laughed at that.

 

We finished and Chaerin said she ordered a rench specialty desser. I had to blink twice as I saw it.

 

Strawberries and chocolate?

 

“That is French.” I said not believing.

 

“Oui, it was Monsieur Bernard de Gilles-“

 

“Okay fine,” I interrupted not wanting a French history lesson in strawberries and chocolate. I was just about to dip my first strawberry in the chocolate pool when my phone rang. It was an unfamiliar number. I picked up.

 

“Are you Sandara Park-ssi?”

 

“Yes,” I said uncertainly.

 

“I’m so sorry, but your mother had been in an accident. She had a front to front collision and suffered from a boken spine and internal bleeding. She’s in coma. We are unsertain if when will she recover or if she will ever recover. But---“

 

I choked and hung up. My tears were pressing out.

 

No. not my mother please. Please.

 

“I’m sorry. Omma—I-, It’s my mother. I have to go.”

 

Surprisingly, Chaerin was still with me, leading me out. She had to support me all the way. I felt my knees giving in for every step I take. We took another cab and there, I still found myself crying.

 

I cannot lose her too. She was getting better. I knew she was.

 

Upon arriving at the hospital, I ran inside and saw my grandparents and Haru was also there. They were all crying.

 

“I’m so, so sorry Dara” She whispered.

 

“She can still recover, “I told mysel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter